AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, andrewajp002 said:

Hi all

I don't get on here as much as I would like, general life and work has taken over and its starting to feel like home now (after 4 years), I have just started my citizenship application and embarrassingly as an IT worker I fell for a stupid non government website to start the process and later found out it was not a registered site and charged me $160 just to download the forms,  doh.

Word of warning, the only 2 ways to apply for citizenship is either through a registered agent or through the government website (immi account) for $285, i learnt the hard way.

OK, now for my real reason for the post 😉 I do not have access to a birth certificate, can you still complete the citizen application without one?  I more then cover the minimum 100 points requirement without it, I have a UK passport and drivers licence, bank account, rental lease, medicare card, car insurance / rego etc. 

It would be a pain to have to get a birth certificate from the UK and would make life sooo much easier if I didn't have to 🙂

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Hi it seems to be possible to submit an application without a birth certificate.

Taken from immi website:  https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

Evidence of date of birth and any changes of name

Provide a full birth certificate that shows your parents' names. If you cannot give us a birth certificate, provide a family or household registration document or any other collection of documents issued to you prior to your arrival in Australia that collectively confirm your identity from birth

Documents showing evidence of a change of name include:

• an official (non-commemorative) marriage or divorce certificate
  • change of name documents from an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, or the relevant overseas authority
  • other official documents that show links between names you have been known by

Congrats. dear.  What was the date of your test?  Can you guide us or highlight the reasons why the department take so much time to approve.  Thanks

Applied online June 2018
Council Brisbane
Test May 2019
Approval September 2019
Ceremony TBA

No idea why it took so long between test and approval, no additional information requested.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,
can anyone tell me how can i prove evidence of first arrivel to Australia. Thanks mate 

Use Form 1359 to request travel movements and use as your evidence if you don’t have a stamp in your passport. I only uploaded mine after my test so I’m not sure it was even looked at-but it was a tick in a box
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1359.pdf
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

Use Form 1359 to request travel movements and use as your evidence if you don’t have a stamp in your passport. I only uploaded mine after my test so I’m not sure it was even looked at-but it was a tick in a box
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1359.pdf

Dear Loud, 

Thanks for your help. I have the stamp on my passport. Now what i need to know is if i just take a photo of that particular page, will it be ok? Does it make them sense that that date was originally connected to applicant first arrival date? How did you upload it?

Thanks 

35 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

Now what i need to know is if i just take a photo of that particular page, will it be ok? Does it make them sense that that date was originally connected to applicant first arrival date? How did you upload it?

It should be fine, immi knows your first date or arrival anyway. They asked me at the interview what my first date was, but didn't ask to see my passport or what. As if it was just a test question 🙂

• Thanks 1

Dear Loud, 
Thanks for your help. I have the stamp on my passport. Now what i need to know is if i just take a photo of that particular page, will it be ok? Does it make them sense that that date was originally connected to applicant first arrival date? How did you upload it?
 Thanks 

My OH had a stamp in their passport so I said the evidence was Passport, I didn’t upload a picture of the stamp. They were recently approved so there was no objection to how it was done.

Hi all !

My Citizenship application details below:

Date applied- 24/08/2019
City/Council area -Adelaide
Online / Paper -Online
Date received the acknowledgement email -24/08/2019
Add infor req received (overseas police clearance): 24/09/2019 - submitted the same day
Test invite received :26/09/2019
Date of the Citizenship Test 11/12/2019
Date of ceremony: Waiting 

Im trying to reschedule my test date but am unable to. I see there are appointments on the calendar available but i cannot see the time slots. I can only see time slots fpr appointments that are past my test date ( after 11 dec)

By any chance are we allowed to prepone the test date. From what i read here, people were able to do it but somehow i'm unable to do so. just wondering if any of you had a similar issue or im doing anything wrong .

thanks in advance

1 hour ago, mbinadl said:

Hi all !

My Citizenship application details below:

Date applied- 24/08/2019
City/Council area -Adelaide
Online / Paper -Online
Date received the acknowledgement email -24/08/2019
Add infor req received (overseas police clearance): 24/09/2019 - submitted the same day
Test invite received :26/09/2019
Date of the Citizenship Test 11/12/2019
Date of ceremony: Waiting 

Im trying to reschedule my test date but am unable to. I see there are appointments on the calendar available but i cannot see the time slots. I can only see time slots fpr appointments that are past my test date ( after 11 dec)

By any chance are we allowed to prepone the test date. From what i read here, people were able to do it but somehow i'm unable to do so. just wondering if any of you had a similar issue or im doing anything wrong .

thanks in advance

I haven't heard of this happening before and know of a few individuals that have very recently been able to prepone their test but they were from either Melbourne or Sydney. Not sure why Adelaide would make a difference. Hopefully they haven't just decided to not allow preponing tests. Congrats on the quick test invite email though.

In regards to the requested overseas police clearance, was it requested because you were in a certain country for more than 90 days and outside of Australia for more than 12 months, or did they just randomly ask for it? Also, what country were you originally from if you don't mind answering of course?

1 hour ago, 07Nov2017 said:

Any one still here from 2017????

Not from 2017, I'm a 2019er, but I recently heard that a 2017 applicant withdrew their application and reapplied this past December. Their new application was then recently approved this August I believe and they have been invited to a ceremony in a month or so. So much for processing applications in order. So sorry that your application seems to have been neglected.

2 hours ago, Ausa0000 said:

Congrats on the quick test invite email though.

In regards to the requested overseas police clearance, was it requested because you were in a certain country for more than 90 days and outside of Australia for more than 12 months, or did they just randomly ask for it? Also, what country were you originally from if you don't mind answering of course?

Thanks Ausa0000! I was able to prepone my appointment to 9th oct 🙂 

Im from India and had traveled for approx 300 days to India spreading across 5 trips. So they had requested an overseas PCC, which i had arranged in advance & submitted within an hour they requested. And i was not out of Australia more than an year in the past 4 years.

4 hours ago, seabreeze99 said:

Hi,

Anyone waiting for ceremony invitation in Brisbane?

Anyone received invitation for October ceremony? 

Yes I’m waiting for Brisbane. Applied April 2018 and took test June 2019. How do you know when the ceremonies are?

Check your local council website for ceremony details or give them a call if the ceremonies are not listed on line.  

I tried. They are not online (although other councils display theirs) and when I called they just said we’d get letters for whichever ceremony we are invited to.
My OH is away at the end of October for work and they are trying to plan a two week work trip in November and so even if we or the council don’t know yet whether we are scheduled for attending this one, the trip hadn’t been booked yet so that date could be avoided ‘just in case’. It’s maddening that we are trying to work around these things and can’t. I’m guessing the one after that will be Australia Day and I am supposed to be away for work [emoji31]

It’s been a week and mine still says ‘received’ ☹️
Wife and daughters moved to approved within minutes.
I phoned to ask about this (without giving any of my details) and said the interviewer said they would progress together because the applications are linked.
The lady on the phone was very helpful and said this wasn’t exactly true. Each application is assessed independently and may get approved at different times. However neither will progress to the citizenship ceremony stage until they are both approved. That’s the point where they link, not before.
She didn’t have my details but said there should be no reason to worry and to just be patient. It’ll get approved but the department has no clear timeline for the stage of taking a test to approval.
Being patient is difficult....

I’M APPROVED! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Applied online: 22/03/2019
Test invite: 24/06/2019
Test appointment date: 13/09/2019 (for both wife and I at same time as I linked the applications)
Test taken: 13/09/2019 @ 3.30pm in Melbourne CBD. 
Both passed 100%. I went first, wife went about 10 mins after.

Wife and Daughter approved immediately: 13/09/2019

Me approved: 30/09/2019

After all the crap we went through with my initial 457 and then PR with the government changing the goal posts for eligibility, age etc, to say I’m ecstatic would be an understatement!! [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 4