SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

am i being really silly.... we want to pay by cheque for our PMV app, as we dont have credit cards, only debit. it says amount in AUD, which i know the amount but do i just use todays rate to write my cheque in £'s? im in UK with an english cheque book, so how do i find the price in GBP?!

Guest christinenpete

We are just sorting out the statutory declarations and then need to get everything certified before we submit for subclass 309/100.

Just wondered if anyone has used a Doctor, police officer or Teacher to certify docs? Or should we go hunting for a justice of peace or solicitor... Any ideas would be appreciated :o)

hi i looked into this a few weeks ago, i thought a teacher could etc but after digging deeper apparently not, soliciter, JP, magistrate etc. I cant remember where i found that info but will post the link if i find it

Guest christinenpete

Ace thanks, thought that was the case but wanted to double check... it's a shame as I know plenty of doctors, teachers and police officers that would happily autograph our docs, but unfotunatley no JP, solicitors etc! Grrrr! will have to start the hunt.

Thanks again ;o)

no worries, same with us, my other half works in a school as does his mum and 2 of my good friends are coppers, o well! it was the quickest £100 we ever spent!

am i being really silly.... we want to pay by cheque for our PMV app, as we dont have credit cards, only debit. it says amount in AUD, which i know the amount but do i just use todays rate to write my cheque in £'s? im in UK with an english cheque book, so how do i find the price in GBP?!

Hi :biggrin: You need to use the DIAC online converter: Currency Converter The $1705 fee currently translates to £1000.

We are just sorting out the statutory declarations and then need to get everything certified before we submit for subclass 309/100.

Just wondered if anyone has used a Doctor, police officer or Teacher to certify docs? Or should we go hunting for a justice of peace or solicitor... Any ideas would be appreciated :o)

I used a notary public for certification of copies of documents (passport, etc.). The personal statements from friends concerning our relationship were witnessed by teachers, nurses, doctors, etc. I haven't yet been told that this will be problematic.

i think all their information is conflicting anyway! its not straight fwd, we found lots of little hurdles. good luck everyone! ive just got back from the post office so mine is outta sight! fingers crossed...

Carla you are aware you can not pay by personal cheque? You can only pay by debit or credit card. Or by Bankers draft, which you get from the bank and pay for. If you send a personal checque your application will be returned.

Hi There,

We applied for a subclass 309 visa back in July 2009. At this time we have been married for 4 years and 7 months. Now it has been more than 5 years since we got married and the visa is still being proccessed. our question is:

When the visa is hopefully granted, will it be a permemnant visa (Subclass 100) or a temp 2 years years vis (Subclass 309)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi There,

We applied for a subclass 309 visa back in July 2009. At this time we have been married for 4 years and 7 months. Now it has been more than 5 years since we got married and the visa is still being proccessed. our question is:

When the visa is hopefully granted, will it be a permemnant visa (Subclass 100) or a temp 2 years years vis (Subclass 309)?

Thanks in advance.

It is not a direct answer to your questions I know but...

We have been married for 11 years. When we asked, via email, before applying for a 309/100, we were told "The case officer will decide to whether you will be granted a temporary or permanent visa". I don't know whether it a simple rule-based decision, or on a case-by-case basis (I suspect the latter) - others here probably understand the process better than I.

You seem to have been in the system for a while - have you had any communications recently?

Hi Fleabo,

Yes, it's been ages since we submitted our application. After we submitted the application in July, we were asked for form 80, which we submitted in July too. Since then, it has been automatic responses. We recently found out by accident that the form 80 was delayed for 2 month as the CO forgot to process it. So we are another 2 months behind because of that. We will surely complain if nothing happen soon.

Hello to everyone!Iam new in here!

Me too i applied for subclass 309/100 in november 2009, we are married for 5 years and we have a son and its seems that the CO decided subclass 100 in my case, probablly based on the evidences attached.

For me will also take time because iam waiting the PC from Azerbaijan, a country i was living for 2 years and the Embassy of this country in Bucharest dosnt issue PC only for their citizens.I applied to the romanian foreign ministry and its taking time.i hopr is the last thing requested before i get the visa.

Hello

I'm joining this waiting game too:

Visa applied for: De Facto 309/100

05/01/2010 - Application received in London (frontloaded with Police Check and Meds)

14/01/2010- Case Officer requested Form 80

18/01/2010- Photos/cards etc returned

25/01/2010 - C/O acknowledges receipt of Form 80

Nothing else requested as yet, hopefully that's a good sign

• 2 weeks later...

Got my visa granted yesterday...2 months to the day since I handed my application into the London Embassy...huge relief now the wait is over. All the best to those still waiting!

Guest brad261072

Hi Everyone,

We are just about to submit our subclass 309/100 (frontload with PC & Meds). I think we have enough supporting documentation (4 years joint mortgage, 2.5 year old daughter etc) so fingers crossed it will be a straight forward process. I’m not sure if this is the correct place for my question as I am new to the forum but could anyone tell me if my partner can travel to Australia on an Australian Tourist Visa – Long Stay? I defiantly don’t want to compromise our application but if we can’t then it will mean separation from my family for the duration PMV process. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Brad, Kerry & Ellie

• 2 weeks later...