I HATE Australia! Wish we could turn back the clocks!

Guest itskaren

We have been here a year in December and detest this country. Sorry if I upset anyone but it is a backward country in camparison to the UK. The banking, nursing for sure, supermarkets, I could go on for ever.

The UK is not really that bad! Just make sure anyone who is in the process of coming over that it really is not the land of milk and honey!

Good luck is all I say!

good luck anyway Karen

iv'e put this post on now so as to not forget the original thread !!!!!!!!

another one thats turned into the earlsy show....!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Earlswood

I don`t know which` UK` you know. I don`t know when you last lived here or the kind of standard of life you had. Judging by the photo you posted of where you`d like to live in the UK you`d need a fair amount of cash to live there (by the way the locals are being priced out of those kinds of areas anyway). Yes I am stressed here. As I said it is over-populated, over-crowded and aggressive. Oz doesn`t seem to be any of those things to me.

Youll find oz abit overcrowded tae Wa big place everybody in one place maybe somewhere inland Kalgoorlie , Newman ,Tom Price prob suit you . Oz is massive with the poulation nearly all in pockets near the coast

Maly

your still having a laugh earlsy !!!!!!! ha ha ha ( your so funny )

these figures that you got are way off mate......... there's more than that ( of each ) in birmingham.......:yes:

Wait till you get here mate apart from bein a "grunt " oz term ther are more ethnics than in the uk , just visit the diac office or Perth and if Rudd gets his way the chinese invasion, they want more chinese grunts than western couod be the fact he is suckin up to them to keep placing there orders

mally

Wait till you get here mate apart from bein a "grunt " oz term ther are more ethnics than in the uk , just visit the diac office or Perth and if Rudd gets his way the chinese invasion, they want more chinese grunts than western couod be the fact he is suckin up to them to keep placing there orders

mally

wait till i get there !!!!!!!!! has it changed that much then in the last 12 months i must have been dreaming then because thats different to what i saw :daydreaming:

Youll find oz abit overcrowded tae Wa big place everybody in one place maybe somewhere inland Kalgoorlie , Newman ,Tom Price prob suit you . Oz is massive with the poulation nearly all in pockets near the coast

Maly

Here come the stats de de de de de !!!

Oz overcrowded?:biglaugh:

Depends what you`re used to.

Istanbul 11.5 million - 706 sq m

Perth 1.5 million - 2000 sq m

West Midlands 2.6 million - 348 sq m

:eek: btw that`s sqare miles

Here come the stats de de de de de !!!

Oz overcrowded?:biglaugh:

Depends what you`re used to.

Istanbul 11.5 million - 706 sq m

Perth 1.5 million - 2000 sq m

West Midlands 2.6 million - 348 sq m

:eek: btw that`s sqare miles

Do you actually live here?

Yes, Australia is overcrowded basically because even though there is a huge landmass there is the GAFA out there (Great Australian F*** All) which is basically uninhabitable and the liveable bit is very small and stretched along the coast. The masses flock to the big cities which cannot sustain them. We are seriously strapped for water and our current infrastructure is under huge stress - demographers estimate that Australia can only support about 16m people and we are well over that and have a govt which will continue high levels of immigration. Even though immigration is encouraged into rural and remote communities it doesnt take long for people to realize that opportunities lie in the bigger cities and they move on.

wait till i get there !!!!!!!!! has it changed that much then in the last 12 months i must have been dreaming then because thats different to what i saw :daydreaming:

I guess it all depends on where you were 12 months ago. You could be forgiven for thinking that you were in HongKong (substitute any other Asian city) when you walk in the centre of Sydney and I think the original quote - about Rudd welcoming the Asians is spot on the mark. It is historically what Labor do anyway. At the moment he is welcoming Pacific Islander "grunts" who will do the cheap labour stuff that Aussies and other migrants dont want to do. So, yup, perhaps you were dreaming!

Guest TheArmChairDetective
We have been here a year in December and detest this country. Sorry if I upset anyone but it is a backward country in camparison to the UK. The banking, nursing for sure, supermarkets, I could go on for ever.

The UK is not really that bad! Just make sure anyone who is in the process of coming over that it really is not the land of milk and honey!

Good luck is all I say!

The Original question, reposted yet again to remind everyone what this thread is about.

You don't need luck. Just work hard, don't expect things to be handed to you, and if your not happy move somewhere else. I have been here 38 years and back to UK 9 times, I could give as many reasons why I think the UK is backward and many more reasons why I would not live there in a pink fit,

Australia has been more than good to my family and I call myself an Australian, not a British Australian.

So I think it takes a little longer than a year to come to your conclusions! And if you detest it go back!

I have many, many pommie friends, all happy and successful. No way would they go back.

The happiest ones I have met and spoken to are those who come with very little.

At my age I am very thankful I will never see that congested hell hole again.

You don't need luck. Just work hard, don't expect things to be handed to you, and if your not happy move somewhere else. I have been here 38 years and back to UK 9 times, I could give as many reasons why I think the UK is backward and many more reasons why I would not live there in a pink fit,

Australia has been more than good to my family and I call myself an Australian, not a British Australian.

So I think it takes a little longer than a year to come to your conclusions! And if you detest it go back!

I have many, many pommie friends, all happy and successful. No way would they go back.

The happiest ones I have met and spoken to are those who come with very little.

At my age I am very thankful I will never see that congested hell hole again.

In short, you wouldn't turn the clock back then:biggrin:

For the OP, The whole point.

why move then?????? strange..... I guess there are always people that like going to Europe etc that like to take the whole of the UK with them. I say go to Haven and forget about the rest of the world it's just not for you (nothing wrong with that):wacko:

We are i oz on a 457 in the process of upgrading to pr, hope the uk police checks come wingin over here quick cos puttin deposit on a lump of sand. We are enjoyin it luvin in some repects , I don`t call it backwards but esp in the firm I work for the systems have not progressed to the shop floor, wherea in the sales etc it is computerised out on the shopfloor it is rems of paperwork. MY opinion it is the fluidity of the workforce, I think the longest member on the shopfloor is 6 years whereas the place I worked at in the uk put it this way a lot were part of the fix and fittings, whereas training would be given and yiou were expected not to leave, here firms dont expect staff to be long term employees as people are fluid in the system. If peeps emigrate here for a reason to be in Australia and not because of the country where they came from and there perceived problems of it they will get on. There are the same reasons for leaving in oz , grunts (you are one of them) taxes , high prices , crime etc

Mally

Guest Working to fish

. I say go to Haven and forget about the rest of the world it's just not for you (nothing wrong with that):wacko:[/quote

Funny that ,didnt think this site was for you mate.

eddie:confused:

I would in the fact that I should have left a lot earlier, apart from that never!

There is an old biblical saying in that "A dog never returns to his vomit", and neither should a human!

My dog never reads the bible then bugga always boikin then gobblin it up:huh:

Mally

why move then?????? strange..... I guess there are always people that like going to Europe etc that like to take the whole of the UK with them. I say go to Haven and forget about the rest of the world it's just not for you (nothing wrong with that):wacko:

There is absolutely nothing strange about wanting to do something and then having done it having regrets and wishing that one could turn back the clock.

It is in fact a normal part of life and millions of people say "If only" every day.

In fact a film based on the premise of "if only" exists called "Sliding Doors"

I would in the fact that I should have left a lot earlier, apart from that never!

There is an old biblical saying in that "A dog never returns to his vomit", and neither should a human!

I know of the saying "Never go Back" but not the biblical example you quote, where in the bible would I find it please?

Do you actually live here?

Yes, Australia is overcrowded basically because even though there is a huge landmass there is the GAFA out there (Great Australian F*** All) which is basically uninhabitable and the liveable bit is very small and stretched along the coast. The masses flock to the big cities which cannot sustain them. We are seriously strapped for water and our current infrastructure is under huge stress - demographers estimate that Australia can only support about 16m people and we are well over that and have a govt which will continue high levels of immigration. Even though immigration is encouraged into rural and remote communities it doesnt take long for people to realize that opportunities lie in the bigger cities and they move on.

Good point. Each country has its own problems, but

IF I RULED THE WORLD.........!

Archived