SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest wardie77
Yay Congrats Anika!

So whose up next and more importantly who is buying the beers, DaveS or me? :laugh:

My bet is you. I think Dave has pushed his CO over the edge... :-)

Guest wardie77
Just logged on to my e-mail to see that MC has granted my visa! Best day ever!!!!

Congrats!!! Fantastic news! Can't wait for my day in the spotlight!

Guest wardie77
Hey Wardie - hows the move going? have you thought about that tourist visa yet?

Already got the tourist visa sorted just in case.

Shipping is en-route and currently in the Med somewhere... got a transfer with work etc so now just waiting for the visa. Looking forward to a month off work and enjoying the Sydney start of spring.

Already got the tourist visa sorted just in case.

Shipping is en-route and currently in the Med somewhere... got a transfer with work etc so now just waiting for the visa. Looking forward to a month off work and enjoying the Sydney start of spring.

Nice job. Everyone is so organised.......

Guest wardie77
Hey Wardie - hows the move going? have you thought about that tourist visa yet?

Have you put a call into AB as yet? or are you playing the waiting game?

I am going to call him on Friday for a nudge... it's been over a month since the last communication so figure he is due a chat. :-)

Have you put a call into AB as yet? or are you playing the waiting game?

I am going to call him on Friday for a nudge... it's been over a month since the last communication so figure he is due a chat. :-)

Nah - I haven't called. Hes very good on email.

He replied yesterday insisting that its still 5-6 months. I suspect Lindor/Anika today and me and lhigman next week but fingers crossed its sooner. I have to find/replace my passport as well which is more dead time........

I think it'll all workout.

Guest wardie77
Nah - I haven't called. Hes very good on email.

He replied yesterday insisting that its still 5-6 months. I suspect Lindor/Anika today and me and lhigman next week but fingers crossed its sooner. I have to find/replace my passport as well which is more dead time........

I think it'll all workout.

I recon you'll get granted on Friday...

Guest guest72634
Thanks for that George, I can't stop worrying about how to get our stuff there and us lol relief to know it'll be ok to ship our things. As for flights I guess we shall have to cope with the limited bag allowance. Sucks as we have an 8 month old baby boy whom has soooo much stuff, most of which we would like to have as soon as we get to Oz, i'm thinking we may have to spend the extra and fly emirates.

Anyone have experience of flying with awkwardly aged children? lol.

Qantas allow you to buy an extra 2 pieces of luggage allowance and British airways it says 10 extra pieces. Check out their websites

Edited by guest72634

Congrats Anika.

My visa isn't due to be granted until the end of October, but I emailed LG today and asked if i could go ahead and book a flight for 12 November. She said yes, just to mail her when i've booked and she will make sure it's granted by then. Yippee :biggrin:

Hi Everyone! Haven't been on here for a while as my laptop has been playing up! Just thought i would add an update to say that ......

MY VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!!!

I got my approval email on Wednesday 15th from AB which was totally unexpected as my CO LG was on holiday.

So it was approved in good time for our flights which I booked after talking to LG.

My husband to be is on his way from melbourne (as I type) to come and pick up myself and my boys and we all fly back together this Friday night!!! We haven't seen each other for 7 months!!!

Good luck to all visa applicants still waiting or going through the form filling process! It's a long, hard slog....but you'll get there in the end!

Now where is that spreadsheet so i can add my stats??!!!

:biggrin:

Congrats Anika.

My visa isn't due to be granted until the end of October, but I emailed LG today and asked if i could go ahead and book a flight for 12 November. She said yes, just to mail her when i've booked and she will make sure it's granted by then. Yippee :biggrin:

I loved reading this. I also have LG and submitted my application for a 309 on the 25th May so hopefully I can do this too :)

Hi Everyone! Haven't been on here for a while as my laptop has been playing up! Just thought i would add an update to say that ......

I got my approval email on Wednesday 15th from AB which was totally unexpected as my CO LG was on holiday.

So it was approved in good time for our flights which I booked after talking to LG.

My husband to be is on his way from melbourne (as I type) to come and pick up myself and my boys and we all fly back together this Friday night!!! We haven't seen each other for 7 months!!!

Good luck to all visa applicants still waiting or going through the form filling process! It's a long, hard slog....but you'll get there in the end!

CONGRATS!!

The spreadsheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

Guest GeorgeD
Ooooh interesting - I lodged on 9th May had me and my kids medicals on 24th May and received an email from SV on 1st June saying no further information required and that our visas are due for granting mid October

Our house is completing 1st October and I have handed my notice in (scary) so I will email her a couple of weeks before and try and get a better idea of a date so we can get the flight booked

Nervous but very excited

She was my CO. If she says it'll be mid October then that's when it'll be. I had to call her when she said mine was due...I had been in Oz and told her by email that I had left and was back in the UK. When I spoke to her she said my visa was ready for grant and she was just waiting on me leaving Oz....erm, but I had left a month earlier and emailed her twice to confirm!

If anyone's CO says they have met all conditions and gives them an estimate of the time, I would call them (not email, they'll ignore it) and ask for exactly when it will be granted.

Edited by GeorgeD

Guest wardie77

Congrats!!! great news and good luck with the move!

Congrats Anika and eggwise! you must be so excited after not seeing each other for so long. I'm happy for you both :D

Congrats Anika.

I emailed AB about 3 weeks ago to ask when my visa would likely be approved and he just told me the generic 5-6 months. How did you figure out it was 'due' to be granted at the end of October, did you just work out that was 5 months after your application or did your CO give you a ballpark estimation? Since I'm just wondering when to phone my CO to ask about booking flights early, as my own 5 month mark will be mid November and I see you applied only a couple of weeks before I did - so do you think that means I'd get a date from them if I asked myself in a couple of weeks time (ie at the same stage in the process you asked and got a reply?)

I'm just not sure what to expect of them and don't want to get my hopes up although your news is really great I'm hoping my case won't for some reason be different :( I really want to book my flights to get over there almost immediately after mine has been approved, if possible so I can only do that if I know my date in advance.

Apologies if that sounded way more complicated than I intended!

Very eager here!

Edited by LauraF

Guest wardie77
Hey Dave S and Wardie77,

Good luck, can't be much longer till AB grants you both?! Have you passed the 5 month mark now?

Hi Anna!

I am really hoping it will be granted next week. I fly on Thursday and AB is fully aware of this so I am confident he will take a reasonable approach and make my day next week.

Congrats Anika and eggwise! you must be so excited after not seeing each other for so long. I'm happy for you both :D

I emailed AB about 3 weeks ago to ask when my visa would likely be approved and he just told me the generic 5-6 months. How did you figure out it was 'due' to be granted at the end of October, did you just work out that was 5 months after your application or did your CO give you a ballpark estimation? Since I'm just wondering when to phone my CO to ask about booking flights early, as my own 5 month mark will be mid November and I see you applied only a couple of weeks before I did - so do you think that means I'd get a date from them if I asked myself in a couple of weeks time (ie at the same stage in the process you asked and got a reply?)

I'm just not sure what to expect of them and don't want to get my hopes up although your news is really great I'm hoping my case won't for some reason be different :( I really want to book my flights to get over there almost immediately after mine has been approved, if possible so I can only do that if I know my date in advance.

Apologies if that sounded way more complicated than I intended!

Very eager here!

on the back of the last few days excitement with a few people being granted visas i bit the bullet and emailed my case officer, she told me that she couldnt give a specific date but applications were taking nearer the 6 month end of the 5-6 month period. So i still have at least 3.5 months to wait on that basis... it will happen eventually!

Oh dear, so much conflicting news! According to the spreadsheet, SusieB only applied 2 weeks before we did and has already been given a date which makes her approval bang on the 5 month mark. Well, even if it's now 6 months, that makes our wait 3.5 months longer at the most.

Edited by LauraF

I'm sure he will Wardie77! I think the most nerve raking thing about moving so far has been getting the visa granted. Despite having less than 2 weeks to go, still at work and loads of stuff still to do, I'm more relaxed now than when I was waiting on my visa.