SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thanks Snifter,

On hindsight, I agree. We have been blindsided by the processing time. We were granted the 100visa (paper application) 8 years ago 3wks (processing time was said to be 6mths) after submitting and didn't go because we couldn't sell the house in time to validate, it was less than £2000. P1 of this thread talks about processing taking 12 wks (back in2009). Selling has also taken a long time this time and then to find out the cost has trebled (we have more kids this time) & that its potentially another 10-14 mths... The process has obviously become more complicated and protracted over time. Luck favours the prepared, I should've done more homework. This however may work in our favour!

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/migration-issues/47052-fall-immigration-australia.html

\The cost and processing time have both gone up astronomically in recent years. Back in the old days a Spouse Visa could be done in a day!

Its a shame you didn't use the last visa - you didn't have to sell the house, you could just have validated with a holiday and then moved later.

Better luck this time I hope!

On hindsight, I agree. We have been blindsided by the processing time. We were granted the 100visa (paper application) 8 years ago 3wks (processing time was said to be 6mths) after submitting and didn't go because we couldn't sell the house in time to validate, it was less than £2000.

Did you activate the 100 visa and if so, have you tried applying for a Resident Return Visa?

Did you activate the 100 visa and if so, have you tried applying for a Resident Return Visa?

They said they didn't sell their house in time to validate so guessing not.

Thanks Snifter,

On hindsight, I agree. We have been blindsided by the processing time. We were granted the 100visa (paper application) 8 years ago 3wks (processing time was said to be 6mths) after submitting and didn't go because we couldn't sell the house in time to validate, it was less than £2000. P1 of this thread talks about processing taking 12 wks (back in2009). Selling has also taken a long time this time and then to find out the cost has trebled (we have more kids this time) & that its potentially another 10-14 mths... The process has obviously become more complicated and protracted over time. Luck favours the prepared, I should've done more homework. This however may work in our favour!

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/migration-issues/47052-fall-immigration-australia.html

The wait time is listed on the Gov and Aus High Commision London website. It is running at around 10 months so given you are not long after lodging you are on course for around the middle of next year. I'd plan for then, kids can finish the school year in the UK and then you could make the move in the summer holiday to tie in with the last couple of terms in Aus (although give your kids a holiday as its a long wait till the 6 week summer hols at Christmas). I think it could all tie in well for you.

And I don't follow, are the kids on the application? If they are eligible for Aus citizenship by descent and therefore Aus passports, they really didn't need to be.

Either way, having lodged now, timing wise and given the job situation in SA (you linked to our sister site so wondering if that is where you are heading) I'd not be too hopeful of a 457 and it won't save you that much time most likely. A few months all up. I'd personally not bother, have the time and plan for next year.

A quickie, I am sure this has been broached, there is no way to swap to a 'onshore application' once the process has commenced - even though they seem interchangeable? thanks in advance

Nope, only lodging a new one on shore. IIRC you would have to withdraw the off shore one.

Thanks all for your thoughts. The kids are on the 309 application, I have PR. This thread has come into its own as your options aren't given to you on a plate. I took it for granted that 309 would be straight forward and less hassle due to our experience last time. Interesting that there is other visa's that people can access to achieve the same (sort of). At least we are in the queue now & it costs a lot of money to be in the queue. If I had found this thread 3 wks ago, we would be going through an 'onshore' application. & yes we are heading for SA, can't afford Sydney! - that's equivalent to moving to London, crazy prices.

@snowy5100 - you are right behind me!! Enjoy (?) the last few days of delirium!!

It feels great now! Although I don't know what to do next.......start making lists I guess....... Another win in the rugby will just be the icing on the cake!

And big thanks to @snifter for helping to keep me sane!

Edited by Wan2go
Adendum

Hello all :-)

I just wanted to update everyone with my partner's visa. We are in Bali at the moment as had to leave Australia for a few days for it to be granted. We are pleased as he got the 100 (permanent visa) :smile: Therefore, his official grant date is the 26/10/2015 (just under 9 months since we applied on the 29/01/2015).

This forum has been a great help so thank you to everyone who has provided us with information over the past 9 months! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their visa's to be granted, the wait is well worth it!

Hi Guys,

Have been having a good read on here for a while now, but thought I would finally come out of the woodwork.

We applied for my 309/100 on 21/04/2015 on line through the London office. Wasn't aware at the when we submitted of the increased wait time, so medicals were done on 25/04/2015, a tad too early but never mind!

Received and e mail from my caseworker on 3/6/2015 advising when to do my police checks and to upload passport photos of myself and my husband.

Have sent off for my police checks today (26/10/15) and we are now just over 6 months waiting.

On the e mail from my caseworker it says a current wait time of 10-14 months, but hopefully we have nearly broken the back of this now.

We are a straight forward case, the visa is just for me, no children involved we are married and have been together for 8 years, so fingers crossed it will be a smooth process.... smoother than trying to get Hubbies UK visas anyway hopefully (geez I never want to have to do another one of them).

As winter gets darker and colder, its only going to increase the agony of waiting... argh!!

Good luck to everyone currently waiting, and congratulations on people whose wait is over.

WHOOP! Visa Granted 9 am.......stopped shaking now and have had the fab phone call to my beloved - tears all round!

10 months and 4 days. The glitch on Friday must have just been a confused CO, bless.....

Brilliant news Wan2go, every time I read someone's got their visa grant my tum goes over with excitement lol so so pleased for u :)

Hi Guys,

Have been having a good read on here for a while now, but thought I would finally come out of the woodwork.

We applied for my 309/100 on 21/04/2015 on line through the London office. Wasn't aware at the when we submitted of the increased wait time, so medicals were done on 25/04/2015, a tad too early but never mind!

Received and e mail from my caseworker on 3/6/2015 advising when to do my police checks and to upload passport photos of myself and my husband.

Have sent off for my police checks today (26/10/15) and we are now just over 6 months waiting.

On the e mail from my caseworker it says a current wait time of 10-14 months, but hopefully we have nearly broken the back of this now.

We are a straight forward case, the visa is just for me, no children involved we are married and have been together for 8 years, so fingers crossed it will be a smooth process.... smoother than trying to get Hubbies UK visas anyway hopefully (geez I never want to have to do another one of them).

As winter gets darker and colder, its only going to increase the agony of waiting... argh!!

Good luck to everyone currently waiting, and congratulations on people whose wait is over.

welcome, it's brilliant on here. Everyone's so friendly & no question is a silly one :)

Congrats Wan2go!! Hope yours come.soon too Snowy! The wait is killing me and we still have a few more months to go (although we're booked to head back at the end of November where the hubby can wait out the rest of the time in warmer climates!)

I was wondering what people are doing for travel insurance on the one way flight to oz? Most companies seem to do return trips! Any thoughts/recommendations/suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks all! After the hiccough with medical issues I was quite concerned, I must say. So I should be a good example to others who may read my posts, and are having doubts. Also glad to say that age is not a factor either - I'm 53 and OH is just a teensy bit over 60 (or so he will have you believe!!), so we are now looking forward to a somewhat disgraceful, but hilarious old age together - just what we had always dreamed of.

Best of luck to everybody else sitting patiently in the queue - it will come!! And wishing fabulous lives to all those on their way already.

Now, where did I put that copy of 'Weddings for the Grey & Potty'??

Thanks all! After the hiccough with medical issues I was quite concerned, I must say. So I should be a good example to others who may read my posts, and are having doubts. Also glad to say that age is not a factor either - I'm 53 and OH is just a teensy bit over 60 (or so he will have you believe!!), so we are now looking forward to a somewhat disgraceful, but hilarious old age together - just what we had always dreamed of.

Best of luck to everybody else sitting patiently in the queue - it will come!! And wishing fabulous lives to all those on their way already.

Now, where did I put that copy of 'Weddings for the Grey & Potty'??

Love your way of thinking, exciting times ahead..... Good luck with everything & wedding :wink:

Hi Everyone,

I did my medicals and police checks at the same time as submitting my 309 application. Does anyone know if that is likely to cause a problem? Should I email them and check?

Thanks.

Don't email them, there really is nothing to be done now you've done and submitted them.

Generally, it states you should not do your medical until asked by your CO. This is usually around the 3 month mark after lodging and they ask you to do them around the 6 month mark. This is because they are only valid for one year and so if your visa grant runs long or even if its granted around the 10 month mark, you leave yourself little time to validate the visa as the countdown clock for validation starts from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is first.

CO do have discretion to extend these but honestly, if people do them around the 6 month mark there is no need, you usually have a good 6 months if not more to then validate. There is also that they may ask you to re take them if they expire.

Anyone else reading this.... :) Doing the medical or police check so early on does not impact the processing times so people really are better off waiting till asked by CO (however, if you need say a US police clearance and this takes say 3 months to come through, it is probably advisable to apply for this sooner rather than later. If its a UK police check they are generally back within a couple of weeks so could be applied for around the 6 month mark when booking your medical.

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_health.html

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_character.html

And this link http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_partner.html Always a worthwhile read for people getting ready to apply for a partner visa or PMV.

Edited by Guest
edited

Hi Everyone,

I did my medicals and police checks at the same time as submitting my 309 application. Does anyone know if that is likely to cause a problem? Should I email them and check?

Thanks.

Hi Markp,

I did the same. It's only a problem as your first entry date will be 12 months from your medical or police check. So if it's granted within a year and you enter the country before the 12 months you'll be ok.

Congratulations to all of you who got grants in the last couple of weeks! Must be a huge relief!

I noticed on another forum that someone who submitted their application (straight forward case) 10 Feb got their grant last Friday, we have submitted about 8 days later.... I am really getting hopeful now!

I keep checking my emails like every hour like a crazy person... (I bet with my luck I get it on the 10 month mark exactly...) :nah:

Good luck to all waiting!!