AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

hi janine

Did you husband get a response?

one of my friend is waiting since December 2015. he got a test date in feb 2016 then department ring him and said that his test has been postponed and date will be mailed soon. no news after that. its more than 6 months. they are not responding to emails and saying its under process when he call them.

hope you get ur soon.

Hi

Yes we did but had to go to the web site and put a official complaint in.

They acted on within a week for both complaints. ( son and husband)

I would advise trying that.

good luck.

Janine

Hi Janine:

Thanks for your reply and timeline. Sorry for the late response as I couldn't check forum updates being away and then not well.

Anyways I applied on 06-04-2016.

Applied Online.

Waited waited and waited. Till got a response on 18-05-2016.

Test date : 26-05-2016

Passed .

Still waiting for further development...

Anyways, did you hear again from DIBP after approval letter ? Any further development? Any citizenship dates?

And by the way, have you heard or know anyone from our Whittlesea Council, who has through the process? Just to have an idea how long this council takes for Citizenship ceremony.

Many thanks and regards.

Hi Janine:

Thanks for your reply and timeline. Sorry for the late response as I couldn't check forum updates being away and then not well.

Anyways I applied on 06-04-2016.

Applied Online.

Waited waited and waited. Till got a response on 18-05-2016.

Test date : 26-05-2016

Passed .

Still waiting for further development...

Anyways, did you hear again from DIBP after approval letter ? Any further development? Any citizenship dates?

And by the way, have you heard or know anyone from our Whittlesea Council, who has through the process? Just to have an idea how long this council takes for Citizenship ceremony.

Many thanks and regards.

I have heard fro DIBP on a few occasions. Its amazing what complaints can achieve ;)

Anyway , my hubby has his test on 6/7/16 , so don't think we will hear from ceremony dates till after that.

My son however needs urgent ceremony , but when I spoke with his case officer on his test date, they said HECS debt is not enough of a reason to get a quicker ceremony :arghh:

I guess we have a looooooong wait .

cheers Janine

Guest Loaf80
Cheers mate!

You will find a big blue 'reschedule' button in your test date email xD, then you will pick the available date in their system! In effect right away! Reschedule as many times as you like!

My email invitation didn't contain any contact info - can you post the link maybe?

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Hi I sent another complaint and my husband has now got a date of 6/7/16. However he did have to wait 90 days .

hi Janine

i lodge the complaint through the website form.

now will they reply me back for my complaint? or they will check my application and contact me:arghh::arghh:

thank you

My email invitation didn't contain any contact info - can you post the link maybe?

Loaf80, I did not have one either. Some areas have the system running as a trial so it might take a while for all the states/regions to get it. I am applying from Townsville and I did not get that option either. I tried calling Immi and they said that my region is rural and they only have appointments every Wed and Fri. Your option is to call them and see if you can reschedule. You might have to call a few times though. :)

No update here. My test date is on 13/7 so just patiently waiting until I go get my test/interview done. Congrats to everyone who passed their tests and who have received their invitations for the ceremony. Can't wait till my test is done. :D

Good luck with the test! I'm sure you'll ace it [emoji3]. Happy Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. When applying for citizenship online, do we have to attach certified copies of our documents or can we just scan the originals and attach it to the application without having it certified.

Nothing needs to be certified. You'll be showing them the originals at your appointment, so simply upload colour scans.

@Catalyst2012 Ah perfect! Have you received an invitation for the ceremony? How often does your council hold the ceremonies?

Heya - nope haven't received an invitation yet. Was advised it could take 6 months (standard advice) after being approved. My council does about 8 a year and there are 3 remaining this year. Fingers crossed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Date applied - 02/02/2016

City/Council area - Adelaide

Online / Paper - Paper

Date received the acknowledgement email - 04/02/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 16/03/2016 - passed (100%)

Approval letter dated - 16/03/2016 - received in mail 22/03/2016

Date of ceremony - 05/08/2016 (tentative)

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal

Finally some movement after months of standstill! Our council hasn't announced any ceremonies but rang them this morning in order to get the next ceremony date this coming August. Then rang DIBP as council cannot tell the names on the list. Immigration confirmed other half made it into next one but only tentative date as could be a week later (200 applicants will do the pledge in August in our council).

Edited by silencio

After sending a official complaint in via website my eldest got an interview date of 27/6/2016 but re arranged it to 19/06/2016.

Just need husband now.

Hi Everyone.

Hubby finally took test today and passed. So we just wait now for a ceremony date. As long as my eldest gets a ceremony before accepting Uni course we will be happy Ozzies.

cheers Janine

Edited by janinewhiteley