SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi are there any more recent stats for 2013-2014?

I think the spread sheet has fallen by the wayside rather and isn't really being used by many any more. At least not that I noticed last time I looked at it.

Finally heard back from my CO today about the planned trip to Melbourne in Dec for a wedding (smack-bang in the middle of month 8 and 9). She confirmed they would check if I was in Oz and let me know if I needed to get out of the country for the grant to happen and then said "In essence, there is nothing you need to do."

I'll just continue to sit and wait. My medical is in 2 weeks.

8 months and 24 days!!! Just got the email that they are ready to grant my visa!! Happy days. I am in Australia so i need to go offshore to have it granted! If this helps anyone(!) I put in my visa application on nov 18th 2013, I left the UK 16th jan on a 12 month visitor visa needed to leave every 6months! In July I requested an extention until December so I did not have to leave every 3 months, which was granted. It's a pain in the bum that I can't work and annoying that I needed to leave every 3 months but I made it work. So happy that it's finally come through. Good luck everybody, it's been quiet on the visa grant front lately...so I hope this spurs people on a bit...you will get it ...soon. Keep being patient, it will pay off x

8 months and 24 days!!! Just got the email that they are ready to grant my visa!! Happy days. I am in Australia so i need to go offshore to have it granted! If this helps anyone(!) I put in my visa application on nov 18th 2013, I left the UK 16th jan on a 12 month visitor visa needed to leave every 6months! In July I requested an extention until December so I did not have to leave every 3 months, which was granted. It's a pain in the bum that I can't work and annoying that I needed to leave every 3 months but I made it work. So happy that it's finally come through. Good luck everybody, it's been quiet on the visa grant front lately...so I hope this spurs people on a bit...you will get it ...soon. Keep being patient, it will pay off x

Congratulations...very happy for you and the fact you can have a "normal" stay in Australia now :) enjoy and hopefully you are right and this starts off a new slew of grant emails :)

has anyone applied for a partner visa in the past week or 2? has the processing time changed for new applicants?

also would you still need to travel to australia to validate the visa 1year after medicals also?

Current wait times went up to 10-14 months. I'd think it's possible your application will fall within this. Hopefully your CO will give you a timeframe when they get in touch.

And yes, there would still be a timeframe within which to validate. Your CO will instruct when to take medical and provide police check to tie in with this.

has anyone applied for a partner visa in the past week or 2? has the processing time changed for new applicants?

also would you still need to travel to australia to validate the visa 1year after medicals also?

I applied a couple of weeks ago and got a letter a few days later assigning CO and saying 10-14 months wait. They told me not to get medical or police checks until after January 28th to ensure plenty of time to enter Australia after they grant the visa.

Hooray! That's wonderful news glowie and hopefully means that amdaloia and the rest of us at the 8-9 month mark aren't too far behind you.

Wow congrats to you !! How ling have they given you to b offshore to validate visa? We will be doing same as you and coming over earlier too.

Wow congrats to you !! How ling have they given you to b offshore to validate visa? We will be doing same as you and coming over earlier too.

I have 28 days to reply to email to let them know what I am thinking of doing, and I have until March 6th to go to australia which is based on the expiry of my medical and character checks. Fingers crossed for youyou

I have 28 days to reply to email to let them know what I am thinking of doing, and I have until March 6th to go to australia which is based on the expiry of my medical and character checks. Fingers crossed for youyou

Thanks! Good luck with start of new exciting phase in your life!

Hello People.

I've been doing some internet searching and reading rival forums, and word on the net is that the new processing times only apply to new applicants. Those of us who have been quoted 8-9 months, they will still aim to get processing done in that timeframe.

However, if anyone is able to further verify that with their CO, please let us know if its true (I wasn't going to bother our CO until I have reasonable cause to, which will be when we move at the end of the month).

Cool - thanks. Missed that post.

Puts my mind at ease - really want to be in oz shortly after the new year!

It was me my c/o confirmed it. Thank goodness was worried I was going to have to wait even longer. We applied around the same time I was hoping for a grant before Xmas but that seems unlikely now lol

8 months and 25 days later we FINALLY got the blessed email from our CO granting my partner his visa (PR) :cute:

To say we are over the moon is an understatement. :jiggy:

It has been a LOOOOOOOONG almost 9 months and the last few weeks have been rough, but getting to vent on here has been helpful and so has all the advice received. Cheers to everyone who helped me through.

Now the heavy planning and action really begins (and hopefully my partner's potential job opportunity is still available).

Good luck to everyone waiting, I will keep my fingers crossed that those of you close to or just over the 8 month mark will start to hear and the approvals the last couple of days means the ball is rolling again.

(And the little bit of irony in all of this is today, one year ago, our two kids were granted Australian Citizenship by Descent! 12 August is a good day for our little family!)

Edited by amdaloia

8 months and 25 days later we FINALLY got the blessed email from our CO granting my partner his visa (PR) :cute:

To say we are over the moon is an understatement. :jiggy:

It has been a LOOOOOOOONG almost 9 months and the last few weeks have been rough, but getting to vent on here has been helpful and so has all the advice received. Cheers to everyone who helped me through.

Now the heavy planning and action really begins (and hopefully my partner's potential job opportunity is still available).

Good luck to everyone waiting, I will keep my fingers crossed that those of you close to or just over the 8 month mark will start to hear and the approvals the last couple of days means the ball is rolling again.

(And the little bit of irony in all of this is today, one year ago, our two kids were granted Australian Citizenship by Descent! 12 August is a good day for our little family!)

WOOHOOOOOOOoooooooo

Hi all.

My husband applied for his partner visa on 10th Feb with police check and medical completed on 18th March. We have had one email in February confirming CO and asking for additional info. This was provided withb24 hours. We have heard nothing since and the online system shows approved next to sponsor being myself. Does this usually happen?

People with approvals are saying they received visa notification by email what happens next is some sort of visa sent if so how long does it take.

Should we have heard from our Co again. Some people have said they where advised they where in final queue does this always happen?

Thanks in advance for any info

We have heard nothing since and the online system shows approved next to sponsor being myself. Does this usually happen?

Hi Coxy,

My application went in 6 weeks ago. My CO was assigned a couple of weeks ago. My ImmiAccount shows "Applicant - Processing" & "Sponsor - Approved"

So I think this is usual (based only on my application!) and don't think this holds any significance in terms of timeline.

Based on all the posts I have seen you shouldn't expect anything until the grant email (expect November) unless you have said you are onshore when they will email to arrange for you to go offshore for the grant.

People with approvals are saying they received visa notification by email what happens next is some sort of visa sent if so how long does it take.

Should we have heard from our Co again. Some people have said they where advised they where in final queue does this always happen?

Thanks in advance for any info

Don't expect to hear anything from your CO now till visa grant is normal. They have everything they need from you, your application is sat in a pile :)

You'll get your visa grant via email.