I HATE Australia! Wish we could turn back the clocks!

Guest itskaren

You do sound quite bitter. There are not many of the 'original' inhabitants of a land in many countries. And plenty of societies have disadvantaged minorities. What about the gypsies in the UK and Ireland-they live on the fringes of society, see also Romania. Oz has as much to be proud of as the Uk I reckon. But that's just my opinion. Your judgement is bound to be clouded if you hate the place.

Lovediving surely is a bitter person and obviously didn't study too much history whilst at school. Oz today has more to be proud of than the UK if we're going to go back looking at "original inhabitants". The Brits have raped and pillaged every damn country they have set foot into - and they are now reaping what they've sown. You can even blame the Brits for the early displacement in Australia because it was them that did all the early damage here also. It was the Brits that stole Aboriginal children from their parents because they thought they knew best and (unlike Kevin Rudd) have still offered no apology. It was the Brits that tested nuclear weapons in the desert and offered NO apology or compensation to their own, or Australian, servicemen. It was the Brits that stole there OWN kids and shipped them out here telling them they were orphans when most of them weren't - watch "The Leaving of Liverpool" lovediving and it will make you really bloody proud to be British.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest17301
Fiona, it is nothing to do with whether I am bitter or not.

When you say "there are a number of disadvantaged minorities" in many countries, are those disadvantaged minorities the original people of the land and the fact that as you say other countries do it, definately does not make it right or should be considered the norm.

Sorry but if you think it is OK for this to happen as it happens in other countries well that just is not right.

I have seen hardly any aboriginal people since I have been in Australia and that is because they are living in the middle of nowhere and have no opportunities to get on, I never knew the full extent of this until I came here. But you know what you dont have to listen to me the whole world knows about it as it is a fact and cannot be denied unless somebody can tell me otherwise.

Steady on mate...never said it was ok-simply making the point that **** happens everywhere, it's the way of the world. All we can do is try to be the best people we can be and do what we can to help. Us humans are a selfish breed.

Guest lovediving

I did not say that the British have not done wrong, far from it they have done some appauling things in history I am not stupid, what I am saying it does not make it right for Australians segregate these people from society now.

As far as I am concerned people can remain blissfully ignorant and come up with every single reason why what is happening with those people is not wrong or acceptable in some way, whatever like I said the world does know the truth. So Australia be proud of what you are ?

What a joke, people get on with it, to be honest I cannot be bothered to talk to such small minds any more.

Guest guest17301

What a joke, people get on with it, to be honest I cannot be bothered to talk to such small minds any more.

Wow, you're up for a good debate then...how open minded.

Ok then lovediving. Its been a pleasure.

See you later and don't let the door hit you on the way out...

:laugh:

" what I am saying it does not make it right for Australians segregate these people from society now."

Australians (and from that I assume you are referring to "white" Australians) are most definitely NOT segregating Aboriginals from society. Far from it. The ones that still live in the desert, CHOOSE to live in the desert. They are offered more help than any other section of the population but most of them DON'T WANT IT. They want to be left alone to live the way they have lived for thousands of years. People like you are no different to the Brits who tried to forcibly remove them from what they know because you think you know best. Piffle. You have only spent a handful of months living in Sydney, and admit to never even seeing a true, full-blood Aboriginal. You are certainly not talking from any experience or with any authority. And you have the nerve to call other people on this forum "small minded". Do yourself a favour and travel back via Katherine, or Alice, or Kunnurra, or Darwin, or Kakadu, or Coober Pedy and talk to these people. Yes they do talk. Yes they will share there experiences. Yes they will welcome you onto their land. Until then, keep your opinions to yourself until you know what you are talking about.

Guest Working to fish

I dont think i have ever used the word hate ,but then again i lead a simple life ,try to keep it easy going.

eddie

:wubclub:

I haven't read all the pages on here (too many), but from what I have read, I'm very sorry that Oz isn't what you expected. We're planning on moving there ourselves, a huge leap of faith. I don't expect it to be anything like the UK, after all, it's a completely different country. I come from South Africa, so coming to the UK was a big culture shock for me. From having everything done for you in SA to doing everything yourself over here. Obviously the climate from where I come from is completly different from the UK. Lots of difference, which I've gotten used to. I've been here since 2001. I've also lived for a short time in Holland and again, a completely different place to anywhere else I've experienced, and I really loved it over there. A beautiful country. I'm hoping that I'll be able to adapt to Oz as well as I have to the UK and Holland. I can understand how some people can find it difficult leaving what they're used to behind.

I don't expect that it'll be roses and sunshine (all the time). I expect it will be hard work setting up all over again, I'll bet that the work and money put into just getting there won't be a 'touch' on what it'll be like living there, working there etc. We've also got 3 kids to settle down. And I certainly do expect to feel homesick (for UK as I've lived here so long and family have since settled here).

I'm also very sorry for what happened with your brother. From what I have read, sounds like you only left because of that tragedy and maybe not because you dislike the UK. Chin up, and I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you ;)

Guest lovediving

They are offered more help than any other section of the population :biglaugh:Now that is pathetic.

Don't tell me to keep my opinions to myself as I will do exactly what I want whether you like it or not so I suggest if you do not like my opinions do not respond.

I don't know who the heck you think you are telling me that I am wrong when you only need to google it to see the truth, heard of google at all ??

What absolute crap, they want to be left alone and do not want to live in cities, they don't want any opportunities, is that how Australia justifies itself these days.

:wacko:

" what I am saying it does not make it right for Australians segregate these people from society now."

Australians (and from that I assume you are referring to "white" Australians) are most definitely NOT segregating Aboriginals from society. Far from it. The ones that still live in the desert, CHOOSE to live in the desert. They are offered more help than any other section of the population but most of them DON'T WANT IT. They want to be left alone to live the way they have lived for thousands of years. People like you are no different to the Brits who tried to forcibly remove them from what they know because you think you know best. Piffle. You have only spent a handful of months living in Sydney, and admit to never even seeing a true, full-blood Aboriginal. You are certainly not talking from any experience or with any authority. And you have the nerve to call other people on this forum "small minded". Do yourself a favour and travel back via Katherine, or Alice, or Kunnurra, or Darwin, or Kakadu, or Coober Pedy and talk to these people. Yes they do talk. Yes they will share there experiences. Yes they will welcome you onto their land. Until then, keep your opinions to yourself until you know what you are talking about.

Guest earlswood
Lovediving surely is a bitter person and obviously didn't study too much history whilst at school. Oz today has more to be proud of than the UK if we're going to go back looking at "original inhabitants". The Brits have raped and pillaged every damn country they have set foot into - and they are now reaping what they've sown. You can even blame the Brits for the early displacement in Australia because it was them that did all the early damage here also. It was the Brits that stole Aboriginal children from their parents because they thought they knew best and (unlike Kevin Rudd) have still offered no apology. It was the Brits that tested nuclear weapons in the desert and offered NO apology or compensation to their own, or Australian, servicemen. It was the Brits that stole there OWN kids and shipped them out here telling them they were orphans when most of them weren't - watch "The Leaving of Liverpool" lovediving and it will make you really bloody proud to be British.

You have just proved you know very little about history also Kazz.

Guest lovediving

Furthermore person in denial, please read the below article and maybe it will refresh your memory on the truth of what happens in Australia to Aboriginal people.

Kathy Marks: Australia's persistent racism - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

But then again, don't expect you to read that as being in denial is much safer than having to admit the truth.

They are offered more help than any other section of the population :biglaugh:Now that is pathetic.

Don't tell me to keep my opinions to myself as I will do exactly what I want whether you like it or not so I suggest if you do not like my opinions do not respond.

I don't know who the heck you think you are telling me that I am wrong when you only need to google it to see the truth, heard of google at all ??

What absolute crap, they want to be left alone and do not want to live in cities, they don't want any opportunities, is that how Australia justifies itself these days.

:wacko:

Guest guest17301
Furthermore person in denial, please read the below article and maybe it will refresh your memory on the truth of what happens in Australia to Aboriginal people.

Kathy Marks: Australia's persistent racism - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

But then again, don't expect you to read that as being in denial is much safer than having to admit the truth.

Wow, you're really angry now aren't you? Thought you couldn't be bothered with us small minded people any more? You couldn't let it lie could you:nah::twitcy:

Guest lovediving

Fiona,

I am annoyed at the blatant ignorance and general 'there is nothing wrong with how the aboriginal's live' attitude. I am not angry it is not exactly new for people to pretend that there is no problem with racisim in Australia it is all part of the desire to push it in the closet.

England has a huge amount of history with terrible acts but the thing is it is history, not present day generation.

Guest guest17301

I think you are jumping to conclusions and putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 lovediving. Has anybody said that the treatment of Aboriginals is great? No. I certainly haven't. You are getting peoples backs up by claiming to 'know it all' and presuming that others know nothing. Think before you post or no-one will take your points seriously.

People have choices no matter now poor they are, they can choose to be clean, tidy and live a nice life.

Unless you have lived in areas with indigenous people you cannot make assumptions about anything. There are nice people and not nice people just like us.

There are a lot of grotty people (no offence meant) in the UK who feel they have been dealt a bad hand they are indigenous too do you feel sorry for them. I wonder.

Unfortunately for a lot of aboriginal people they live in very remote areas where there are no jobs and no facilities and there never will be here in Australia as the areas are so vast and unless they get educated (education for aboriginal people at university is free) they will not move forward. Just like any children school is a drag and its up to us to make it so interesting that they want the education available.

As I said before we should not put people in boxes Aboriginal or anyone else they are people just like us and have the same problems as everyone has.

My mum and dad fostered a half aboriginal child many years ago when they lived in the Kimberly and they loved her to pieces and would have loved to have adopted her but she had to go to an aboriginal family in my mind that is prejudice in reverse.

We all have culture and it goes back many hundreds of years but we do not feel the need to live like we did hundreds of years ago. Time moves on things change and everyone has to move with the times.

Paternalism is wrong in my view.

The uk sounds great! my 2 brothers in australia are fine. Still havent been murdered yet, i don't know anyone here who's brothers OR sisters were murdered.

dont you have crazy drivers in uk? that comment in my opinion is hypocriticical..

All you poms have such petty reasons for disliking my great country. come on, you hate our country cause of a supermarket??! Poms are stereotyped as snoby whinging alcoholics with bad teeth. Noone here has proved that wrong, but i can't see your teeth.

herbsters post #20 is very smart and a good read for poms wanting to move here. If you watch ads that portray australia as one big beach with aussie neighbours and kangaroos hanging over your fence wanting to be your friend well you deserve to be unhappy. I wish a lot of you would move to vietnam or many other countries just to get a clue.

To the posts about our education system: if your born with low mental capabilities don't blame our teachers. Nearly every smart person in australia can get a decent job. You can't think by moving some place your just going to pop into a great lifestyle. Everything takes effort and commitment.

Another smart pom. Average pom please take note.

"fit in or **** off" yes that is the australian way. If you want the uk way go there. My god how obvious.. if i move to england from australia and whinge that england doesnt have beaches and waves or wild kangaroos so the country and people are stupid, would just make me stupid. Australia is australia because this is how we made it. We love it, and that is the only thing that counts.

She won't respond to our questioning her opinion because Australia is great! You can't knock it any more than any other well developed country. Maybe our shopping centers are worse, i don't know. It's just a petty reason that doesnt matter. You shouldn't be gobsmacked, the original post is very offensive. Itskaren, find a positive way to deal with your grief. Direct it at murderers. Don't try to degrade my country. Australia is just as i like it.

If i moved to the uk i would hate it also. Because the uk is not australia. So i will not move to the uk. Whining on about tv and pubs is so pathetic. And noone is going to change australia for you, thats for sure. Maybe i'll move to nigeria and ask the leaders to put a beach in my backyard, next door to a coles and kmart. Import some kangaroos, koalas and gum trees. That attitude is just so dumb. Get over yourselves, obviously australia is not the uk. Thank god.

good on you cabbagesahoy! have a great life here in australia!

OH! now i understand why our supermarkets suck, we dont have enough ready made meals. That sounds lazy. You want the world handed to you. Australia has everything i could ask for, and that is what matters. You are privelidged to be here. Nobody is "stuck" here. Your just not prepared to put in the effort to move back. And unfortunately we don't care so we're not gonna help you get back there. So see this paradise as a jail and rot for all australia cares.

"Tasmania ! where they are cutting down the 300 year old rain forest for wood chip to support the most disgraceful government in the world!"

Our government is getting rid of top level executive greedy bonuses. Every aussie will be better off. Kevin Rudd, you are my saviour! how many forrests do you have in england? Bloody hypocrites.

l totally 100% agree with you, OZ is a foreign country very different from the UK, those who expect it to be the UK with sunshine or some kind of British colony will hate it.

Guest lovediving
And what did the poms do to us Cornish, Anglasised us, took away our parliament, and even today they will not recognize our culture. You sound so holy lovediving!

So overall the Poms are bad people, so what are Australians then, not poms ?

Archived