I HATE Australia! Wish we could turn back the clocks!

Guest itskaren

Guest lovediving
I have to agree with a lot of that. Australia is not England. Not better , not worse, different. At least Australia isnt changing its culture to please migrants.

Sorry, don't wish to appear rude, but WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON !!!!!!!! have you ever been to Sydney !

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lovediving
Haha OZnumba1... great post... but me thinks you may possibly be a poster in disguise...

Trolling for a little pot-stirring I wonder???

I'm an Aussie and although I get a little annoyed over the whinging from some Poms, I realise that this forum is here for them to post their grievances and the rest, perhaps we should keep that in mind and just remember... at the end of the day, we're in the lucky country and those who choose not too stay are all the more welcome to leave.

Try not to be too aggressive in your posts from now on. Though I'm looking forward to seeing how many take the bait! Hehe...

So if you realise that this is a forum for posting grievances, dilemas what are you doing on this thread telling people that if they don't like it they are welcome to leave ?

I wonder who is doing the pot stirring here ?????

I think that's all fair do's: Not everyone coming here from Pommyland is going to find it suits them, but I also bet they could move to a dozen different places in the UK & be just as miserable there! And Ill bet ya, if ask your local Auzzie, (which I often have) where not to live around here, they'll provide you with a handy list! (PS: I DO HAVE Wallaby's, padamelons, brush-tailed possums & heaven knows what else in this garden... not sure about the next, it's all fenced like Fort Knox & 99% of the Auzzies I've met are VERY friendly, service is fab, food is great, people work very hard!)

But my question is & it's one that keeps me awake at night, is How Much Does One's Life Experiences Prior to Moving to OZ Impact on the Success or Otherwise of Relocating to OZ? -Is it more important than endless research, recce's, recommendations? And what about this Following a Dream Scenario, I just hope peeps wake up first, ask the right Q's & do SOME research before blindly following that Dream into a Nightmare...

I'm convinced Brits have become very accustomed to having a lot of material stuff, so much so, in fact I doubt most would even realize this is true, & contest it - but Evidence: The complaints re shopping! Yes, I agree improvements could be made, after all I've been in retailing over 13 years so I should say that! However, I'm very ambivalent about the whole process, where Shopping seems to be a Competitive Sport & Spending a bone fide Leisure Pursuit 24/7/365! People actually complain that they can't freely pursue these frivolous activities, but rather, are expected to take up Hobbies,(an anathema to many Brits these days!) like fishing, bush walking, sailing, walking the dog on the beach, socializing, taking the kids out...! Evidence: OZ is Out of Date/Backwards: if people weren't so bewitched by Consumerism they might not notice if the latest gadget isn't availble, besides their old one isn't broken yet, so would you need to replace it?!... Evidence: There's Nothing for the Kids to DO: OK, 13 yrs of retailing, 10 in the Kid-Entertainment-Theme Park Business, so yes, Kids like to be entertained, parents love it when someone else is entertaining their kids! However, our business has grown successfully by subtly encouraging parents to engage & interact w/their kids, learning lots about each other while having loads of fun into the bargain - but that's only a Seldom Treat, kids shouldn't expect their Summer vacations to be jam-packed with such costly opportunities - more spending! There's so much we can all do that's for free & certainly in this country a darn sight easier than in the UK, when 1, you're combating often crumby weather, 2) a belligerent Council that would rather have your hard earned £ than provide you with some value for your Tax $$ 3) EVEN finding a place to park & 4) Compulsion to SHOP till you DROP!!!

Sorry if I upset anyone - but just how many TV's are in your home, T shirts, Jeans, shoes in your closets; ipods, laptops, Blackberries, mobile phones, cars.. in your driveway...! :)

So if you realise that this is a forum for posting grievances, dilemas what are you doing on this thread telling people that if they don't like it they are welcome to leave ?

I wonder who is doing the pot stirring here ?????

I wasn't telling the Poms who don't like it that they are welcome to leave, I was trying to remind OZnumba1 that everyone is entitled to their opinion but that he/she should be pleased that they are happy living in a country they love and not to worry about those who complain, because they are 'entitled' to leave... not that they should leave! I don't mind which country they do their whinging from, if I didn't want to hear it anymore I'd just stop visiting this site or reading the negative threads. :yes:

Guest lovediving

OK,

I think the overall point is that quite a few people go home so if this is such a lucky country why is it not lucky for them. I do not believe that it is just that they do not fit in there is more to it than that and this is not such a lucky country as you say. New Zealand rates higher in the world survey on countires to live in than Australia and is that because of the people I wonder and how they make life their as we all know their economy is not the greatest.

I have never known a country to be so intense on going on and on about Australia this and Australia that, even sport coverage is focused purely on the Australian, more or less every advert, I mean woolworths, "australians and fresh food people" I mean it is good to be proud but it is simply an obsession with this country.

If this country is so multicultural how about focusing on British sport sometimes or New Zealand, China, whatever as the British do with sport coverage, etc.

My opinion is that it is a one track mind society programmed to think this way so it is no wonder that open minded people from other countries such as England or Europe have difficulties with adjusting to this nonsense.

Guest Working to fish
OK,

My opinion is that it is a one track mind society programmed to think this way so it is no wonder that open minded people from other countries such as England or Europe have difficulties with adjusting to this nonsense.

Its Easy just let it go over your head love.

eddie:wub:

Guest brooksey
OK,

I think the overall point is that quite a few people go home so if this is such a lucky country why is it not lucky for them. I do not believe that it is just that they do not fit in there is more to it than that and this is not such a lucky country as you say. New Zealand rates higher in the world survey on countires to live in than Australia and is that because of the people I wonder and how they make life their as we all know their economy is not the greatest.

I have never known a country to be so intense on going on and on about Australia this and Australia that, even sport coverage is focused purely on the Australian, more or less every advert, I mean woolworths, "australians and fresh food people" I mean it is good to be proud but it is simply an obsession with this country.

If this country is so multicultural how about focusing on British sport sometimes or New Zealand, China, whatever as the British do with sport coverage, etc.

Make your mind up you just said Sydney has turned multi cultural

OK,

Im sure you will reply with sarcastic witt to my post but have you ever lived in NZ???

Im not being rude, and totally agree that Oz does go on and on about itself, but i have lived in NZ for 4 years and that country never stops going on about itself......it is certainly way behind oz in every sense,a great place to live if your 80 years old with a blue rinse though!!! sorry to mention age!!

Why does everyone feel the need to tell everyone on a site why they are going back why they are doing this why they are doing that.

Just do it. Who gives a toss really, its not like its a life threatening illness or something.

When you really have something to worry about then worry about but moving because the supermarkets are not good enough you perceive everyone is unintelligent because they like a beer down the pub with their mates unbelievable. Is unbelievable because it happens in the UK too and there are people that like culture and people that do not but whatever floats the boat. What is important the most important thing is to have health and be happy with whatever is thrown at you wherever you are because you may not be here tomorrow.

I have a young daughter with a brain tumour she never ever moans and gets on with the life she has knowing that it will return, when you have that sort of thing hanging over your head you can moan but its surprising people like with these things dont moan they get on with their life.

Life is what you make it wherever you live and its as cultural as you want to make it wherever too.

Stop thinking about yourself and happiness follows.

Im sure you will reply with sarcastic witt to my post but have you ever lived in NZ???

Im not being rude, and totally agree that Oz does go on and on about itself, but i have lived in NZ for 4 years and that country never stops going on about itself.

And in addition to that I wonder whether he ever lived in the UK. Because really, that is a country that never stops going on about itself...

Why does everyone feel the need to tell everyone on a site why they are going back why they are doing this why they are doing that.

Just do it. Who gives a toss really, its not like its a life threatening illness or something.

When you really have something to worry about then worry about but moving because the supermarkets are not good enough you perceive everyone is unintelligent because they like a beer down the pub with their mates unbelievable. Is unbelievable because it happens in the UK too and there are people that like culture and people that do not but whatever floats the boat. What is important the most important thing is to have health and be happy with whatever is thrown at you wherever you are because you may not be here tomorrow.

I have a young daughter with a brain tumour she never ever moans and gets on with the life she has knowing that it will return, when you have that sort of thing hanging over your head you can moan but its surprising people like with these things dont moan they get on with their life.

Life is what you make it wherever you live and its as cultural as you want to make it wherever too.

Stop thinking about yourself and happiness follows.

Thank you for this post....my respect and love to you and your daughter....x

And in addition to that I wonder whether he ever lived in the UK. Because really, that is a country that never stops going on about itself...

It does...forgotten about home [uk] to be honest im having so much fun here!!! hahaha

:biglaugh::jiggy:

Guest lovediving

Im not being rude, and totally agree that Oz does go on and on about itself, but i have lived in NZ for 4 years and that country never stops going on about itself......it is certainly way behind oz in every sense,a great place to live if your 80 years old with a blue rinse though!!! sorry to mention age!!

Yes I have lived in New Zealand I was born there ! Although I lived there only as a child and have had many a holiday there, I am not aware of the country going on about itself this is the first I have heard of that. I would not live in NZ although I have considered it, purely because I do not really know the country and do not really want to make more roots to at this stage. However when people say behind, behind in what exactly, big shopping centres, huge money grapping theme parks, traffic jams, not really sure what is meant by being behind. If you mean living life a bit simpler and with less stress and having an emphasis on the natural surroundings and beauty for quality of life, then I agree New Zealand is definately behind.

Guest earlswood
No, no disguise here. was googling "i hate australia POST" after they lost an express letter i sent and came across this site. I'm the kind of person who wants an aussie flagpole in my front yard and couldn't help but read why anyone would hate australia. there were no real reasons and this topic is 1 sided so i had to give it some balance, i tried to be as non aggressive as i could (it took 2 attempts)

I think you are the stereotype Aussie to be honest Oznumba1, I find that if you say anything that you dislike about Australia aussies think you are saying you hate the place which in most cases is not true, Oz works for some and not for others, personally I prefer the UK more than Oz but I do not “hate” Oz just think that England is a better Country as you think Australia is a better Country, you will never convince me as I will never convince you….folk are different……live and let live.

Yes I have lived in New Zealand I was born there ! Although I lived there only as a child and have had many a holiday there, I am not aware of the country going on about itself this is the first I have heard of that. I would not live in NZ although I have considered it, purely because I do not really know the country and do not really want to make more roots to at this stage. However when people say behind, behind in what exactly, big shopping centres, huge money grapping theme parks, traffic jams, not really sure what is meant by being behind. If you mean living life a bit simpler and with less stress and having an emphasis on the natural surroundings and beauty for quality of life, then I agree New Zealand is definately behind.

cool....my husband is from NZ to, small world hey!

Guest martin948

Hi well we have been here for 6 weeks and apart from the worst weather in brisbane for years we love it,

The super markets are better with DIFFERENT foods and nicer cakes the electricals are cheaper if you do the exchange rate thing $1200 for a 42"Plasma with built in HD and Freeview (with more channels coming out in the new year) £514 we paid with some uk savings same as for washers and fridges.....so if you get a job just make sure its double what you got paid in uk then life is the same like if you get £30,000 in the uk then you need $60,000 here, but then some things are cheaper and some things are not eg.fuel today is $1.09 ltr but think uk is £0.95 ,, but gillette razors $26.00 for 4 but in uk £8.00 (unbelieveable LOL) so we drive and be hairy LOL. but we dont have to sped £2500+ for a summer holiday in spain then pay £2+ for drinks there as they are more clued up in europe now... drink in Oz is expenive , depending on what you want to drink Bacardi $44.00 from Dan Murphy's bottle shop. but then some beer is cheaper and soft drinks are cheaper too we can get 2lt Coke Cola for $2 , uk was £1.50 for 2lt, we have not had the pleasure of the medical system yet but got some glasses last week in 5 days and they were cheaper than uk working out at £280 and got my driving licence in 30 mins at the local transport authority... The ozzies tell me the trafic is bad here but no where near as bad as the M62 leeds area, we see lots of wild life around here we have a possum with a baby on its back crawling on top of our fence we seen bats, an owl, kuckoboroughs (spelling),lizards from tiny to 1 foot long ones, cockroaches LOL ants (big and little) can hear crickets at night, koalas, and kangaroos (in a local sanctuary were we fed them and had the photos taken with them) cant wait to see the snakes and spiders(NOT) but that wont scare us off.. we came to Australia for Australia not for it to be like England (no goldcoast or sunshine coast in england) got balckpool and skegness in uk LOL ,, my 5 yr old son started school last week and he loves it, he plays out with nothing on his feet and the children are all nice to him (he said he was bullied in uk school) but he is only 5 1/2 so we arnt sure what to believe ...our shipping container will be here in 2 weeks we found out today (yippee) anyway like i said we have only been here for 6 weeks and its early days yet but so far so good...

(work is great and the people are all nice say hello in the street and smile)

Martin,Becky and Ruben

"cool.... " that's such a young and hip thing to say:notworthy:

spreading the love since 2005...........same goes...hahaha:notworthy:

oh...or is that an old hippy ageing thing....

Guest lynnjez
It really irritates me when people call Oz backward compared to the UK, that is really ridiculous. It is implying that the UK is the leader and the way we do it in the UK is the only way to do it ,otherwise you are backward. This arrogant attitude in western world has got us into trouble with other nationalities. Why can’t we just accepted that other cultures and nations are different to us!

Couldnt have put it better myself...what makes people leave the Uk if that is all they are expecting in a new country??

Stay and save yourself the air fayre....sorry but did no -one do any research....I dont expect all singinging all dancing.. I do expect to work bloody hard to make a new life in a new country and will bend over backwards to fit in with the new culture...no comparisons to the Uk just a will to make it work here...............THIS IS PURELY MY OWN SENTIMENT SO TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT XXXXXXXX

Hi well we have been here for 6 weeks and apart from the worst weather in brisbane for years we love it,

The super markets are better with DIFFERENT foods and nicer cakes the electricals are cheaper if you do the exchange rate thing $1200 for a 42"Plasma with built in HD and Freeview (with more channels coming out in the new year) £514 we paid with some uk savings same as for washers and fridges.....so if you get a job just make sure its double what you got paid in uk then life is the same like if you get £30,000 in the uk then you need $60,000 here, but then some things are cheaper and some things are not eg.fuel today is $1.09 ltr but think uk is £0.95 ,, but gillette razors $26.00 for 4 but in uk £8.00 (unbelieveable LOL) so we drive and be hairy LOL. but we dont have to sped £2500+ for a summer holiday in spain then pay £2+ for drinks there as they are more clued up in europe now... drink in Oz is expenive , depending on what you want to drink Bacardi $44.00 from Dan Murphy's bottle shop. but then some beer is cheaper and soft drinks are cheaper too we can get 2lt Coke Cola for $2 , uk was £1.50 for 2lt, we have not had the pleasure of the medical system yet but got some glasses last week in 5 days and they were cheaper than uk working out at £280 and got my driving licence in 30 mins at the local transport authority... The ozzies tell me the trafic is bad here but no where near as bad as the M62 leeds area, we see lots of wild life around here we have a possum with a baby on its back crawling on top of our fence we seen bats, an owl, kuckoboroughs (spelling),lizards from tiny to 1 foot long ones, cockroaches LOL ants (big and little) can hear crickets at night, koalas, and kangaroos (in a local sanctuary were we fed them and had the photos taken with them) cant wait to see the snakes and spiders(NOT) but that wont scare us off.. we came to Australia for Australia not for it to be like England (no goldcoast or sunshine coast in england) got balckpool and skegness in uk LOL ,, my 5 yr old son started school last week and he loves it, he plays out with nothing on his feet and the children are all nice to him (he said he was bullied in uk school) but he is only 5 1/2 so we arnt sure what to believe ...our shipping container will be here in 2 weeks we found out today (yippee) anyway like i said we have only been here for 6 weeks and its early days yet but so far so good...

(work is great and the people are all nice say hello in the street and smile)

Martin,Becky and Ruben

Great post...hope it contiues for you all....

Archived