SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Come on DP... Give us a break.

I'm going crazy, I know I haven't reached the 10 month marker quite just yet but I've been a really good girl this year and it's my other half's birthday today. We could open the champers and celebrate all in one!

Pfft... anyone else checking their emails about a hundred times a day?! Lol

Edited by Jaclyn Hayes
Spelling error

I'm going crazy, I know I haven't reached the 10 month marker quite just yet but I've been a really good girl this year and it's my other half's birthday today. We could open the champers and celebrate all in one!

its almost worse than having your teeth pulled out... I feel your pain already but still got a couple of months to go as applied in November....

Hopefully you will hear something soon x

I'll second that Jaclyn Hayes . Feel we are so near but is still killing us.

Start checking email as soon as open my eyes and don't stop all day

Hi

this is my first post on here x I was ready to begin the application process for my husbands visa today only to find out the price has drastically increased and I will have to wait another 2 months to be able to afford it! Has anyone else had pricing issues?

We are not massively reliant on time as I am currently mid way through my nursing degree so we cannot move to Oz until February/March 2017. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated. Our current set up is myself (PR - current RRV as not lived in oz for 11 years), my husband (requires 309/100), 2 teenage sons (born in oz, have Aussie father), daughter born in England (requires visa, attaching it to husbands). Price estimate today is roughly $8,500 (ouch!). Will pay in dollars as I have money in NAB account so can pay that way.

just want to begin the process! The wait is killing me!! Just want to know its sent and the process has begun!

good luck to everyone already waiting xxx

Hi

this is my first post on here x I was ready to begin the application process for my husbands visa today only to find out the price has drastically increased and I will have to wait another 2 months to be able to afford it! Has anyone else had pricing issues?

We are not massively reliant on time as I am currently mid way through my nursing degree so we cannot move to Oz until February/March 2017. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated. Our current set up is myself (PR - current RRV as not lived in oz for 11 years), my husband (requires 309/100), 2 teenage sons (born in oz, have Aussie father), daughter born in England (requires visa, attaching it to husbands). Price estimate today is roughly $8,500 (ouch!). Will pay in dollars as I have money in NAB account so can pay that way.

just want to begin the process! The wait is killing me!! Just want to know its sent and the process has begun!

good luck to everyone already waiting xxx

oh you poor thing, its a massive increase isnt it!!!!

The Aus immigration website has changed and I do not appreciate it one bit!! Just to be clear, when I am granted the Subclass 300 and once we get married, do I apply straight away for the partner visa? It's so confusing (and expensive).

The Aus immigration website has changed and I do not appreciate it one bit!! Just to be clear, when I am granted the Subclass 300 and once we get married, do I apply straight away for the partner visa? It's so confusing (and expensive).

When are you getting married? I thought this visa bought you time to get married and then once you are married you can applied for the partener visa?!

I was ready to begin the application process for my husbands visa today only to find out the price has drastically increased and I will have to wait another 2 months to be able to afford it!

Please be aware that, expensive as the visas may be, it is a relatively small part of the total cost of emigration. If you are struggling to raise the cost of visas, you may be in real difficulty when it comes to travel, relocation and setting up a new home. Worth thinking about, at least.

Please be aware that, expensive as the visas may be, it is a relatively small part of the total cost of emigration. If you are struggling to raise the cost of visas, you may be in real difficulty when it comes to travel, relocation and setting up a new home. Worth thinking about, at least.

It's not so much that we are struggling it's just I am currently a full time nursing student. Most of our money is tied up in property and other areas. I do not want to rely on credit cards etc... To pay for Visas so as we are not in a huge rush I will wait the extra 2 months to have the money. I am fully aware of the moving costs as I have previously relocated to QLD then back to the UK. My comment wasn't so much about the cost but more the large increase in just a matter of weeks!

Ouch Emma ,that is a big chunk of money, we managed to get in before increase of visas, I suppose you have waited this long a few months won't hurt :wink:, iam only a few weeks into visas and want to be there already, but waiting for the big picture will be rewarding won't it

You can certianly apply straight away.

Once the PMV is granted you have 9 months and in that time you need to a) enter Australia b) get married and c) apply for the Spouse Visa

The offshore fee went up to match the onshore one. Been mentioned in this thread several times!

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

That is a brilliant link, thanks @Nemesis - it's the first time I have seen a fee for the partner visa those of us have to apply for after getting (fingers crossed) the 300! Let's hope it stays at $1145, a not unreasonable sum for a change!!

Another question for those in the know.

I am currently in Aus on a tourist visa. When they give me notice to leave and re-enter to activate the subclass 300, I understand I have to leave for 3 business days. I already have a trip booked but it will be Thurs night to Tues night. Is this enough for the 3 work days?

That is a brilliant link, thanks @Nemesis - it's the first time I have seen a fee for the partner visa those of us have to apply for after getting (fingers crossed) the 300! Let's hope it stays at $1145, a not unreasonable sum for a change!!

i have to say, having already paid a huge sum of money for the original 300, a further $1145 does indeed feel unreasonable for me!

i have to say, having already paid a huge sum of money for the original 300, a further $1145 does indeed feel unreasonable for me!

I agree, the fact they take 9 - 12 months to process the application is unreasonable considering how expensive it is.

Still more money I know, but I had no idea how much more it was going to be, just glad it's not thousands and thousands! Have to hope they don't put it up again between now and our weddings, hey?

Well thanks to advice from Yorkshire123 we've booked our flights to Oz!

Flying at the start of November stopping for a week in Bali!

Now if only I had a visa.....

congratulations!!

I have the app as well and it has a count down clock on it till you fly,

155 days remaining. It's sort of like an form of torture that I can't stop checking.

also where are you staying in Bali? And did it work out to a similar price altogether?

for me & my partner it was £1400 for the flights to Bali and a weeks villa stay

whilst there with onward flights to Sydney.

We haven't booked anywhere in Bali itself yet but we've paid just under £1200 for the flights so I reckon we'll be in the same ballpark as you once we book accommodation.

I'm fairly confident I'll have my visa by November so super excited now.

Thanks again for the advice. I'd have never realised you could do it so cheap if you hadn't have mentioned it in you posts!

Well thanks to advice from Yorkshire123 we've booked our flights to Oz!

Flying at the start of November stopping for a week in Bali!

Now if only I had a visa.....

I know that feeling, looks like you applied the same day as me! I'm really hoping mine comes dead on 10 months, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. What date are you arriving in Aus?

We haven't booked anywhere in Bali itself yet but we've paid just under £1200 for the flights so I reckon we'll be in the same ballpark as you once we book accommodation.

I'm fairly confident I'll have my visa by November so super excited now.

Thanks again for the advice. I'd have never realised you could do it so cheap if you hadn't have mentioned it in you posts!

Who did you book with for the trip via Bali? x

I know that feeling, looks like you applied the same day as me! I'm really hoping mine comes dead on 10 months, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. What date are you arriving in Aus?

We arrive on the 12th November.... That'll be over 12 months by then so it should be fine....