SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

No, as of mid January I hit the 7 month mark, I fly out to Brisbane on the 5th feb, my case office said she'll know more by the end of the month ( January I hope) so I didn't reply back, don't think they like being bothered. Although a little nudge every few months I'm sure there to expect

Andy

We are off to my hometown Sydney. My husband is the one waiting for a visa. I sort of wish we could go somewhere else as it looks so expensive!! But there is no point in going back for family reasons and then moving to another city.

Hi all,

7th June for me so a week away from my 8 months. Last spoke to my CO on 14th Jan - I requested an update as my GF was in hospital in India (slow route from London to Sydney) and just wanted to go home... Was told I'd know in 'a few weeks' but wasn't ready to grant at that time.

Fingers crossed it's done in the next week or so, Travelling's great but ideally want to be in Oz in next couple of weeks.

- Dave

Hi all,

7th June for me so a week away from my 8 months. Last spoke to my CO on 14th Jan - I requested an update as my GF was in hospital in India (slow route from London to Sydney) and just wanted to go home... Was told I'd know in 'a few weeks' but wasn't ready to grant at that time.

Fingers crossed it's done in the next week or so, Travelling's great but ideally want to be in Oz in next couple of weeks.

- Dave

Hi Dave, good to have some sort of time frame. Sorry to hear your girlfriend hauled up in hospital, bet you're both very eager to get on with the next chapter! Best of luck.

Finally today after 4 months we have been assigned a CO! Another step closer

Also how do you all put your stats at the bottom of your messages? (Yes I'm fairly new to this)

Edited by ukgirl

Finally today after 4 months we have been assigned a CO! Another step closer

Also how do you all put your stats at the bottom of your messages? (Yes I'm fairly new to this)

Crikey, four months! That is a long time!

I think its in your signature under profile settings

Hi Dave, good to have some sort of time frame. Sorry to hear your girlfriend hauled up in hospital, bet you're both very eager to get on with the next chapter! Best of luck.

Thanks, Liz :)

luckily wasnt anything too serious, but enough to wish we were on western soil for the recovery. Alas, that's not to be, just yet and the GF didn't want to return if it meant a tourist visa etc. just means the standard of travel accomodation has improved, significantly, so it's not all bad.

But yes, I want us both to be able to get on with the next chapter, even if that is looking for work etc :)

Hey guys , im in transit in Singapore on my way to Brisbane.

My Co just gave me some bad news, there is nothing she can do at the moment to grant the visa....

She will let me know when its ready to be granted...

Oh no, sorry to hear that! So will you go to Aus on a tourist visa until grant of your Partner visa?

Not what you expected to hear I bet...

Hey guys , im in transit in Singapore on my way to Brisbane.

My Co just gave me some bad news, there is nothing she can do at the moment to grant the visa....

She will let me know when its ready to be granted...

you must be disappointed. On the upside it will happen and you get a mini holiday. Have a safe flight!

Did your CO give you any indication as to when you may get it?

Edited by BizLarker
Additional text

Hi all,

Good to hear so many good stories, but sorry to hear whats happening to you Juliusoz :(. Hopefully you'll hear something very soon.

I am pulling my visa pack together and was wondering, how long to the police checks from Australia last for and how long dose it take to come through.

Any more visa granted out there?

Thanks

Ah thanks

I'll have a go at putting my stats on there.

yeah we applied in Auckland with an estimated 12 month wait but heard a few stories of people waiting a long time for a case officer but getting granted pretty quickly afterwards. Would be nice if we end up being one of those cases because I often wish we'd applied in London instead as it seems quicker

Crikey, four months! That is a long time!

I think its in your signature under profile settings

Hi all,

Good to hear so many good stories, but sorry to hear whats happening to you Juliusoz :(. Hopefully you'll hear something very soon.

I am pulling my visa pack together and was wondering, how long to the police checks from Australia last for and how long dose it take to come through.

Any more visa granted out there?

Thanks

Hi bigboy

Aus police checks have 12 months on them.

I applied for mine online. Took something silly like 4 days to arrive in uk post!

Must stop checking thread, must stop checking thread! Been a while since the last lot of grants posted up on here hasn't it!

Haha I am checking constantly - I am sure my productivity at work has hit rock bottom! With refreshing emails every 2 seconds and checking on here in-between!!! It has certainly been a while since seeing grants on here!

Haha I am checking constantly - I am sure my productivity at work has hit rock bottom! With refreshing emails every 2 seconds and checking on here in-between!!! It has certainly been a while since seeing grants on here!

Yeah I'm quite surprised. There were a number on here from mid/end May a few weeks ago and now nothing. For the sake of my kids I need to get off the forum and email and get on with enjoying my time with them!