I HATE Australia! Wish we could turn back the clocks!

Guest itskaren

spreading the love since 2005...........same goes...hahaha:notworthy:

oh...or is that an old hippy ageing thing....

its all the chems from the the late 80s (summer of love) kicking in. But you're far too young to remember the 80s

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its all the chems from the the late 80s (summer of love) kicking in. But you're far too young to remember the 80s

Hope you didnt spread to much of it....:arghh:

Guest earlswood
We have been here a year in December and detest this country. Sorry if I upset anyone but it is a backward country in camparison to the UK. The banking, nursing for sure, supermarkets, I could go on for ever.

The UK is not really that bad! Just make sure anyone who is in the process of coming over that it really is not the land of milk and honey!

Good luck is all I say!

Karen, when are you going home?

Hi well we have been here for 6 weeks and apart from the worst weather in brisbane for years we love it,

The super markets are better with DIFFERENT foods and nicer cakes the electricals are cheaper if you do the exchange rate thing $1200 for a 42"Plasma with built in HD and Freeview (with more channels coming out in the new year) £514 we paid with some uk savings same as for washers and fridges.....so if you get a job just make sure its double what you got paid in uk then life is the same like if you get £30,000 in the uk then you need $60,000 here, but then some things are cheaper and some things are not eg.fuel today is $1.09 ltr but think uk is £0.95 ,, but gillette razors $26.00 for 4 but in uk £8.00 (unbelieveable LOL) so we drive and be hairy LOL. but we dont have to sped £2500+ for a summer holiday in spain then pay £2+ for drinks there as they are more clued up in europe now... drink in Oz is expenive , depending on what you want to drink Bacardi $44.00 from Dan Murphy's bottle shop. but then some beer is cheaper and soft drinks are cheaper too we can get 2lt Coke Cola for $2 , uk was £1.50 for 2lt, we have not had the pleasure of the medical system yet but got some glasses last week in 5 days and they were cheaper than uk working out at £280 and got my driving licence in 30 mins at the local transport authority... The ozzies tell me the trafic is bad here but no where near as bad as the M62 leeds area, we see lots of wild life around here we have a possum with a baby on its back crawling on top of our fence we seen bats, an owl, kuckoboroughs (spelling),lizards from tiny to 1 foot long ones, cockroaches LOL ants (big and little) can hear crickets at night, koalas, and kangaroos (in a local sanctuary were we fed them and had the photos taken with them) cant wait to see the snakes and spiders(NOT) but that wont scare us off.. we came to Australia for Australia not for it to be like England (no goldcoast or sunshine coast in england) got balckpool and skegness in uk LOL ,, my 5 yr old son started school last week and he loves it, he plays out with nothing on his feet and the children are all nice to him (he said he was bullied in uk school) but he is only 5 1/2 so we arnt sure what to believe ...our shipping container will be here in 2 weeks we found out today (yippee) anyway like i said we have only been here for 6 weeks and its early days yet but so far so good...

(work is great and the people are all nice say hello in the street and smile)

Martin,Becky and Ruben

Good post but when you start comparin prices it does not work so as the exhange rate is about $2.40 yr telly looks cheaper but your wages are less comparin to the uk. LIke the job idea go and tell me gaffer I want $75000 defo know the answer-:biglaugh:

I`m from Yorkshire in the big sand pit called Perth and can tell you the traffic at rush hours is comparable to the uk 2 and a half men on in bit for an hour

mally

Guest martin948

actually in uk i was on £45 and i asked for $90k and got $93, so you maybe getting ripped off. the brisbane traffic is nowt mat...

I am as ever gobsmacked at the amount of posts someone can generate by giving an opinion. Have you guys noticed the orignal poster has only actually answered 1 question put to them about why they hate OZ so much.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :GEEK:

i understand what your saying re op comments about oz,but maybe she has an awfull lot on her mind and might not be happy anywhere untill she can come to terms with her loss and the way it happened, im sure she means no offence, and isnt trying to be negative, but if something like that happens to someone then i reckon they deserve a bit of understanding, no offence meant btw

OK,

I think the overall point is that quite a few people go home so if this is such a lucky country why is it not lucky for them. I do not believe that it is just that they do not fit in there is more to it than that and this is not such a lucky country as you say. New Zealand rates higher in the world survey on countires to live in than Australia and is that because of the people I wonder and how they make life their as we all know their economy is not the greatest.

I have never known a country to be so intense on going on and on about Australia this and Australia that, even sport coverage is focused purely on the Australian, more or less every advert, I mean woolworths, "australians and fresh food people" I mean it is good to be proud but it is simply an obsession with this country.

If this country is so multicultural how about focusing on British sport sometimes or New Zealand, China, whatever as the British do with sport coverage, etc.

My opinion is that it is a one track mind society programmed to think this way so it is no wonder that open minded people from other countries such as England or Europe have difficulties with adjusting to this nonsense.

So your point then is that those who go back to the UK, do so because they don't get enough sport coverage from their homeland?!? I'm not naive and I'm not saying Australians are the most multicultural people on Earth, but we're not that bad in the scheme of things. I'm pretty sure that the Premier League gets mentioned on atleast one of the major news channels after the weekend and I'm also pretty sure that SBS or the ABC covers the rest. Or if you want more buy Foxtel. I've lived in Scotland, England and the USA and I can count on one hand the times that I heard anything about Australia mentioned on their news Channels. In fact whilst I was in England this year and the Olympics were on I didn't hear about anything else BUT how the Brits did in that day, not how Australia did (except when it came to Britain being above Oz on the medal tally), not New Zealand, no one else but the Brits... but you know what? THAT IS FINE! I expected that because I was living in Britain and who else would they want to report about but their own sports stars!?:shocked:

I don't see a problem with Australia being proud of itself. Why should we do full coverage of the football teams in the UK or the rugby in New Zealand? Our half an hour news programs would run to an hour if we tried to cover all the home sports of people living in this country.

And who else would Woolworths try to target themselves as?! "We're woolworths, the fresh food and ready packed meal company, who are Australian but cater for the British and Asian people too"...?? I think you've been expecting a little too much from Australia lovediving.

Like I've said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is why up until now I've read all the negative posts about Australia and just let it slide off my back. You are allowed not to like it here and you're allowed to post what you want... but so am I. In fact, I was actually DEFENDING those Poms that do like to have a whinge when OZnumba1 got annoyed over it.

You don't like Australia? Fine. But don't attack those of us who are Australian and proud. We are entitled to our opinions too.

I think you are the stereotype Aussie to be honest Oznumba1, I find that if you say anything that you dislike about Australia aussies think you are saying you hate the place which in most cases is not true, Oz works for some and not for others, personally I prefer the UK more than Oz but I do not “hate” Oz just think that England is a better Country as you think Australia is a better Country, you will never convince me as I will never convince you….folk are different……live and let live.

I totally agree with what you're saying here Earlswood... but I think the fact the the title of this thread starts with 'I HATE Australia' is kinda what got OZnumba1 to reply.

:wink:

Guest JoanneHattersley
I don't see a problem with Australia being proud of itself.

Me neither!!! The fact that Aussies are proud and patriotic is a major PLUS for this country I think! How many times have we all heard in the UK that we cant be patriotic for fear of offending the masses!!!!!! No red arrows at 2012 Olympics for example as it is "too british"

The fact that Oz is proud of itself is fantastic.

The fact that Oz stands up for what it believes in is fantastic.

I think the overall point is that quite a few people go home so if this is such a lucky country why is it not lucky for them. I do not believe that it is just that they do not fit in there is more to it than that and this is not such a lucky country as you say. New Zealand rates higher in the world survey on countires to live in than Australia and is that because of the people I wonder and how they make life their as we all know their economy is not the greatest.

People go home for a variety of reasons. I think Tim has a thread on this very same subject running at the moment. Some people go back because they miss people. I have friends that are in OZ and previously worked in Saudi. They have been away from UK for over 20 years! They went home to renew wedding vows and see family and realised that they had missed a lot of life! They are now packing up their house to leave next year! To me that is crazy! To them it is perfection! Who are we to judge or criticise?? If it makes that individual happy then in my eyes it is a good thing! Whether we believe it is or not!

Some people have crazy preconceived ideas of what Oz is going to be like when they get here, when it doesnt meet their expectations they go back to UK. My FIL (when he got here for 1st time) said "oh, you have everything here then" to which we laughed....."Yeah running water and everything!!!!"

Why does it bother so many of you why people are going back to UK? You need to look at yourselves and ask "Why am I coming and what do I want when I get there!?" Only you will know how you will settle. My OH thought that I would not settle here (or that it would take me a while at least!) I settled quicker than him!! LOL!

PS: And all this from a POM!!! LOL!

It seems most of those who hate OZ have moved to Perth, l don't know why so many want to live in Perth which is just a large mining town in the middle of nowhere ,surrounded by thousands of miles of nothingness, of course you would get bored after a couple of years there, thats why OZ with a population of 20 million, 19 million live in the eastern states and only 1 million in Perth and W.A.

It seems most of those who hate OZ have moved to Perth, l don't know why so many want to live in Perth which is just a large mining town in the middle of nowhere ,surrounded by thousands of miles of nothingness, of course you would get bored after a couple of years there, thats why OZ with a population of 20 million, 19 million live in the eastern states and only 1 million in Perth and W.A.

Thats probably why - quite a natural state away from it, I wouldn't move to Perth. Crikey its a 4hr flight to get anywhere!

Thats probably why - quite a natural state away from it, I wouldn't move to Perth. Crikey its a 4hr flight to get anywhere!

Have you moved Timbo?, Thught Safety Bay was in the Perth area , dropped yr guard mate Safety Bay and surrounding area are there went yesterday so I presume you are not

Mally

Guest Working to fish
Have you moved Timbo?, Thught Safety Bay was in the Perth area , dropped yr guard mate Safety Bay and surrounding area are there went yesterday so I presume you are not

Mally

What the heck ,

1st we find out earls is not in oz ,

and now it sounds like the father of pio is also unsure of his where abouts ,

whats the world coming to.

lmao

eddie:wink:

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Before we take this any further.

Tim lives in Rockingham "without the castle"

Safety Bay is in Rockingham.

Tim was being sarcastic when he wrote this.

Guest Working to fish
Before we take this any further.

Tim lives in Rockingham "without the castle"

Safety Bay is in Rockingham.

Tim was being sarcastic when he wrote this.

Mm how do we know you are not bluffing , lmao

ok lets stop now lol

eddie:tongue:

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Mm how do we know you are not bluffing , lmao

ok lets stop now lol

eddie:tongue:

tis a simple google search

Guest lovediving

Bexta,

I had to laugh at myself when reading your post, maybe the examples were not explaining what I was trying to say properly.

My point was all the TV, media always on a daily basis talk about australia this and australia that in a proud way, and that is fine, it is good to be proud but I have never heard so much of it to an extreme. I have lived in the UK all my life and travelled many places and this place is unique in terms of that sort of media. It does my head in to be honest.

However, you are correct I do not have to like it and I can choose to leave which is what I am doing and am lucky that I am able to.

Australia in my opinion has very little to be proud of apart from having beautiful beaches and scenery but then it was stolen from the original people of this land wasn't it. Yep they should be real proud of the fact that they are westernised and living on the coasts of Australia while the real people of this land live in the middle of the outback with bottle shops to keep them occupied, but then again considering all Australians originate from Europe in one way or another, where do they get off with their attitude towards Poms as you call us !

To me it is all too bizarre.

So your point then is that those who go back to the UK, do so because they don't get enough sport coverage from their homeland?!? I'm not naive and I'm not saying Australians are the most multicultural people on Earth, but we're not that bad in the scheme of things. I'm pretty sure that the Premier League gets mentioned on atleast one of the major news channels after the weekend and I'm also pretty sure that SBS or the ABC covers the rest. Or if you want more buy Foxtel. I've lived in Scotland, England and the USA and I can count on one hand the times that I heard anything about Australia mentioned on their news Channels. In fact whilst I was in England this year and the Olympics were on I didn't hear about anything else BUT how the Brits did in that day, not how Australia did (except when it came to Britain being above Oz on the medal tally), not New Zealand, no one else but the Brits... but you know what? THAT IS FINE! I expected that because I was living in Britain and who else would they want to report about but their own sports stars!?:shocked:

I don't see a problem with Australia being proud of itself. Why should we do full coverage of the football teams in the UK or the rugby in New Zealand? Our half an hour news programs would run to an hour if we tried to cover all the home sports of people living in this country.

And who else would Woolworths try to target themselves as?! "We're woolworths, the fresh food and ready packed meal company, who are Australian but cater for the British and Asian people too"...?? I think you've been expecting a little too much from Australia lovediving.

Like I've said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is why up until now I've read all the negative posts about Australia and just let it slide off my back. You are allowed not to like it here and you're allowed to post what you want... but so am I. In fact, I was actually DEFENDING those Poms that do like to have a whinge when OZnumba1 got annoyed over it.

You don't like Australia? Fine. But don't attack those of us who are Australian and proud. We are entitled to our opinions too.

Guest guest17301
Bexta,

I had to laugh at myself when reading your post, maybe the examples were not explaining what I was trying to say properly.

My point was all the TV, media always on a daily basis talk about australia this and australia that in a proud way, and that is fine, it is good to be proud but I have never heard so much of it to an extreme. I have lived in the UK all my life and travelled many places and this place is unique in terms of that sort of media. It does my head in to be honest.

However, you are correct I do not have to like it and I can choose to leave which is what I am doing and am lucky that I am able to.

Australia in my opinion has very little to be proud of apart from having beautiful beaches and scenery but then it was stolen from the original people of this land wasn't it. Yep they should be real proud of the fact that they are westernised and living on the coasts of Australia while the real people of this land live in the middle of the outback with bottle shops to keep them occupied, but then again considering all Australians originate from Europe in one way or another, where do they get off with their attitude towards Poms as you call us !

To me it is all too bizarre.

You do sound quite bitter. There are not many of the 'original' inhabitants of a land in many countries. And plenty of societies have disadvantaged minorities. What about the gypsies in the UK and Ireland-they live on the fringes of society, see also Romania. Oz has as much to be proud of as the Uk I reckon. But that's just my opinion. Your judgement is bound to be clouded if you hate the place.

What I meant to say ahem is that if I was after the fast life of a big city I wouldn't have chosen Perth as my first point of call! Natural state as in lots of bush out of the city and not alot else.

Guest lovediving
You do sound quite bitter. There are not many of the 'original' inhabitants of a land in many countries. And plenty of societies have disadvantaged minorities. What about the gypsies in the UK and Ireland-they live on the fringes of society, see also Romania. Oz has as much to be proud of as the Uk I reckon. But that's just my opinion. Your judgement is bound to be clouded if you hate the place.

Fiona, it is nothing to do with whether I am bitter or not.

When you say "there are a number of disadvantaged minorities" in many countries, are those disadvantaged minorities the original people of the land and the fact that as you say other countries do it, definately does not make it right or should be considered the norm.

Sorry but if you think it is OK for this to happen as it happens in other countries well that just is not right.

I have seen hardly any aboriginal people since I have been in Australia and that is because they are living in the middle of nowhere and have no opportunities to get on, I never knew the full extent of this until I came here. But you know what you dont have to listen to me the whole world knows about it as it is a fact and cannot be denied unless somebody can tell me otherwise.

Archived