SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Quick question to those that have recently been granted following an email to their CO. What exactly did you put in the email?

I have let mine know (a few months ago) that I am due to go over on a tourist visa for a wedding jut before the 9 month point. I haven't tried to contact them since (to avoid becoming an annoyance). It seems that a gentle reminder email has been paying off for folks on here and was interested on what the wording of those emails was...

Quick question to those that have recently been granted following an email to their CO. What exactly did you put in the email?

I have let mine know (a few months ago) that I am due to go over on a tourist visa for a wedding jut before the 9 month point. I haven't tried to contact them since (to avoid becoming an annoyance). It seems that a gentle reminder email has been paying off for folks on here and was interested on what the wording of those emails was...

@Ronansmyth Just send an email asking if they could give you any update on timeline as you need to apply for a TV and you are concerned that if it's granted after the other visa, it will cancel it out.

Something along the lines of

Hello so and so

Hope you are keeping well. Isn't the weather fantastic for Autumn, it looks like being a mild winter this year.

I'm just emailing you to see if there is any update on the grant timeline as I am planning to attend a wedding in Australia on XXXDATEHERE and I'm going to need apply for a Tourist Visa. I have read online that if my partner visa is granted, then the tourist one is granted, the tourist visa cancels the partner visa out. If I apply for the tourist visa on XXXDATEHERE then will it interfere with the grant of my partner visa?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Whenever I sent emails (all twice lol), I just did a bit of small talk, hoping WP was keeping well etc., etc., and the second email was replied with the grant being made before the end of the month which was about 6 days away or so at the time. The end of the month was a Friday and the grant came through after 3 or so I think on the Friday.

So this is my first time posting here, I have been reading this forum all night and felt that I needed to talk to you guys.

Did anyone else apply in March, we are heading up to the 8 month mark and I am thinking about sending off an email once we are in November to WP (case officer) to hopefully get the ball rolling.

Also has anyone had a phone interview?

Have been in the U.K 2 years now and cannot wait to go home to Melbourne!!

So this is my first time posting here, I have been reading this forum all night and felt that I needed to talk to you guys.

Did anyone else apply in March, we are heading up to the 8 month mark and I am thinking about sending off an email once we are in November to WP (case officer) to hopefully get the ball rolling.

Also has anyone had a phone interview?

Have been in the U.K 2 years now and cannot wait to go home to Melbourne!!

I had WP and she's lovely. She sent a lovely email with the grant notification and then another one later to ask if all was okay etc and wish us well in our new lives. I know the processing times changed but I can't recall when so go off the initial email that you were sent as the new times are longer. An email to ask how things are progressing is fine though.

We didn't have any interviews at all, so can't shed light on that for you.

I had WP and she's lovely. She sent a lovely email with the grant notification and then another one later to ask if all was okay etc and wish us well in our new lives. I know the processing times changed but I can't recall when so go off the initial email that you were sent as the new times are longer. An email to ask how things are progressing is fine though.

We didn't have any interviews at all, so can't shed light on that for you.

She has been so lovely to us as well, she has always replied really quickly and has been so helpful. She has always said 8-9 months so I'll wait until November and then see if she can shed some light on when our grant might come through.

From other forums that I've read I think only high risk cases have a phone interview, I was just wondering if anyone else had one.

Thanks for your reply, I hope your enjoying your life in Aus, such a beautiful country!!

She has been so lovely to us as well, she has always replied really quickly and has been so helpful. She has always said 8-9 months so I'll wait until November and then see if she can shed some light on when our grant might come through.

From other forums that I've read I think only high risk cases have a phone interview, I was just wondering if anyone else had one.

Thanks for your reply, I hope your enjoying your life in Aus, such a beautiful country!!

Sadly, I haven't managed to move back yet as my house hasn't sold but I'm going for a month in December so am excited to see my family whom I haven't seen for many years except for over SKYPE, which isn't the same.

Have you had/are you expecting to have an interview then? I think it's more for arranged marriage type scenarios, or where there's a huge age gap, that type of thing. I don't think it's necessarily anything to worry about but i would think that it comes very early on in the process.

Sadly, I haven't managed to move back yet as my house hasn't sold but I'm going for a month in December so am excited to see my family whom I haven't seen for many years except for over SKYPE, which isn't the same.

Have you had/are you expecting to have an interview then? I think it's more for arranged marriage type scenarios, or where there's a huge age gap, that type of thing. I don't think it's necessarily anything to worry about but i would think that it comes very early on in the process.

Oh that's such a shame! How frustrating that your just waiting on your house to sell!!!

Well I hope you have the most amazing time in December, your right though, Skype is great but it's just not the same as seeing your family in person!

No no, I'm not expecting an interview at all, before I came across this forum I read heaps of other one's that were really dodgy cases and they all had interviews so I think your right!

Oh that's such a shame! How frustrating that your just waiting on your house to sell!!!

Well I hope you have the most amazing time in December, your right though, Skype is great but it's just not the same as seeing your family in person!

No no, I'm not expecting an interview at all, before I came across this forum I read heaps of other one's that were really dodgy cases and they all had interviews so I think your right!

It's very frustrating as I've been trying to sell since January but c'est la vie I suppose.

Yes, I've read on other forums (not a member though) were there was one case and the man had used a proxy to marry the wife and had only ever spent 2 days in her company. Unsurprisingly, the visa application was refused but he couldn't understand why :eek:

It's very frustrating as I've been trying to sell since January but c'est la vie I suppose.

Yes, I've read on other forums (not a member though) were there was one case and the man had used a proxy to marry the wife and had only ever spent 2 days in her company. Unsurprisingly, the visa application was refused but he couldn't understand why :eek:

Oh my god!!!

I've read similar ones and they honestly have no idea why the visa was refused... Incredible!!!

Oh my god!!!

I've read similar ones and they honestly have no idea why the visa was refused... Incredible!!!

I have to admit, that when I'm feeling a bit down, a little google of partner visas refused Australia can soon cheer me up when I have a read through of some of them. They are just so fantastic that you have to wonder where these people are coming from. Amazing really.