When to go?

Aussiebird

On 12/07/2020 at 09:32, Aussiebird said:

We have accepted an offer on our house (yesterday) so hopefully we will be there by the end of the year.

It looks like further cap on arrivals into WA? Anyone heard about this recently please? 

TIA xx

Will let you know this week...we are flying tomorrow with emirates all being well 🤞🏻 So will be able to give more Info on here once we get there xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reboz said:

Will let you know this week...we are flying tomorrow with emirates all being well 🤞🏻 So will be able to give more Info on here once we get there xx

Awe thanks hun,  best of luck, hope all goes well for you.  Do you know the name of the hotel you are going to and how much they are charging for quarantine?

Thanks hun. Xx

10 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Awe thanks hun,  best of luck, hope all goes well for you.  Do you know the name of the hotel you are going to and how much they are charging for quarantine?

Thanks hun. Xx

No idea! I don’t think we will know until we land...also we go into quarantine on Wednesday and they start charging on Friday so not sure if we will have to pay for part of ours or if we’ve Just missed it. Will let you know any info when I get it xx great news on the house bet your excited to get things moving x

My family need to activate our PR and need to travel next month but there are no flights to Melbourne at this point till the 10th of Aug with Emirate, Qatar and Ethiad.

Does anyone know if Victoria is charging for the 14days self isolation? I also so confused by this 4000 people cap, are airlines selling tickets with that in mind or they are just selling and not caring what happens to you ahead? How does one know if they are within the 4000?

Please help as I'm ready to book our tickets but don't want a second cancellation. We are still waiting for a refund from qantas since they cancelled our first tickets. 

1 hour ago, Brenmav said:

My family need to activate our PR and need to travel next month but there are no flights to Melbourne at this point till the 10th of Aug with Emirate, Qatar and Ethiad.

Does anyone know if Victoria is charging for the 14days self isolation? I also so confused by this 4000 people cap, are airlines selling tickets with that in mind or they are just selling and not caring what happens to you ahead? How does one know if they are within the 4000?

Please help as I'm ready to book our tickets but don't want a second cancellation. We are still waiting for a refund from qantas since they cancelled our first tickets. 

No flights into Victoria at the moment, they’re in serious lockdown. Can’t you activate by landing in another state? How long were you thinking of staying because these really aren’t the times to be traveling unless you absolutely have to. 

2 hours ago, Brenmav said:

I also so confused by this 4000 people cap, are airlines selling tickets with that in mind or they are just selling and not caring what happens to you ahead? How does one know if they are within the 4000?

Melbourne is in lockdown, that's why there are no flights. 

Currently the cap is causing confusion but they're going to have to come up with a system to handle it, as they can't just keep cancelling wholesale.  Currently they're giving priority to business class passengers (to maximise the income on these nearly-empty flights) so if you book economy, there's  a chance you could get bumped. 

If you're just activating then you can go to any state AFAIK

10 hours ago, Quoll said:

No flights into Victoria at the moment, they’re in serious lockdown. Can’t you activate by landing in another state? How long were you thinking of staying because these really aren’t the times to be traveling unless you absolutely have to. 

Thank you for your response, very helpful indeed, so we have been looking for information on which states are not charging quarantine fees, can anyone help?

11 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Melbourne is in lockdown, that's why there are no flights. 

Currently the cap is causing confusion but they're going to have to come up with a system to handle it, as they can't just keep cancelling wholesale.  Currently they're giving priority to business class passengers (to maximise the income on these nearly-empty flights) so if you book economy, there's  a chance you could get bumped. 

If you're just activating then you can go to any state AFAIK

Thank you Marisa for the response, also very informative, however, we definitely can not afford  buying business class, so we hope the information will become clearer and hope the process will be done fairly.

•  
Edited by Brenmav

@Aussiebird  

Hotel Accommodation

The Perth hotels currently being used for quarantine include the:

• Novotel Murray,

• Westin,

• Intercontinental,

• Holiday Inn

• Mecure, and

• Hyatt Regency.

• Like 1

Sorry i said activate but we are going there permanently as opposed to just going to activate the visas and come back to the UK. yes we might need to fly to a different state and quarantine there before moving to our final destination😪.

Does anyone know which states are not yet charging for quarintine? 

Edited by Brenmav

3 minutes ago, Brenmav said:

Sorry i said activate but we are going there permanantly as opposed to just going to activate the visas and come back to the UK. yes we might need to fly to a different state and quarantine there before moving to our final destination😪.

Does anyone know which states are not yet charging for quarintine? 

Not sure but know that  WA will start charging from Friday, NSW and SA charging from Saturday,

52 minutes ago, ali said:

Costs for WA $2,5020 1 adult, $3,360 2 adults, $5, 040 family of 4, Children U 6 not charged for meals.  

You get an invoice at the end and pay within 30 days.

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/paying-hotel-quarantine-wa-frequently-asked-questions

Thanks Ali, doesn't say what age a child goes up to? So for us it's 2 adults and a 16 year old, does that mean we would have to pay 3x$2,5020? Or $3,360 plus $2,5020?

If we get charged per adult becasue there is 3 of us then it works out more expensive than 4 people!! This is such a lot of money to find!!

It's not like it's a holiday at the hotel!! 

Edited by Aussiebird

Don’t think there are any states that aren’t charging. If you’re heading for Victoria you’d probably be better heading for an eastern state. It’s probably going to cost much the same wherever you go but you probably won’t get much change from $5-6k

4 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Thanks Ali, doesn't say what age a child goes up to? So for us it's 2 adults and a 16 year old, does that mean we would have to pay 3x$2,5020? Or $3,360 plus $2,5020?

If we get charged per adult becasue there is 3 of us then it works out more expensive than 4 people!! This is such a lot of money to find!!

If you look at this website.    uk.embassy.gov.au

Go to COVID19 FAQ's, and it lists all quarantine charges and other relevant info state by state.

11 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

My assumption would be that an adult would be classed at 18 (hopefully) as 16 is still school age.

Hi guys, I'm new to the Group. I'm actually a Malaysian, migrated to Melbourne 4 years ago so feel free to ask any questions about life here and I'll help if I can.  I'm in this thread because I have my own particular worry.  Like many of you who are planning to fly over, my daughter also needs to come back from London as her Aussie travel visa would be expiring soon. I read this morning that Qantas just stopped all its international flights. Can I just ask which airlines still fly the London- Melb route? I've tried googling but it's confusing and I dunno if their info is updated. So if anyone has any insights to this question, it's appreciated. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Melbie59 said:

Can I just ask which airlines still fly the London- Melb route?

None. Melbourne airports aren't taking any flights at the moment due to the spike in coronavirus cases.  I'm assuming they won't reopen until the spike is over.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

None. Melbourne airports aren't taking any flights at the moment due to the spike in coronavirus cases.  I'm assuming they won't reopen until the spike is over.

Yes, that's temporary and I expect flights here to resume in mid august if all goes well here. I just wish to know which airlines still fly to Melb. I think Qatar still does. Are there many others? I'm just concerned that there are not many options left.

1 hour ago, Melbie59 said:

Yes, that's temporary and I expect flights here to resume in mid august if all goes well here. I just wish to know which airlines still fly to Melb. I think Qatar still does. Are there many others? I'm just concerned that there are not many options left.

As has been said - none. Melbourne is locked down for as long as the spike takes. When things open up then eventually all airlines will be using it just like they used to.