AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

16 hours ago, rosiedoe said:

I’ve been trying too. I applied on 7 November and have received my invite for 6 February. Wanted to reschedule for sooner but no availability at all.

You have to check all the time. Cancelled appointments come up regularly but don't stay around usually for longer than a few minutes. If you can, check the calendar at least 4-5 times a day and you'll get one.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2019 at 10:51, millski88 said:

Another thing to note is over Christmas and NY there's probably a close down of the test centres. 

Government agencies only close down for3 days of official public holidays:

• Christmas Day - Wed, Dec 25th 
  • Boxing Day - Thur, Dec 26th
  • New Year's Day - Wed, Jan 1st

They don't close down for 2 weeks like most private companies do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

On page 21 of 34 in the application form, there is a field:
Evidence of date of birth and birth name

Is Passport sufficient proof for this or is attaching a Birth certificate compulsory?

According to DoHA website:

Evidence of date of birth and any changes of name

Provide a full birth certificate that shows your parents' names. If you cannot give us a birth certificate, provide a family or household registration document or any other collection of documents issued to you prior to your arrival in Australia that collectively confirm your identity from birth

Documents showing evidence of a change of name include:

• an official (non-commemorative) marriage or divorce certificate
  • change of name documents from an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, or the relevant overseas authority
  • other official documents that show links between names you have been known by

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

5 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

On page 21 of 34 in the application form, there is a field:
Evidence of date of birth and birth name

Is Passport sufficient proof for this or is attaching a Birth certificate compulsory?

Providing birth certificate from your home country translated by a NAATI translator is compulsory.

• Thanks 1

On 04/12/2019 at 10:52, Feb2017Cook said:

Got my appointment letter today. Below is the timeline:

Applied : 01 November 2019

More docs req : 12 November 2019

Appointment letter received : 04 Dec 2019

Test Date : 03 Feb 2020 (will try to reschedule later)

Place : City of Perth, WA.

Hope this helps. 🙂

I've got my test date on the 6th February after applying early November. I received an email in which they asked for more evidence but to bring it to my interview... I found this confusing so left it a couple of days and I then received my interview/test date. Does this seem normal?

4 hours ago, benj1980 said:

I would like an earlier test date if things come up, purely because I'm impatient. On Home Affairs it simply says 'unavailable' even post my date. How often does this change and what is the likelihood of getting an earlier cancellation?

I see @Feb2017Cook is trying to do the same!

Check every day, as often as you can. You may find 3,4,5 days where you're just not seeing any appointments, then suddenly you'll catch one. It's unpredictable, but the more regularly you check the better your chance. They usually only hang around for a couple of minutes so you have to be quick!

• Like 1

Finally, my journey has come to an end!

I have just recieved an invitation by email to attend the citizenship ceremony.

My final timeline:

Application submitted (online): 14-Jun-2019

Citizenship appointment email: 14-Nov-2019

Citizenship appointment: 15-Nov-2019 (Rescheduled from 16-Mar-2020)

Approval (online): 25-Nov-2019

Citizenship ceremony invitation (via email): 09-Dec-2019

Citizenship ceremony date: 26-Jan-2020

Council: City of Darebin, VIC

The citizenship ceremony that I was invited to will be in Melbourne Showgrounds

Good luck everyone.

• Congratulations 3

Good morning everybody

i have question regarding my citizenship application if somebody could suggest please on it.

i applied my citizenship application on 7 November 2019. On some stage there was a question in online citizenship application form regarding court conviction . I answer NO. But I got in my mind that in 2010-2011 I applied for MRT( migration review tribunal) which is called AAT no. So my question is is MRT is court conviction. Should I answer YES of this question. Moreover I did not go to court regarding my MRT appeal. I withdraw the case I went back to my home country permanent. I stayed There 3 year then I came back in 2015 in Australia on another visa. Please suggest me what is that and what should I do. Should I inform them or it doesn’t matter . Thanks 

Edited by naviozz
Information chamge

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Hi @Samantha F, you'd be better off starting your own thread as this one is about citizenship - but I'll answer your question anyway.

Australia has strict rules about who can migrate.   One of you must be qualified and experienced in a job that's on a short list of Skilled Occupations, then that person applies and includes the rest of the family on their application. 

If neither of you can find your occupation on the lists, then you can't migrate. 

Even if one of you does qualify, you're not there yet.  It's quite a complex process these days.  Once upon a time you could do it yourself, but Immigration is very unforgiving - if you make one small mistake, your application gets rejected and you've lost thousands of dollars. So it's wiser to engage a migration agent to do the application for you.

A good migration agent will give you an initial consultation free of charge so that's what I suggest you do.  

7 minutes ago, Rvee said:

Hi friends

i just wanted to know how do we get notified for citizenship ceremony ?

through email or mail ?

waiting ceremony

application approved on 01/nov/2019

hume Melbourne council

thanks

Usually post, but i've heard certain councils do email too... depends on the council!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, naviozz said:

Good morning everybody

i have question regarding my citizenship application if somebody could suggest please on it.

i applied my citizenship application on 7 November 2019. On some stage there was a question in online citizenship application form regarding court conviction . I answer NO. But I got in my mind that in 2010-2011 I applied for MRT( migration review tribunal) which is called AAT no. So my question is is MRT is court conviction. Should I answer YES of this question. Moreover I did not go to court regarding my MRT appeal. I withdraw the case I went back to my home country permanent. I stayed There 3 year then I came back in 2015 in Australia on another visa. Please suggest me what is that and what should I do. Should I inform them or it doesn’t matter . Thanks 

Hey naviozz, 

No one here will be able to give you a definitive answer, as no one is a qualified lawyer/migration agent whose services you engaged. 

However, on a general note:

• Tribunals are part of the Administrative branch (and not the judiciary) of government created for the purpose of control of government action (e.g., was a decision made by DIBP (as part of the executive branch) lawful or it can be appealed on certain grounds)
  • Tribunal decisions are not convictions of an individual who appealed to the tribunal, they are decisions on whether actions of an executive office/branch/department were legal and compliant with legislation
  • If they were, that means that an individual who appealed to the tribunal lost their case and has to follow the initial decision (e.g., leave the country or go back to detention until further decision is made)
  • If they were not, an executive office/branch/department is compelled to make a new decision following the correct procedure/legislation, etc
  • It is only courts ("in their capacity of courts" - which means courts as opposed to let's say judges presiding over royal commissions) that have the power to make convictions in relation to an individual
  • And finally, all decisions of the executive have to be expressed in "clear and unambiguous terms" (case authority for this is Coco v The Queen), i.e. if after thoroughly reading through the documents handed to an individual by the Tribunal it is still unclear to that individual whether a decision made in relation to them was a conviction or not, they have the right to request further clarifications.

Again, this is not relating to your particular situation, just a note on how administrative law works in Australia. 

All the best!

12 hours ago, naviozz said:

Good morning everybody

Applying for a review of a visa decision at AAT/MRT is not a criminal conviction. 

• Like 1