AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

It's frustrating to see people applying this year and already having been approved. I don't understand why they're not just processed in order. I thought mine was a pretty straight forward case.

Great that you've been approved. When's your ceremony?

Haha-not heard about a ceremony yet... I don’t expect it any time this year!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LAG said:

Hi KazBaker,

Yes children born to PR parents are citizens. I know this firsthand, my daughter was born after I got PR. She already has her citizenship certificate and passport. Info here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/certificate/get-a-certificate#Eligibility The application process is very easy and quick. I got the certificate within a couple of days. With that you can then apply for a passport if that is what you need.

The question is if you need to update your citizenship application after your son is born?  Maybe call the department and check this with them.

Cheers.

Dear LAG,

Thanks for your valuable information.

should i apply the “Evidence of citizenship” once  baby is born with the birth certificate? thanks 

cheers !

1 hour ago, KazBaker said:

Dear LAG,

Thanks for your valuable information.

should i apply the “Evidence of citizenship” once  baby is born with the birth certificate? thanks 

cheers !

Hi, yes you apply after the baby is born and you have the birth certificate. But that certificate I think is only needed for the passport. So you don't need to rush, unless you are planning to get a passport for your son. Things like medicare and so on can be done with the birth certificate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAG said:

Hi, yes you apply after the baby is born and you have the birth certificate. But that certificate I think is only needed for the passport. So you don't need to rush, unless you are planning to get a passport for your son. Things like medicare and so on can be done with the birth certificate.

Thanks a lot dear LAG. Good on yah

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rvee said:

Hi friends

i m new in this forum.

recently i have lodged my citizenship. I just wanted to know which is best site where i can prepare myself for citizenship test.

help would appreciated.

thank you 

You can download apps on smart phone. simply type citizenship test and you find heaps of practice test which would be enough to get you prepared.

3 hours ago, Rvee said:

Hi friends

i m new in this forum.

recently i have lodged my citizenship. I just wanted to know which is best site where i can prepare myself for citizenship test.

help would appreciated.

thank you 

I tried about 5 apps and this one the best, you have to pay $4 to unlock all the questions but I’d say it’s worth it!

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/australia-citizenship-test/id543949259

6 minutes ago, andrewajp002 said:

I submitted my application just now, hopefully it wont take long 🙂

As for the app for the test, does anyone know if there is a similar one for windows or android?

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/australia-citizenship-test/id543949259

Thanks

Andrew

Yep

All the app questions available online for free: https://citizenshiptests.org/australian-citizenship-test/

(you can even do 'marathon' tests of all the questions in one go)

Also an Android version of the app available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.northpole.world.citizenshiptest.australia.free&hl=en

2 hours ago, millski88 said:

Yep

All the app questions available online for free: https://citizenshiptests.org/australian-citizenship-test/

(you can even do 'marathon' tests of all the questions in one go)

Also an Android version of the app available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.northpole.world.citizenshiptest.australia.free&hl=en

many thanks for that, though looking at the processing times I have plenty of time to practice 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lasanga Herath said:

*****UPDATE******

City/Council area - CITY OF CASEY
Online / Paper - ONLINE
Date of Application - 16-AUG-2019
Date of email - 21-Nov-2019

it appears the turnaround time for letter is now 3 months. The test date is March 2020

That's super quick.

Just to note though, we could never claim a specific 'turnaround time' across the board for any part of the application. For you it was 3 months, for the next application it could be a lot longer, or shorter, no one knows!

Hi friend 

yesterday i have got appointment letter. And my test date was 21feb2020. But as soon as i get that letter straight way i tried to change it . Luckily i got 23/10/2019 for test.

i applied online on 10/08/2019

got appointment letter on 21/10/2019 Melbourne hume council.

thanks

• Congratulations 2

20 hours ago, Lasanga Herath said:

*****UPDATE******

City/Council area - CITY OF CASEY
Online / Paper - ONLINE
Date of Application - 16-AUG-2019
Date of email - 21-Nov-2019

it appears the turnaround time for letter is now 3 months. The test date is March 2020

19 hours ago, millski88 said:

That's super quick.

Just to note though, we could never claim a specific 'turnaround time' across the board for any part of the application. For you it was 3 months, for the next application it could be a lot longer, or shorter, no one knows!

millski88 is correct. Only Melbourne based applicants seem to be getting test invites as early as 2-3 months. Most applicants from other states and regional areas are still waiting on average around 7-9 months to receive a test invite. Although test dates are usually scheduled many months in the future, Melbourne applicants have the benefit of faster processing since they are receiving faster test invites and can try to prepone their test to a much earlier date.

Hi everyone, 

I have a question regarding my online citizenship application. If you could help me out, I'd be much obliged. 

Which occupation should I list under "Occupation (ANZSCO)":

• my current one (I am a full-time STUDENT receiving Centrelink Ausstudy allowance) OR
  • the one that got assessed for my PR (EXTERNAL AUDITOR).  I worked for 3 years in corporate finance/accounting before deciding to change career direction and going back to uni.

Thanks heaps! 

18 hours ago, Georgiegie said:

Hi everyone, 

I have a question regarding my online citizenship application. If you could help me out, I'd be much obliged. 

Which occupation should I list under "Occupation (ANZSCO)":

• my current one (I am a full-time STUDENT receiving Centrelink Ausstudy allowance) OR
  • the one that got assessed for my PR (EXTERNAL AUDITOR).  I worked for 3 years in corporate finance/accounting before deciding to change career direction and going back to uni.

Thanks heaps! 

Current one. I don't see a reason to put your previous one as there's nothing riding on you still being in the job you got PR on, especially 3 years later. You're allowed to be a full time student, aren't you?

I'll let others chime in of course!

Edited by millski88
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, millski88 said:

Current one. I don't see a reason to put your previous one as there's nothing riding on you still being in the job you got PR on, especially 3 years later. You're allowed to be a full time student, aren't you?

I'll let others chime in of course!

Thanks mate, that was my first guess but it never hurts to double check, I guess... 

************************   UPDATE  ******************************

Date of Application: August 4 2019

citizenship Test invitation date: Oct 18 2019

Test Date : 21 Feb 2020

Changed Test Date: 23 OCT 2019

Date of Approval : 23 OCT 2019

Ceremony Date: waiting

Thank you everyone on the forum, received great guidance here. Hope everyone gets their approval quickly.

• Like 1

HI FRIENDS

Date of Application: August 10 2019

citizenship Test invitation date: Oct  21 2019

Test passed but still shows in immi account RECEIVED 

anyone knows why ?

thanks

29 minutes ago, Rvee said:

HI FRIENDS

Date of Application: August 10 2019

citizenship Test invitation date: Oct  21 2019

Test passed but still shows in immi account RECEIVED 

anyone knows why ?

thanks

Hi Rvee, congratulations on passing the test!

The interview and test are just part of the assessment process, not necessarily the last steps on the process. Usually after the interview case officers request a police clearance from the Australian Federal Police (they do that, you don't need to do anything). Maybe in your case they are just waiting for that. 

Hopefully the application gets approved soon! cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1