When to go?

Aussiebird

I thought that the Australian government had issued a "forgiveness" rule on the activation date for people who haven't been able to travel to activate visas due to COVID. Essentially making your activation date anytime up to the expiration of the visa.

Has this changed?

Edited by Ausvisitor

On 13/07/2020 at 22:21, Reboz said:

Will let you know this week...we are flying tomorrow with emirates all being well 🤞🏻 So will be able to give more Info on here once we get there xx

Just thought I would update with some more info. We flew into Perth yesterday with Emirates from Heathrow. The flight was absolutely fine- from Dubai to Perth it was almost empty I’m guessing due to the capping of numbers. All really straightforward at the airport and very well organised. We have been put into the Novotel on Murray st. Travelling with two young kids and have got a 2 bed suite with plenty of space. Think we were lucky and have not had to pay I think that’s coming into force for arrivals landing from Friday. My mum is due to move over also and has booked with emirates for mid August. When she called that was the last flight they said they were scheduling so I don’t know what their plan is long term. We are really pleased to be here it’s a bit of a relief as we have been up in the air for the last few months with selling house, leaving jobs and then covid so super happy we’ve made it xx

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 3

7 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I thought that the Australian government had issued a "forgiveness" rule on the activation date for people who haven't been able to travel to activate visas due to COVID. Essentially making your activation date anytime up to the expiration of the visa.

Has this changed?

I think I heard something of the sort, however it doesn't help people who have left their activation till the last minute and now have to get here before their visa expiry date.   Judging by how many posts I've seen here and elsewhere, a surprising number of people get their visa granted, activate it, and then delay the move for five years.  

8 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Ironic given that the child’s lower cost is for meals! Can’t see an 18 yr old, or a 16 yr old being happy with child size meals. They should be double The adult price to acknowledge the hollow leg syndrome that afflicts most teens! LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reboz said:

Just thought I would update with some more info. We flew into Perth yesterday with Emirates from Heathrow. The flight was absolutely fine- from Dubai to Perth it was almost empty I’m guessing due to the capping of numbers. All really straightforward at the airport and very well organised. We have been put into the Novotel on Murray st. Travelling with two young kids and have got a 2 bed suite with plenty of space. Think we were lucky and have not had to pay I think that’s coming into force for arrivals landing from Friday. My mum is due to move over also and has booked with emirates for mid August. When she called that was the last flight they said they were scheduling so I don’t know what their plan is long term. We are really pleased to be here it’s a bit of a relief as we have been up in the air for the last few months with selling house, leaving jobs and then covid so super happy we’ve made it xx

Congratulations and welcome to Australia, hopefully your qaurantine goes as quick as ours did. The food gets abit boring after a while but we just got a few takeaways in. Also our youngest who is 4 didnt eat much so we just ordered some shopping in and got her dome cereal etc.

I am struggling now doing our 14day self isolation in Adelaide knowing that I can walk out of the door if I wanted to. Haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Thanks Ali, I need to find out which airlines are flying to Perth. 

There was a Qatar flight arrived today and none scheduled for tomorrow.  If you look on Perth airport international arrivals - you can see which flights are arriving.  I think they're limited to only 3 times a week 

10 minutes ago, ali said:

There was a Qatar flight arrived today and none scheduled for tomorrow.  If you look on Perth airport international arrivals - you can see which flights are arriving.  I think they're limited to only 3 times a week 

They are limited to 525 international arrivals per week (across all airlines) at the moment because of rooms in quarantine hotels, is what I read elsewhere on this forum

35 minutes ago, ali said:

Have just checked, but cant tell where the flight left the UK (which airport).  Just says its from Doha.

38 minutes ago, ali said:

We flew into Perth yesterday with Emirates. They have one flight a week 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Reboz said:

We flew into Perth yesterday with Emirates. They have one flight a week 

Thanks hun,  So pleased you arrived safely.

I have just called Emirates, they told me from 1st September there will be daily flights to Perth from LHR/LGW and A380's will be in use again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Thanks hun,  So pleased you arrived safely.

I have just called Emirates, they told me from 1st September there will be daily flights to Perth from LHR/LGW and A380's will be in use again.

That depends if Australia lifts the restriction on numbers arriving