WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Ohhh, Cyprus, how lovely, just the tonic you need......:cool: when are you going?

I dont think you need worry about your daughters, im sure they will have a wonderfull time at Nanny & Grandads & get spoilt rotten....Its the stuff memories are made off...:cute:

I do hope so we are off on the 11th Aug we got married there 12 years ago and it will be nice to visit one last time.

Shonz great news on job offer you must be well chuffed

Donna

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shannene

The Van Antwerps from South Africa

175 applied for 2 April 2009

SS applied 11 June 2009

Hasnt been that long but seems like forever!

Post man has been nothing

same here- god now Im gonna be obsessed with Royal Mail as well as the email. :wacko:

Hadnt worried about SS with my cancer scare but Ive had the second op and they are certain its all gone now- written confirmation in 3 weeks.

So once I finally stop worrying about SS , Ill be worried about getting through my medical !!! :spinny:

Congrats Shonz on getting the job- at last some good news ! xx

same here- god now Im gonna be obsessed with Royal Mail as well as the email. :wacko:

Hadnt worried about SS with my cancer scare but Ive had the second op and they are certain its all gone now- written confirmation in 3 weeks.

So once I finally stop worrying about SS , Ill be worried about getting through my medical !!! :spinny:

Nightmare having to wait 3 weeks wil be a long wait but will be good when you get the all clear.

You will have nothing to worry about with your medicals.

They just want to make sure you are not brining in any thing they can catch unlike in uk we let them in without checking if they have anything then we get blamed for not giving them there mmr jabs should make sure who you are letting in has nothing.

well keep us all posted on how you get on.

Emma and gang

same here- god now Im gonna be obsessed with Royal Mail as well as the email.

So once I finally stop worrying about SS , Ill be worried about getting through my medical !!!

Great news from your second op...Really pleased for you :cute:

Have a great weekend.....& try not to terrorise the postie too much! :laugh:

The Van Antwerps from South Africa

175 applied for 2 April 2009

SS applied 11 June 2009

Hasnt been that long but seems like forever!

Hello & a Very warm welcome to our thread, thankyou for joining :cute: Its a great place to keep track of (roughly) how processing times are going in WA & what timescales we can all expect

I have added your details to our front page, please do come back & join in with our chats to help keep positive for the wait ahead :yes:

Guest SteBrickie

Hi,

I thought I'd add our details..

applied 175: 28/09/08

Applied SS: 18/03/09

Still wating....

I was just wondering from those who have heard from WA, is the answer normally by letter or e-mail?

Guest mirelle

Hi from Bosnia, I have been reading all the thread and posts on this forum and was reluctant to put any posts due to the fact that we were believing that our application is all OK and ongoing well, until few days ago when we received a letter from our case officer that our application processing has been delayed until 2010. We applied for family sponsored visa 136 in August 2007, so far we submitted everything including medicals and character check. What is worst is that our case officer continued to request character and medicals even after our skill was taken off the CSL, which led us to believe that it is all OK. After receiving the letter from CO with Priority Processing Arrangements for 09-10, we submitted WA SS application of Friday, 26 July, but due to the low internet connection we were unable to upload all the documents and we did it in a separate mail, I have read that same thing happened to few people, would apprechiate if someone could write phone number which you called to check up if the documentaion was all received. Also another question, is there a fee to be paid for WASS application and if so where can I fiind the instruction on how to make payment?

visa - GSM family sponsored 136 (20 august 2007)

general electrician - TRA pass feb 2007, IELTS (6.5) feb 2007, medicals and characted check december 2008, wife IELTS (7.5) March 2009, additional character March 2009, additional med chack husband May 2009, - postponed for 2010 - applied for WASS - 26 July 2009 - waiting

Guest hazeotoole

Think the fee is 500 AUD, i paid by credit card, I am sure they will contact you for payment in due course. Good luck with the applications how long have you got before your medicals expire? That is so bad the co asked for everything even though processing had changed.

Guest mirelle

Thank you for the quick reply Hazeotole and fee info. It is so painful to talk about the whole thing, we are totally devastated by the fact that we must wait for another year or so, and even than if DIAC processes our application again by that time all our papers validity will expire and that mean additional huge cost for us. We submitted medicals in January 09 and than HOC requested additional TBC check for my husband, which results we submitted in May 09. ALL frustrating. But we are in love! :)

Hi,

I thought I'd add our details..

applied 175: 28/09/08

Applied SS: 18/03/09

Still wating....

I was just wondering from those who have heard from WA, is the answer normally by letter or e-mail?

Hi & thankyou for joining our thread...I hope you find it usefull :yes:

From the replys we have had here, on this thread, most seem to get letters from WA, usually hearing from their agents first about their approvals....

These are the figures for our thread only....:cute:

No of Applications, Months applied, State Sponsership approved & Visas granted - WA:

January x 1 Approved x 1

February x 5 Approved x 5 Visa x 1

March x 22 Approved x 3 Visa x 1

April x 13

May x 5

June x 4

Just want to say a great big thank you to Kelly for starting and maintaining this thread - I am hooked and to be honest this is pretty much the only thread I look at these days - so informative for all of us waiting for SS.

Thanks xx

Just want to say a great big thank you to Kelly for starting and maintaining this thread - I am hooked and to be honest this is pretty much the only thread I look at these days - so informative for all of us waiting for SS.

Thanks xx

Aww, shucks.....:embarrassed: How really sweet of you, I really am so glad it is of help to you....

I love keeping it going, reading all the posts, chatting, sharing stories & trying to keep it to the forefront, so any new members can join in with us too....

I would like to take this oppurtunity to say a BIG thankyou to everyone that posts on this thread...As without you, it wouldnt be what it is today, thankyou.....:notworthy:

Think the fee is 500 AUD, i paid by credit card, I am sure they will contact you for payment in due course. Good luck with the applications how long have you got before your medicals expire? That is so bad the co asked for everything even though processing had changed.

thx hazeotoole, I was wondein this as well. Just want to know should it be paid when u apply or after the SS been granted? Bcuz when I applied SSV online, I didn't see any step required payment neither when I received the confirmation letter of application from WA. Cheers, Kai

Guest hazeotoole

I went through an agent so maybe it could have been the agents fee for the paperwork but not sure so maybe someone else will have some feed back so many things to do and pay for lost count sorry I cant be of more help :)

I went through an agent so maybe it could have been the agents fee for the paperwork but not sure so maybe someone else will have some feed back so many things to do and pay for lost count sorry I cant be of more help :)

You don't have to pay anything to apply for SS to WA, its the agents that charge for doing it. So if you are with an agetn like us thats another £300 we are down!:arghh:

Archived