AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 16/11/2019 at 11:41, stevie129 said:

Hi guys

I can not find my expired passport to show proof of first entry into Australia. 

Is this proof really required to show them? Surely they would see when I first made entry in their system? 

All I have is the original expired 457 visa grant notification. The expired passport would have only had the date of entry stamped on it.

Thanks

stop stressing, its an expired passport, its all on file entries and exits .. and what visa you hold... do not waste time and money  as above asking for the initial entry request... you have your initial visa grant, upload it and give the first date of entry to Australia.  they have it all to hand.  I never gave my expired passport or my valid UK passport... and just advised them of entry. they were ok with it. 

Call up the immigration help line they will more then likely tell you the same. 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys
I can not find my expired passport to show proof of first entry into Australia. 

Is this proof really required to show them? Surely they would see when I first made entry in their system? 
All I have is the original expired 457 visa grant notification. The expired passport would have only had the date of entry stamped on it.
Thanks

I didn’t have a stamp in my passport as I went through the electronic gates. I requested evidence via form 1359 but didn’t upload it until the evening after my test and wasn’t asked for it. Mine is approved. Don’t panic, they do know so as long as the date ties up with what you have stated it should be fine!
  • Thanks 1

Hi Guys ,

I received an email from DOHA for citizenship but that doesn,t give me option for re-schedule.

My timeline as follows

Application Submitted : 29 January 2019

Additional Doc Requested: 15 November 2019

Test Date Received             : 08 January 2020  (No link regarding re-schedule)

So whats your recommendation?

Regards

Rizwan

Date applied                                                                30/07/2019

City/Council area                                                        Brisbane

Date of the Citizenship Test                                      13/11/2019 (rescheduled from 08/01/2020)                     

Date of Approval                                                          13/11/2019

Date of Ceremony                                                       TBA

Anyone else waiting for ceremony in Brisbane? Finger crossed that I can have mine in Australia Day.

13 hours ago, RIZWA said:

Hi Guys ,

I received an email from DOHA for citizenship but that doesn,t give me option for re-schedule.

My timeline as follows

Application Submitted : 29 January 2019

Additional Doc Requested: 15 November 2019

Test Date Received             : 08 January 2020  (No link regarding re-schedule)

So whats your recommendation?

Regards

Rizwan

Hi Rizwan.

You will received another email with the appointment details quite possibly withing 2-3 days. That email will contain the link that you can reschedule the exam if you wish to.

thanks

16 minutes ago, Lasanga Herath said:

Hi Rizwan.

You will received another email with the appointment details quite possibly withing 2-3 days. That email will contain the link that you can reschedule the exam if you wish to.

thanks

Hi Lasanga,

Nope, Email contains all the test dates and required documentation for interview and test. i believe i cannot reschedule it.

thanks

34 minutes ago, littledumpling said:

Date applied                                                                30/07/2019

City/Council area                                                        Brisbane

Date of the Citizenship Test                                      13/11/2019 (rescheduled from 08/01/2020)                     

Date of Approval                                                          13/11/2019

Anyone else waiting for ceremony in Brisbane? Finger crossed that I can have mine in Australia Day.

When did you receive your test invite?

14 minutes ago, RIZWA said:

Hi Lasanga,

Nope, Email contains all the test dates and required documentation for interview and test. i believe i cannot reschedule it.

thanks

Hi Rizwa,

Are you in a regional area? maybe this is the reason why you can't change the appointment. You can always try giving them a call and see if they can help you.

Good luck!

Yes, myself and OH are both waiting for Brisbane ceremony, one approved in July and the other September (applications not linked).
I mentioned further up that Brisbane don’t send the invites, they only provide the location for the ceremonies-DOHA organise them.

1 hour ago, LouDYorkie said:

Yes, myself and OH are both waiting for Brisbane ceremony, one approved in July and the other September (applications not linked).
I mentioned further up that Brisbane don’t send the invites, they only provide the location for the ceremonies-DOHA organise them.

So do we get invitations by mail only? I’m moving houses this week a bit afraid of miss the mail.

Just got the email today! Also my wife.

NO REPLY - Invitation to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony

The ceremony will be on 26 January,  I am from Monee Valley council.

Applied in June this year. Application was approved on 29 August.

Happy days!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

2 hours ago, LAG said:

Just got the email today! Also my wife.

NO REPLY - Invitation to attend an Australian citizenship ceremony

The ceremony will be on 26 January,  I am from Monee Valley council.

Applied in June this year. Application was approved on 29 August.

Happy days!

Nice! Congrats. Early invitation!

Is your ceremony due to be in the normal venue for your council, or is it a special Jan 26th one in the city, Fed Square etc?

Also, when did you get approval?

Hi All,

I had my citizenship approved in August 2019 and have been waiting for citizenship ceremony appointment. I live in Wyndham Council in Melbourne and was wondering whether any one else is in the same boat.

Also, do they send the letter by post or email? I read somewhere that the DHA sends an email as well. Is that correct?

Thanks heaps!

4 hours ago, millski88 said:

Nice! Congrats. Early invitation!

Is your ceremony due to be in the normal venue for your council, or is it a special Jan 26th one in the city, Fed Square etc?

Also, when did you get approval?

Hi thanks!

I got approved on 29 August my wife on 5 September. I think is a special 26 Jan ceremony, it is not at the usual council place. It is going to be at the Hyatt Place, this is Essendon Fields, so it is the same council but not their usual venue.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LAG said:

Hi thanks!

I got approved on 29 August my wife on 5 September. I think is a special 26 Jan ceremony, it is not at the usual council place. It is going to be at the Hyatt Place, this is Essendon Fields, so it is the same council but not their usual venue.  

That's interesting... i spoke to Moreland council yesterday and they tell me they're having a regular ceremony in Coburg on Jan 26th (with 120 applicants).

I have heard though from a Moreland resident on this forum that there are invitations for DOHA run ceremonies which are not arranged by the local council. The representative from Moreland council wasn't aware of this when i raised it with them.

Based on this, I'm still considering our invite could come from Moreland for one of their regular ceremonies, or from DOHA for a ceremony arranged by them.

• Like 1

It seems as if different councils have different processes for ceremony our local council organised a private ceremony within about two weeks. Probably because it's a regional council. Quite informal in the council offices, with the major saying our pledge in front of the queen, all done in about 10 minutes.

But soo pleased the process is over now. Good luck everyone.

Afterwards our council asked of we wouldn't mind being interviewed, see it below:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1206368852894121&id=167528130111537

Cheers

Shaun

• Congratulations 1

On 25/11/2019 at 16:56, Milano said:

My updated timeline:

Application submitted (online): 14 -Jun-2019

Citizenship appointment email: 14-Nov-2019

Citizenship appointment: 15-Nov-2019 (Rescheduled from 16-Mar-2020)

Approval (online): 25-Nov-2019

Council: City of Darebin, VIC

Nice turnaround time on your test! Home straight!

Hi there, apologies if I’m asking this in the wrong topic area! Hoping someone will be able to answer - I’m applying for citizenship ASAP as I’ve now had my PR for 1 year (and over 4 in Oz altogether).. do u know if I’ve to get NEW police Certs for countries I’ve lived in over past 10 years, or is it fine to still use those I got while applying for my PR 2 years ago? (Haven’t lived in those countries since then) 

thank you 🙂

21 hours ago, BB86 said:

Hi there, apologies if I’m asking this in the wrong topic area! Hoping someone will be able to answer - I’m applying for citizenship ASAP as I’ve now had my PR for 1 year (and over 4 in Oz altogether).. do u know if I’ve to get NEW police Certs for countries I’ve lived in over past 10 years, or is it fine to still use those I got while applying for my PR 2 years ago? (Haven’t lived in those countries since then) 

thank you 🙂

If you haven't stayed in the countries for more than 90 days after your PR application was submitted, then you do not need to submit them.

As a side note - it's also not worth arranging your own Australian police cert for this either, as the DOHA process it themselves electronically when you attend your test/interview.

Happy days.

Edited by millski88

Here's the section wording from the online application by the way, screenshot below. It's actually slightly different - it says since your PR was granted.

Maybe useful to know at your stage - you can actually preview more-or-less the whole exact application if you refer to the paper form version, here:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1300t.pdf

(see page 5 for the paper form version of overseas penal clearance wording)

image.png.95c8320819b5913cd34b586651f88bf0.png

Edited by millski88

Hello All!

I am readying my citizenship application, and I discovered this:

My birth certificate only has my initials abbreviated, while not in other docs.

Ex: Birth certificate reads A.B.Charles, while my passport and all other identity documents show my full name as Alfred Benjamin Charles. 

Will that be a problem come time for citizenship interview? Has anyone faced this problem before? Please let me know!