applied on 31/12/2015

acknowledgement on 31/12/2015

Request for further information on 18/01/2016

documents sent on 02/02/2016

citizenship appointment and test on 06/04/2016

got approved on 27/04/2016

now waiting for ceremony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ceremony was good. All over in about an hour and then free champagne and Aussie snacks. Feeling a bit anti-climatic. Going out tonight to celebrate so should put me back in the mood!

Anti climatic is definitely the description. Had mine yesterday. Plastic chairs, skanky room, weird lifesize poster of the Queen with people having photos next to it (bizarre), the mayoress being 40 minutes late, sang the anthem which was belted out by TAPE on an 80's music system... no plants, no tim tams, no VB.. we got our certificates before we walked in the room.

now I don't like a fuss so I couldn't care less as I needed to get back to the office, however it mustve been desperately disappointing to get friends/family from abroad or local to attend such a cheap showing..

oh well, last step of the journey.

1. Date applied - 25/01/2016
  2. City/Council area - Woollahra Council
  3. Online / Paper - Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 25/01/2016 (auto generated email within 5 minutes)​
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test - 01/03/2016
  6. Date of ceremony - 09/06/2016 (received letter 11/05/2016 but dated 05/05/2016)
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal

I'm excited that a huge chapter in my life is finally coming to an end. I have a 6pm Ceremony so will definitely going for drinks afterwards.

1. Date applied - 25/01/2016

2. City/Council area - Woollahra Council

3. Online / Paper - Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 25/01/2016 (auto generated email within 5 minutes)​

5. Date of the Citizenship Test - 01/03/2016

6. Date of ceremony - 09/06/2016 (received letter 11/05/2016 but dated 05/05/2016)

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal

I'm excited that a huge chapter in my life is finally coming to an end. I have a 6pm Ceremony so will definitely going for drinks afterwards.

massive congratulations annie. are you heading back to the UK?

I'm glad mine is done with too.. weird feelings really, I was delighted when I opened the ceremony invite letter, although felt very little during and after the ceremony. maybe the passport arrival will be different. or maybe I'm just ready to get out of here!

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone from Whittlesea Council, Melbourne, can share his/her timeline?

Hi,

We are in Mernda.

We posted our application on the 3 March 2016 .

I have an appointment for the test on 24th May 2016.

But nothing yet from my husband.

It will be 80 calander days wait for him next weekend .

I have tried to call them on 2 occasions but keep getting the run around. :(

My son applied online on the 4th May 2016 and still waiting.

What is strange about our applications. I phoned to chase where my application is up to and the very kind lady " ok I can see you application and you are part of a new system . I will transfer you from one system to the other and we will be able to book your test"

I asked her if she would do same for my husband and she said "yes if he calls us"

He did and they refused to help.!!!!

fingers crossed it will be soon.

what are your timelines?

regards

Janine

1. Date applied: 22/3/16

2. City/Council area: Maribyrnong, Melbourne

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email: same day - 22/3/16

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: awaited....

6. Date of ceremony: awaited.....

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): normal

Update:

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 25/05/16 ( Initially it was 7th June but I changed it to 25th May. I just got the email today 14th May :)

Hi,We are in Mernda.We posted our application on the 3 March 2016 .I have an appointment for the test on 24th May 2016.But nothing yet from my husband.It will be 80 calander days wait for him next weekend .I have tried to call them on 2 occasions but keep getting the run around. :(My son applied online on the 4th May 2016 and still waiting.What is strange about our applications. I phoned to chase where my application is up to and the very kind lady " ok I can see you application and you are part of a new system . I will transfer you from one system to the other and we will be able to book your test" I asked her if she would do same for my husband and she said "yes if he calls us"He did and they refused to help.!!!!fingers crossed it will be soon.what are your timelines?regardsJanine
hi Janine me and your husband are in same boat.i applied on 28 feb and heard nothing.i call them and they said its under process.i dont know whats going on. plz let me know if u heard something.thanks Edited by Simran Brar

UPDATE:

Date of Application: 18/03/2016.

City Council/State: Wagga Wagga / NSW.

Application Mode: Online (Provided all documents upfront).

Acknowledgement date:18/03/ 2016.

23/03/16 got a email form Immi asking to send a copy of original birth certificate and Form 1339 before book for test

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 07 April 16

Test date : 05 May 16

Approval letter : received by AU Post 10 May 16 (dated 06 May)

Ceremony : TBA...

Update :

Date of Application: 18/03/2016.

City Council/State: Regional NSW.

Application Mode: Online.

Acknowledgement date:18/03/ 2016.

23/03/16 got a email form Immi asking to send a copy of original birth certificate

(I only upload the translated) and Form 1339 before book for test

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 07 April 16

Test date : 05 May 16

Approval letter : received by AU Post 10 May 16 (dated 06 May)

Ceremony : 23 June , (confirmed by a email and informed council will send invitation 2 to 3 weeks before ).

Just over 3 months for start to end ....

Good luck all :)

Update:

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 25/05/16 ( Initially it was 7th June but I changed it to 25th May. I just got the email today 14th May :)

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 16/05/16 ( Initially it was 7th June but I changed it to 25th May. I just got the email today 14th May :) again changed it to 16th May and passed the test with 100%. I asked the officer about Ceremony date and he said There are still more than 300 people waiting in my council (Maribyrnong, Melbourne) so it will take more than 3 months to get invited. Finger crossed .

Edited by tanimmahmud

1. Date applied: 27/04/2016
  2. City/Council area: Townsville
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 27/04/2016
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: TBA
  6. Date of ceremony: TBA
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): TBA

Just an update, they sent me an email on the 02/05 asking for the scan of my original birth certificate. I uploaded it on the same day and they received it on the 10th (called the Immi hotline to find out). I haven't received any update since although they did tell me that the decision on the application will be made in 80 calendar days. At least 90% of them are decided. My question is - is it normal to not have received a test date yet? Townsville has ceremonies every month and I am hoping to be able to fit in before December.

I totally envy all the members who had their ceremonies so quick. :D

Based on personal experience, yes! I applied on Apr 13th and have not received a test date yet. I'm from Melbourne though, so I think Townsville may actually be a lot more quicker. Good luck!

HI guys i applied on 28 feb. no update yet. called immi twice, they said, they are processing it from the last 1-2 months. i dnt know what r they doing?i applied in Melbourne. lot slower than rest of the Oz.tired of waiting ...

Oh wow! I wonder what is taking so long. I ended up reading all the posts and there is a very interesting article on Immigration by the Audit team. And it shows how unorganised and incompetent they are at times. Its a bit frustrating as I would expect them to be more efficient in processing the applications but then again Australia does have a high migration rate. I hope we get our test dates in the forthcoming weeks. Good luck to you too, Catalyst2012. :)

HI guys i applied on 28 feb. no update yet. called immi twice, they said, they are processing it from the last 1-2 months. i dnt know what r they doing?i applied in Melbourne. lot slower than rest of the Oz.tired of waiting ...

Hi

we applied same period of time and I have a test next tuesday my husband has not heard anything. We are coming unto the 80 calendar day mark and shall be calling them.

The only reason I have an appointment is because i phoned them and the very kind lady explained they have a new system and each person has to be transferred from one system to another before appointments can be made for tests. She then transferred me immediately and booked the appointment whilst on the phone. However , when my OH tried that we didn't get same lady on the phone and they refused to do it.

She also told me that I had removed my email address which is not true and my husbands had been entered incorrect.

I don't hold much confidence for the Melbourne office ATM. I feel they need to do some overtime and clear backlog!!

hope you hear soon.

Janine

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I recently applied for my oz citizenship. Waiting for the test date. Could someone please explain what happens on the test date at the immi office on the day of the test. A step by step explanation please , like what do they ask from the applicant etc. May be those who have already had their test can shed some light on this matter.

Hi

we applied same period of time and I have a test next tuesday my husband has not heard anything. We are coming unto the 80 calendar day mark and shall be calling them.

The only reason I have an appointment is because i phoned them and the very kind lady explained they have a new system and each person has to be transferred from one system to another before appointments can be made for tests. She then transferred me immediately and booked the appointment whilst on the phone. However , when my OH tried that we didn't get same lady on the phone and they refused to do it.

She also told me that I had removed my email address which is not true and my husbands had been entered incorrect.

I don't hold much confidence for the Melbourne office ATM. I feel they need to do some overtime and clear backlog!!

hope you hear soon.

Janine

Oh no! Thats such a long wait for you guys! I hope it gets sorted soon. The whole thing about new system and the subsequent transferring of the applicant sounds like a big mess since you actually had to wait the entire 80 calendar days and your husband still hasn't heard anything. Its frustrating. Good luck and I hope you all are able to fit in to a ceremony this year and not go into next year. :)

What makes it harder , the fact our son is also waiting and although we are in no rush He is. He was accepted into Uni last year and had to defer for 12 months. He has to accept his place by November 2016 or he will lose it. I now feel we are cutting it fine. :(.

Oh no! I hope he doesn't have to lose his place. I heard/read somewhere that you can ask for an urgent ceremony if its HECS/HELP related as they consider it a big priority. I cannot say for sure but I would call them up and let them know that your son will lose his spot if this is not over before Nov 2016. The bright side is that this is the last time we all have to deal with the Immigration department, hopefully. :)