SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hmm, it was the last time I looked over it. I know sometimes people add themselves in and accidentally stuff it up a bit and things get lost, but usually someone who is currently on it fixes it up.

I'll see if I have a link to it in my bookmarks and compare.

Thanks Snifter.

Is it possible to out a custom filter on so people can select particular months/year?

It's not my baby so I don't know. I should be possible, is what I mean, but it's not anything I oversee or use so would not like to say go ahead and do it iykwim ;) I didn't put my stats on it last year when I was waiting for my partner visa but recall it got stuffed up a fair few times and was fixed each time.

It's not my baby so I don't know. I should be possible, is what I mean, but it's not anything I oversee or use so would not like to say go ahead and do it iykwim ;) I didn't put my stats on it last year when I was waiting for my partner visa but recall it got stuffed up a fair few times and was fixed each time.

Ok, thanks. Might work if I opened on a notebook rather than ipad. From what I can see stats aren't updated however. Will give it a shot.

Hi everyone, seeing as I check this every day I thought I might as well introduce myself. How do I add my application history to the bottom of my posts?

Thanks,

Des

Hello :)

To add a sig you go into your account settings and update there. Pretty straightforward once you find it. That is best done from a browser.

Hi, we've applied for my husbands visa 309/100 a few weeks after you. Sent the application on the 26th January, they took the money on the 30th. We've not been assigned a case officer yet. I was just wondering, has your case officer given you a time frame for going for your medical yet? I've seen from some posts they're advising not to go for 3 or 4 months after lodging. Itching for the next step (and a trip into civilization), we live in the back of beyond in Cumbria! Cheers

Sorry, this was directed to TheEscapePlan.... I'm new to this!

We had our first contact from our CO last week (submitted 5 Dec) and they quoted the waiting time for London submissions 'at least (in italics) eight to nine months'.

I assume this means it could be longer. The wait seems to grow regularly.

One thing I don't understand is that married partner visas aren't supposed to be capped, and yet I hear lots of talk about COs 'waiting to grant'? Anyone know what that's about?

Hi, we've applied for my husbands visa 309/100 a few weeks after you. Sent the application on the 26th January, they took the money on the 30th. We've not been assigned a case officer yet. I was just wondering, has your case officer given you a time frame for going for your medical yet? I've seen from some posts they're advising not to go for 3 or 4 months after lodging. Itching for the next step (and a trip into civilization), we live in the back of beyond in Cumbria! Cheers

Sorry, this was directed to TheEscapePlan.... I'm new to this!

On ours it said something along the lines of - "do not go for you medical / police checks before *certain date*" - I think they recommend a month after your application is accepted. Something along those lines.

Police check and medical are usually done about 3 months after lodging. The reason CO will give a date is that the countdown clock on the visa starts from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is first. So can cut down the amount of time you have to first enter Aus.

Doing it sooner won't speed things up so best to wait till CO requests :)

Police check and medical are usually done about 3 months after lodging. The reason CO will give a date is that the countdown clock on the visa starts from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is first. So can cut down the amount of time you have to first enter Aus.

Doing it sooner won't speed things up so best to wait till CO requests :)

Thanks snifter, the 9 month time frame suits us fine, even if it takes a bit longer doesn't matter, but certainly hoping to be gone before the end of 2014, so going for the medical sooner wouldn't really cause a problem for us. Didn't know if it was more advice or a rule. If we'll get a proverbial slap on the wrist if we go sooner though then we'll just wait.

Newish poster but long-time lurker........

Husband applied in London, lodgement date 6/6/13, temp spouse visa granted today 7/2/14 just after he told his CO he was applying for an evisitor to come out and see me in Oz

CO was SV.

Good luck to everyone else waiting :)

Edited by Nemesis

I decided to nudge my CO so I am hoping I might have some news soon!!! Or get put to the bottom of the pile, who knows!

It sort of paid off, CO said visa was due to be granted and to email again if grant email not received early next week! Just puts my mind at rest!!

Guest Sdavis654
Newish poster but long-time lurker........

Husband applied in London, lodgement date 6/6/13, temp spouse visa granted today 7/2/14 just after he told his CO he was applying for an evisitor to come out and see me in Oz

CO was SV.

Good luck to everyone else waiting :)

Thats excellent news!!! I'm just hoping that ours will be next week....we applied on the 13the June

I GOT MY GRANT..................i asked my case office several times before entering aussie if it would be here in time and i was told it wouldnt, then within hours of arriving on shore i was told it was ready for granting when i left the country for 3 days. its like they were waiting for me to get onshore, or just a coincidence, who knows but ive got it and thats all that matters. off to nz it is sooo..............yey