SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

It really is isn't it! I think it has saved me from a few sleepless nights! I still haven't been asked for my medicals or police checks yet but I'm hoping now I've submitted the info they've asked for, they'll ask me to get them done. My application now states being that assessment is in progress so I'm hoping it will all be sorted before we're due to fly in early July. If I can avoid having to apply for a tourist visa and do the whole exist Australia to get the partner visa granted, I'll be a happy woman! I'm from Kent originally too - whereabouts were you before you moved to NI?

We're heading to Victoria too, my husbands family are all in and around Melbourne so we're heading there. How about you guys?

I know what you mean about the tourist visa thing as that's what we are hoping to avoid too! We are due to arrive in Melbourne in the middle of June, all being well! I'm negotiating with shipping companies at the moment and trying to plan some kind of itinerary! When I spoke to the call center, they said mine would probably be granted around end May time, so I'm kind of hoping that will be the case! I've just started putting the feelers out for work as well, and have emailed a school to try and get my daughter into it!

Edited by Beffers

Pressed the button and paid the massive bucket of cash Dec 13.

Wife is Aus, met 9 years ago and been married for the last 2.5 years with no kids.

Waiting for instruction before doing medical and PC.

As simple as it gets.

Hurry up and wait :laugh:

So far:

13/12/16 Submitted

07/03/17 Contact from case worker Lee asking form me to do medical and police checks and her to do UK and Aus police checks. 70 days to do it.

09/03/17 all Police checks submitted.

10/03/17 Medical booked

So far:

13/12/16 Submitted

07/03/17 Contact from case worker Lee asking form me to do medical and police checks and her to do UK and Aus police checks. 70 days to do it.

10/03/17 Medical booked

Very good! Things are definitely moving along!

So far:

13/12/16 Submitted

10/03/17 Medical booked

Unzippy did you pay for the fast service for police check?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi all. Just putting it out there. When @Unzippy said in the post that police check is passed to the visa system electronically. How does this work. I know when we fill in the form last week or asked for a case officer amendment and ref to the visa, it also said the police check would be sent to our house. We sent off for the pokicd check later last Wednesday afternoon. What's the normal time scale for them?

Hi all. Just putting it out there. When @Unzippy said in the post that police check is passed to the visa system electronically. How does this work. I know when we fill in the form last week or asked for a case officer amendment and ref to the visa, it also said the police check would be sent to our house. We sent off for the pokicd check later last Wednesday afternoon. What's the normal time scale for them?

We did the same thing and had the police check certificates posted to our house. I then scanned them and emailed to our visa agent who uploaded to the system. Took just over a week to receive the certificates in he mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a normal wait for a police check to be sent. We sent it off on 1st March. It says standard £45 post is 10 working days not including receipt day or dispatch day.

Yeah it is. The Aus one is often bavk sooner than the uk one. I paid for faster postage at £9

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Where do I need to get the Aussie one from? This is something I need to do within the next fortnight or so.

I paid faster postage for UK ones but only applied for it Tuesday/Wednesday.

Thanks, Beffers

Yeah it is. The Aus one is often bavk sooner than the uk one. I paid for faster postage at £9

Not yet but I only sent off for mine on Tuesday and hubby's on Wednesday. Ours have to be uploaded by 10th April, so we are okay for time, but need to get Oz one done too. My medical is in three weeks :)

Have you received the UK one Beffers

Not yet but I only sent off for mine on Tuesday and hubby's on Wednesday. Ours have to be uploaded by 10th April, so we are okay for time, but need to get Oz one done too. My medical is in three weeks :)

Ahh okay we sent my husbands on the 1st March so a week past Wednesday. Hope it's here tomorrow or Monday, Hubby has medical on titans then it's a waiting game for grant.

Think once your police checks and medical are uploaded, that you'll get your grant real soon!

Ahh okay we sent my husbands on the 1st March so a week past Wednesday. Hope it's here tomorrow or Monday, Hubby has medical on titans then it's a waiting game for grant.

Hi all, I haven't posted before but I've been reading the forum posts for a while. I applied 14th Jan and completed my police check and medical straightaway, and on 8th March I had a request for my husband to complete UK & Australian police checks which we've applied for. I'm hoping that means our case officer has started looking at our application, it's so stressful just waiting and I'm only a few weeks into the process!

Hi all, I haven't posted before but I've been reading the forum posts for a while. I applied 14th Jan and completed my police check and medical straightaway, and on 8th March I had a request for my husband to complete UK & Australian police checks which we've applied for. I'm hoping that means our case officer has started looking at our application, it's so stressful just waiting and I'm only a few weeks into the process!

Why do some people need Australian and UK police checks?

If you lived in Aus for more than 12 months combined i think in the last10 years. Ive spent probably 2.5 years of the last 4 in oz so i hadda get one.

If you lived in Aus for more than 12 months combined i think in the last10 years. Ive spent probably 2.5 years of the last 4 in oz so i hadda get one.

Ooh, makes sense. Thanks :)

A new rule came in mid November where the sponsor now also needs to provide police check clearances. It's all about the spouse/prospective spouse being fully aware of the sponsor's full history (criminal etc). This is only for people who applied or or after 18 Nov 2016.

All info here https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/sponsor-requirements

So far:

13/12/16 Submitted

10/03/17 Medical booked

Went for my medical on Fri, there had been a cancellation so despite being contacted on Tue, I got done on the Fri. This was London.

For those yet to take it, it's not too scary.

Piss in a bottle.

Chest x-ray.

Some questions about your health history.

Strip to my boxers.

Weighed.

Height measured.

Looked in my ears.

Looked in my throat.

Looked in my eyes.

Listened to my lungs/heart front and back.

Tapped my knees for reflexes.

Tapped my stomach to check my liver.

Checked my eyesight.

Took a blood sample.

£295 (they don't take amex) thank you very much.

No cupping/coughing, no probing:shocked:

In and out under 45 mins I reckon.