I HATE Australia! Wish we could turn back the clocks!

Guest itskaren

Guest earlswood
Earlswood, I know what I think of Sydney and I have made that clear in a lot of posts but can you tell me what is it about Perth that you dislike so much and why.

Also are you going back to the UK or moving to another city in Australia ?

Perth for me is a bit boring, people get me wrong and I only reply to people who go on about crime anti-social behaviour etc in the UK saying it is just as bad overe here and people think I am knocking it when all I am saying is"same **** different Country"

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona, it is nothing to do with whether I am bitter or not.

When you say "there are a number of disadvantaged minorities" in many countries, are those disadvantaged minorities the original people of the land and the fact that as you say other countries do it, definately does not make it right or should be considered the norm.

Sorry but if you think it is OK for this to happen as it happens in other countries well that just is not right.

I have seen hardly any aboriginal people since I have been in Australia and that is because they are living in the middle of nowhere and have no opportunities to get on, I never knew the full extent of this until I came here. But you know what you dont have to listen to me the whole world knows about it as it is a fact and cannot be denied unless somebody can tell me otherwise.

if you want to go down the road of slating countries/governments about how they treat the natives its a bit of a dangerous road to go down if you class yourself as an englishman, dont you think? englands record isnt exactly exemplary is it? not that im one of them that beats themselves up over the actions of a country i was born in through none of my own choice, i just think your on dodgy ground preaching to the aussies about how to treat people. for myself ....i dont believe in apologising 2 hundred years later over slavery etc, its all a load of p.c rubbish to me, i just cant understand you having a pop at the aussies in view of englands record, thats all.

I only laugh at them if they believe everything that is written by the Daily Mail...also what is your problem with polish workers who I have found to be good workers and nice people …. Remember that over 92% of the UK population is white indigenous folk, so we are not really being overrun are we.

earlsy, i know your figures are wrong there somehow 92%

you are having a laugh, sounds like youv'e never even been to the uk :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I only laugh at them if they believe everything that is written by the Daily Mail...also what is your problem with polish workers who I have found to be good workers and nice people …. Remember that over 92% of the UK population is white indigenous folk, so we are not really being overrun are we.

no offence meant earl,but......when/if you come home and you see the poles undercutting us by 50% then say you have no probs with them mate

Guest earlswood
earlsy, i know your figures are wrong there somehow 92%

you are having a laugh, sounds like youv'e never even been to the uk :biglaugh::biglaugh:

The ethnic breakdown of the UK population, derived from the 2001 census - still the latest figures

Total population - 58,789,194

White 54,153,898 (92.1 per cent)

All Asian or Asian British - 2,331,423 (4 per cent total)

Indian 1,053,411

Pakistani 747,285

Bangladeshi 283,063

Other Asian 247,664

Black or Black British 1,148,738

Chinese 247,403

Other ethnic groups 230,615

Mixed race 677,117

All minority ethnic groups 4,635,296 (7.9 per cent)

Great stats, but the fact is this is a small and over-populated place. People are stressed here. People are in your face here. People are aggressive here. In a small space it doesn`t feel good. For all the reasons everyone has mentioned, it`s changing very quickly and not in most people`s experience to their benefit

Guest earlswood
Great stats, but the fact is this is a small and over-populated place. People are stressed here. People are in your face here. People are aggressive here. In a small space it doesn`t feel good. For all the reasons everyone has mentioned, it`s changing very quickly and not in most people`s experience to their benefit

Not the UK I know at all....you must be really stressed and unhappy with your life then....why do you think Oz will improve it.

Guest guest17301

Chill Pablo..haven't you worked Earl out yet!....I love scousers I know loads of em...some of my family are from St Helens (not scouse I know but Merseyside all the same!) Good and bad in all folks regardless of area of origin!

Guest guest17301
Not the UK I know at all....you must be really stressed and unhappy with your life then....why do you think Oz will improve it.

Early...unfortunately that is the reality of lots of Brits daily lives. Intimidation is rife in inner city areas..fact.

Guest earlswood
first things first, im not your pal. you made that obvious when you pulled me up on my post( allways remember you started this,not me )and unless your a scouser and have worked around the country(especially london )then you wont understand the anymosity towards us. we get welcomed more by the irish and scots than we do in our "own" country, ( im talking generally of course, not individuals. ive met loads of "proper" cockneys=good people )you must give a toss, or you wouldnt have taken offence at the fact i dont really consider myself english, so if you want to start having a pop at me.......go for it

Ehy Calm down Calm down

96777.jpg

Maybe that's because they don't know you as well as we do...:cute:

Guest earlswood
Early...unfortunately that is the reality of lots of Brits daily lives. Intimidation is rife in inner city areas..fact.

Fiona it's rife over here as well in inner cities I cannot belive why no one in the UK belives it though.:GEEK:

Guest guest17301
Fiona it's rife over here as well in inner cities I cannot belive why no one in the UK belives it though.:GEEK:

Don't talk soft lad, Oz is the land of milk and honey and don't try to tell me any different...

Earlswood

I don`t know which` UK` you know. I don`t know when you last lived here or the kind of standard of life you had. Judging by the photo you posted of where you`d like to live in the UK you`d need a fair amount of cash to live there (by the way the locals are being priced out of those kinds of areas anyway). Yes I am stressed here. As I said it is over-populated, over-crowded and aggressive. Oz doesn`t seem to be any of those things to me.

Guest earlswood
Don't talk soft lad, Oz is the land of milk and honey and don't try to tell me any different...

Coming from Stoke Fiona it will feel like Monaco to you....I kid you not...stay out of the inner city at night and you will be Bonza...:spinny:

Guest guest17301

This is hilarious...am laughing out loud here...but come on guys not everyone will think its funny:twitcy:Only took little un for a bath and look what I miss!,lol

The ethnic breakdown of the UK population, derived from the 2001 census - still the latest figures

Total population - 58,789,194

White 54,153,898 (92.1 per cent)

All Asian or Asian British - 2,331,423 (4 per cent total)

Indian 1,053,411

Pakistani 747,285

Bangladeshi 283,063

Other Asian 247,664

Black or Black British 1,148,738

Chinese 247,403

Other ethnic groups 230,615

Mixed race 677,117

All minority ethnic groups 4,635,296 (7.9 per cent)

your still having a laugh earlsy !!!!!!! ha ha ha ( your so funny )

these figures that you got are way off mate......... there's more than that ( of each ) in birmingham.......:yes:

Guest earlswood
your still having a laugh earlsy !!!!!!! ha ha ha ( your so funny )

these figures that you got are way off mate......... there's more than that ( of each ) in birmingham.......:yes:

It's belive the national independant census or the Daily Mail.....errr tough choice:twitcy:

sounds as though you have never been to a naturalisation ceremony, and see those chinese, greek italian etc proudly declare they are Australian. I think it is wrong to call Australia a mongrel country! multicultural yes! Is Britain any different then, with all the different nationalities going there. Soon it will be called Greater Poland!

I think you miss the point - of course I have been to a naturalisation ceremony. The difference is that the Greeks, Italian, Vietnamese, Lebanese proudly pronounce themselves to be Greek Australians, Italian Australians Viet Australians, Lebanese Australians. The Poms never claim themselves to be British Australians and we dont have the British Australian club (unlike the Hellenic Club, the Italian Club etc).

Mongrel merely means made up of various bits and pieces which is what Australia is, unfortunately it is not truly multicultural because the cultures have a tendency to stick to their own (Cabramatta? Bankstown?? Anyone??) heck, even Canberra has its own China town in Dickson. I think it is more "many" cultures rather than one big multi-cultured place. The multi culti industry has done more harm than good I think.

Heck UK has been mongrel for thousands of years - we have accommodated waves of invaders - Jutes, Romans, Vikings, Normans etc each wave has come in and blended to make UK the mix it is today - now there isnt the blending so much as the ghettoing. It all takes time though.

Guest earlswood
none of them earlsy,

i believe my eyes i see it everyday [:sad:/SIZE]

Depends where you live...when I go home the Cotswolds I see very few immigrants blacks or ethnic minorities whereas when I am in London there are loads which makes London such a brilliant multi-cultural City.

Archived