AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Date applied - 9/6/2016

City/Council area - Belmont (Perth)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 09/06/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 27/06/2016 - passed (100%)

Approval letter dated - 27/06/2016 - received in mail 03/07/2016

Date of ceremony - 09/09/2016

Hi Everyone.

Hubby finally took test today and passed. So we just wait now for a ceremony date. As long as my eldest gets a ceremony before accepting Uni course we will be happy Ozzies.

cheers Janine

hi janine

i received aknowledgement from the department about my online complaint, but they wrote the same story. every application processed individually. so wait until department contact you. its already 4.5 months. no test date, no reply.. and they said it may take 6-9 months or even longer.

Date applied - 9/6/2016

City/Council area - Belmont (Perth)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 09/06/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 27/06/2016 - passed (100%)

Approval letter dated - 27/06/2016 - received in mail 03/07/2016

Date of ceremony - 09/09/2016

Congratulations @Jimm That is a pretty quick turnaround.

Is that a normal or an urgent application? Did you have to reschedule to get a test date so quickly?

Congratulations @Jimm That is a pretty quick turnaround.

Is that a normal or an urgent application? Did you have to reschedule to get a test date so quickly?

Thanks! It was a normal application. Initially they gave me a date for 27Sept 2016 which was 3 months away, so I called them and re booked the appointment date to 27th June. Appointment went smoothly no issues with my documents, passed the test and received the approval letter in a week's time. City of Belmont received my details from Immigration 2 days after my approval letter ( I called them to check). I have received formal invitation to attend the ceremony :)a week after.

Date applied - 06/07/2016

City/Council area - City of Greater Dandenong (Victoria)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 06/07/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - Waiting

Approval letter dated - Waiting

Date of ceremony - Waiting

Please share your citizenship experience with City of Greater Dandenong. Cheers.

Thanks! It was a normal application. Initially they gave me a date for 27Sept 2016 which was 3 months away, so I called them and re booked the appointment date to 27th June. Appointment went smoothly no issues with my documents, passed the test and received the approval letter in a week's time. City of Belmont received my details from Immigration 2 days after my approval letter ( I called them to check). I have received formal invitation to attend the ceremony :)a week after.

Congratulation Jimm. It is a pretty quick turnaround. Regarding your formal invitation to attend the ceremony, do you actually have to do anything (i.e., RSVP) to confirm your attendance? Cheers.

"Does the applicant wish to make the Australian Citizenship Pledge at the same time as anotherperson who is also an applicant for Australian citizenship?"

I found this question on my application form while I was just going through my application before my test in 2 days. What does this even mean? I mean the only answer I could type was no. It did not give me an option to say yes.

I thought everyone makes a pledge together along side other applicants?

"Does the applicant wish to make the Australian Citizenship Pledge at the same time as anotherperson who is also an applicant for Australian citizenship?"

I found this question on my application form while I was just going through my application before my test in 2 days. What does this even mean? I mean the only answer I could type was no. It did not give me an option to say yes.

I thought everyone makes a pledge together along side other applicants?

So if you'd like to take the oath with someone else (friend/family/acquaintance) who has also applied for citizenship you can do so together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi , Quick question around citizenship ceremony.

I am about to renew all the family UK passports and we have all just passed the Oz citizenship test.

Do we need our UK passports at the ceremony( no appointment received yet)?

Do i need to send the UK passports back for renewal?

I am worried if i need to send them back and I don't get them back in time for ceremony.

Any response is helpful.

regards

Janine

Quick update ! I received the test appointment email :)

My timeline:

Applied online -09/06/16

Email acknowledgement - Same day

Test email - 07/07/16

Test date - 11/07/16 (originally 08/08/16. Managed to reschedule online)

City council - City of Stonnigton

Prepared for the test :) Good luck to everyone who's waiting

Cheers

Hi , Quick question around citizenship ceremony.

I am about to renew all the family UK passports and we have all just passed the Oz citizenship test.

Do we need our UK passports at the ceremony( no appointment received yet)?

Do i need to send the UK passports back for renewal?

I am worried if i need to send them back and I don't get them back in time for ceremony.

Any response is helpful.

regards

Janine

It says on immigration website

On ceremony day Your letter of invitation and identification required.

Appropriate forms of identification are:

• a driver's licence, or

• a passport, or

• another official document which includes a photograph.

If you do not have any form of photographic identification you will need to bring at least three documents with your name, address and signature such as credit cards, bills and bank statements.

Children under 16 years of age do not need to provide identification.

I hope these helps

Thanks

Thanks James. Yes the council send me a formal invitation via email to which i replied confirming my attendance. I am allowed to bring three guests as well.

Invitation also stated that i have to reply within 15 Days otherwise they would put my name in the next ceremony.

Thanks James. Yes the council send me a formal invitation via email to which i replied confirming my attendance. I am allowed to bring three guests as well.

Invitation also stated that i have to reply within 15 Days otherwise they would put my name in the next ceremony.

Much appreciated Jimm. Did they also send you a formal invitation letter via postal mail?

Date applied - 7/7/2016

City/Council area - Brisbane City Council

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email -

Date of the Citizenship Test -

Approval letter dated -

Date of ceremony - I've noticed quite a few timelines include an acknowledgement email on the same day. I have yet to receive any acknowledgement 5 days later. Is it normal to have this variability? I know they've received it as it says so on my online account.

I don't know why I'm impatient but now that I've started I really just want to get it done!

Date applied - 7/7/2016

Online / Paper - Online

Approval letter dated -

Date of ceremony - I've noticed quite a few timelines include an acknowledgement email on the same day. I have yet to receive any acknowledgement 5 days later. Is it normal to have this variability? I know they've received it as it says so on my online account.

I don't know why I'm impatient but now that I've started I really just want to get it done!

Have you checked your spam/junk email folder? Alternatively you can navigate to your application in ImmiAccount and go to the mailbox which would have the acknowledgment email. If it's not there, give them a shout!

Thanks, yes I've checked and got the below message. On the summary document, however, it says I have selected not to receive postal notifications. I rang them up about this inconsistency and they said it was fine, that they had my email and all was OK. I'm wondering if I should call back and get them to look again. By your comment it would seem that I should expect at least an acknowledgment email by now.

[h=3]View application mailbox

app?cacheKey=d77cdbee&wc_static=%2fimages%2fsmall%2fhelp.png

[/h]The applicant has not agreed to receive electronic correspondence for this application.

Note: Electronic correspondence for this application is sent only if the applicant agreed to communicate via email in the application.

No correspondence is available for the selected application.

By your comment it would seem that I should expect at least an acknowledgment email by now.

That's correct as online applications usually receive instant acknowledgement emails. I think they may have mixed your email and post preferences!

Date applied - 7/7/2016

Online / Paper - Online

Approval letter dated -

I think they may have changed the system. I received an email immediately (this was in August last year) but with my wife's application last month we didn't receive anything until the interview/test email invite which arrived today.

I lodged my application with DIBP for citizenship by conferral last week. Since I lived in middle east after grant of PR, I had to provide police check. I uploaded the pcc and attached it to my application.

However, after a week I recevied an email from the department advising me that I ve been scheduled for an interview and will be shortly informed of the date and time. The email also requested for the original police check to be sent to the department.

I posted the pcc and meanwhile received another email for the interview on the same day.

I am wondering any one else has the same experience ?

The day has come that @sunnyalt and myself have our ceremony in Brisbane. We will make sure to report on the less frequently reported stuff that really matters:

-How many people

-How long did it go for

-What was the process

-Food?

If anyone else has their ceremony in Brisbane tonight please don't be shy and get in touch beforehand.

Hello Everyone,

I am applying online for my citizenship. I have a question in regards to filling the application. Question #17 IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION:

"sINCE THE AGE OF 18 years old have to lived or travelled outside Australia?"

I entered Australia as a skilled migrant with permanent residence 4 years ago and since then I have travelled outside australia twice, briefly for couple of weeks.

dOES THIS QUESTION PERTAIN TO THE TRAVEL THAT i DID AFTER GETTING MY PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR IN GENERAL THROUGHOUT MY LIFEtime SINCE i turned 18years old ? Someone plz answer my query