1. Date applied: 27/04/2016

2. City/Council area: Townsville

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 27/04/2016

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 13/07/2016

6. Date of ceremony: TBA

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): TBA

Update:

Received the email just now about the test date. Now just a question regarding trying to change the test date. What is the success rate of bringing it forward? I did not get a link unfortunately so I will have to call. Tried just now and they are not accepting any more calls for the day. Also Australia Day 2016 ceremony in T'ville only had 100 people as compared to bigger cities like Sydney where they clocked apparently around 200. So I am wondering if I will be able to fit in this year for a the ceremony. Any ideas?

Congrats on getting a test date. Yeah unfortunately you'd just have to keep calling them to see if you can get an earlier date. People have had luck with rescheduling their appointments on the phone. I think because the online appointment system is still in BETA stage, it hasn't rolled out nation wide.

Not sure about whether you'd be able to make it to this year's ceremony as it really depends on how many people are actually in the queue, and that's a statistic which only the Department would know! Hope it all works out well for you.

1. Date applied: 23/05/2016
  2. City/Council area: City of Canning (Perth)
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 23/05/2016
  5. Date of Citizenship Appointment email: 25/05/2016
  6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 2/09/2016
  7. Date of ceremony: TBA
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): TBA

Called IMMI to ask for an earlier schedule but unfortunately, that's the earliest date they can give me for now. Will try to call again soon.

Hi

we applied same period of time and I have a test next tuesday my husband has not heard anything. We are coming unto the 80 calendar day mark and shall be calling them.

The only reason I have an appointment is because i phoned them and the very kind lady explained they have a new system and each person has to be transferred from one system to another before appointments can be made for tests. She then transferred me immediately and booked the appointment whilst on the phone. However , when my OH tried that we didn't get same lady on the phone and they refused to do it.

She also told me that I had removed my email address which is not true and my husbands had been entered incorrect.

I don't hold much confidence for the Melbourne office ATM. I feel they need to do some overtime and clear backlog!!

hope you hear soon.

Janine

hi janine

did ur husband get any news? i am still waiting, almost 3 months now.

hi janine

did ur husband get any news? i am still waiting, almost 3 months now.

Hi, I went for my test this week and passed :smile: . They said they would do police check the same day and I would receive letter to confirm in next few days...I am awaiting patiently.

However, I asked about my O/H and my Case officer said they are currently processing all April and May applications and will not move on to June till all done...Nothing yet. I also asked them to fast track my sons application as his Uni depends on it. He did say he would look into it for me...nothing yet.( I am Authorised on sons application)

I saw the date stamp on my application. We posted it on the 3rd March and the date showed the 10th March...so we are now on 79 calendar days and they set a time of 80 days . Hmmm somehow I don't think they are making there quota ATM!

:arghh:

still waiting!!

Quick update ! I received the test appointment email yesterday :)

My timeline:

Applied online - 13/04/16

Email acknowledgement - 13/04/16

Test email - 24/05/16

Test date - 27/05/16 (originally 21/06/16. Managed to reschedule online)

City council - City of Glen Eira

Gotta start preparing for the test :) Good luck to everyone who's waiting

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey neighbour! we are probably gonna attend the ceremony at the time!:wink:

My timeline:

Applied online - 15/04/16

Email acknowledgement - 15/04/16

Test email - 27/05/16

Test date - 28/05/16 (originally 28/06/16. rescheduled online)

Hey neighbour! we are probably gonna attend the ceremony at the time!:wink:

My timeline:

Applied online - 15/04/16

Email acknowledgement - 15/04/16

Test email - 27/05/16

Test date - 28/05/16 (originally 28/06/16. rescheduled online)

Haha well I hope so! How did the test go? My appointment was very quick (about 30 minutes). The CO verified and scanned all original docs, took a photo and then asked me to sit the test which I passed with 100%. Then I was given a printed letter which said congrats on passing and that was it. Did your CO advise when you could expect to hear back?

100/100!!!! The interview went pretty fast too (with Alicia)! She said approved letter will be sent in 4 weeks.

One thing, I rescheduled my appointment the night before interview. It turned out they couldn't find my info on the appointment list so they have to input everything manually and double check my ID several times. Did this happen to you?

Now I could dream of an approved letter in a week and ceremony in three months LOL. Hope our council is not a jammed one.

100/100!!!! The interview went pretty fast too (with Alicia)! She said approved letter will be sent in 4 weeks.

One thing, I rescheduled my appointment the night before interview. It turned out they couldn't find my info on the appointment list so they have to input everything manually and double check my ID several times. Did this happen to you?

Now I could dream of an approved letter in a week and ceremony in three months LOL. Hope our council is not a jammed one.

20/20 you mean? :) Congratulations! It appears that our council has 5 more ceremonies scheduled this year:

Wednesday 8 June

Wednesday 20 July

Wednesday 7 September

Wednesday 9 November

Wednesday 7 December

So yeah I really hope I'm on one of these:)

Update:

Rang the immigration hot line today and they said to call a couple more times in the upcoming days/weeks since its about 6 weeks until my test day. I am in Townsville so apparently regional offices have the citizenship appointments at Medicare (Dept. of Human Services) and its very limited. Fingers crossed for an earlier one.

In other news today, I rang the Council and they have only around 30 people every month for the ceremony; sometimes around only 10. Here's hoping that I fit in one very quick this year.

Good luck to everyone who had their tests, and congrats on passing it. Hopefully all of you will have your ceremony soon. :D

I will keep my timeline updated as it progresses.

Hi All,

Quick question guys:

- Is original birth certificate an absolute requirement or can it be replaced by some other document in case birth certificate is not available?

- Is it possible to choose the best area of your local city (in terms of short waiting list) for citizenship application? or you are restricted to your council only? (I am bit unclear as my colleague got his citizenship end of last year and he told me he could choose where to apply)

Cheers,

Brisbane Office Timeline:

Date of Application: February 09, 2016.

City Council/State: Brisbane City Council/Queensland.

Application Mode: Online Application (Provided all documents upfront).

Acknowledgement date: February 09, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 18/02/2016.

Citizenship test: 25/02/2016 (Passed with 100%).

Citizenship Approval: 26/02/2016.

Citizenship Ceremony: 13th July 2016 (Confirmed by calling DIBP).

I called Brisbane City Council today and asked when is the next ceremony held by BCC? and the guy replied me that the NEXT ceremony to be held is on 03rd July 2016 (at Brisbane City Hall). I was a bit surprised and told him that DIBP told me that my ceremony is on 13th July 2016 at 1915 at Brisbane City Hall. He then said that there is no BCC cermony on 13th July 2016 however it could be DIBP private ceremony but NOT the ceremony orgaized by the council.

@littlegreenman ... Please shed some light on it . Thanks

Hi All,

Quick question guys:

- Is original birth certificate an absolute requirement or can it be replaced by some other document in case birth certificate is not available?

- Is it possible to choose the best area of your local city (in terms of short waiting list) for citizenship application? or you are restricted to your council only? (I am bit unclear as my colleague got his citizenship end of last year and he told me he could choose where to apply)

Cheers,

Dont think it is mandatory as for example in my case in Finland they dont issue birth certs. I showed an extract of the population system (census) and it was ok. Used the same piece of paper for PR too few years ago.

Date of Application: February 09, 2016.

Acknowledgement date: February 09, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 18/02/2016.

Citizenship test: 25/02/2016 (Passed with 100%).

Citizenship Approval: 26/02/2016.

Citizenship Ceremony: 13th July 2016 (Confirmed by calling DIBP).

I called Brisbane City Council today and asked when is the next ceremony held by BCC? and the guy replied me that the NEXT ceremony to be held is on 03rd July 2016 (at Brisbane City Hall). I was a bit surprised and told him that DIBP told me that my ceremony is on 13th July 2016 at 1915 at Brisbane City Hall. He then said that there is no BCC cermony on 13th July 2016 however it could be DIBP private ceremony but NOT the ceremony orgaized by the council.

@littlegreenman ... Please shed some light on it . Thanks

Interesting, DIBP told me that date when I called right after you and BCC confirmed it to me earlier in the year when I asked them for dates by email since they're not on the website. Below is said email response.

Either they moved the date or the person you had on the phone is wrong.

Dear Mr Littlegreenman

Thank you for contacting Brisbane City Council regarding when the next citizenship ceremony will be held.

Council appreciates and values the time you have spent to forward through your request.

Ceremonies will be held over the following months during 2016, however exact dates are not advertised publicly as these ceremonies are by invite only.

Department of Immigration and Border Security send out letters of invitation to approved candidates approximately four weeks prior to a ceremony.

I have contacted our City Hall department and they have advised that the following dates have been booked for Citizenship Ceremonies.

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Thursday 19 May 2016

Wednesday 13 July

Thank you for taking the time to make this request.

Please do not reply to this email address. If you have any further Brisbane City Council enquiries, you can visit www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/contact to submit an online form, send a SMS to 0429 2 FIX IT (0429 234 948) or telephone our 24 hour Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888 to report urgent issues and public safety concerns.

Yours sincerely

Hxxxxxxxx

Contact Centre

CO######

Edited by MaggieMay24
CO name removed

Also note, July 3rd is a Sunday (a day after the federal election). The ceremonies in Brisbane are usually during the week and not on a Sunday unless it is ANZAC or Citizenship Day.

True.

Now I am satisfied that ceremony is on 13th July 2016. After calling BCC, I called DIBP straight away to confirm whether the ceremony is on 03rd July or 13th July. They reconfirmed that it is on 13th July 2016 @ 1915 Brisbane City Hall.

@littlegreenman What time you have been allocated for the ceremony? Is it same 1915 or different?

Hello All,

Please find below my times lines for Brisbane City Council.

Date of Application: February 22, 2016.

Acknowledgement date: February 22, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 27/02/2016.

Citizenship test: 21/04/2016 (Passed with 100%).

Approval letter received on 28/04/2016 dated as 21/04/2016

Cheers,

Applied online - 19/5/16

Email acknowledgement - 19/5/16

Test email - 21/5/16

Test date - 26/5/16 (originally 13/7/16. Managed to reschedule, but had to go to Parramatta)

City council - Sydney city.

Anyone got an invite to the ceremony lately? When was your application accepted? Just a thinking how long is the wait in Sydney.

Approval letter came today...dated the same day as I sat the test. Super fast process so far...perhaps the wait starts now. :laugh:

True.

Now I am satisfied that ceremony is on 13th July 2016. After calling BCC, I called DIBP straight away to confirm whether the ceremony is on 03rd July or 13th July. They reconfirmed that it is on 13th July 2016 @ 1915 Brisbane City Hall.

@littlegreenman What time you have been allocated for the ceremony? Is it same 1915 or different?

Hi :)

Just wondering, what is the contact number you used to talk to BCC? is there any email address or phone number?

True.

I dunno. Still waiting for the letter as they didn't give me any details other than the date via phone. The dragon at the other end didn't even want to give me the date and only relinquished the info when I told her I had business trips which would require new visa applications if I had my ceremony beforehand. I'm currently in the US for work and have another trip to Canada in early July so I'm depending on wifey to check the letterbox after she gets back from visiting me on June 19th. Let me know if you get the letter in the meantime please.

Thought I'd update my time line as I passed my test this week and received my approval letter too:cute:

1. Date applied: 12/3/16
  2. City/Council area: Yarra, Melbourne
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: Same day - 12/3/16
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 30/5/16 - Passed!
  6. Date of approval letter : 3/6/16
  7. Date of ceremony: Waiting...
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal