AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Just wondering is the interviewer the one who has been assigned to the application as case officer or the case officer is someone else ?

also if the interviewer says congratulations you are approved then the application is definitely approved or they may do some more checks ?

Hi

You need to list your home country and Japan and all countries you visited except Australia. I did the same. This part was added on 01-July-2016 and did not exist before.

Good luck

Hi, thanks for your reply roland. I was thinking same as you but get confused when i went to fill the details "reason for visit". what could be the reason when someone resides in home country? Could you please give me some idea.

Hi, thanks for your reply roland. I was thinking same as you but get confused when i went to fill the details "reason for visit". what could be the reason when someone resides in home country? Could you please give me some idea.

I chose " working or studying"

Just wondering is the interviewer the one who has been assigned to the application as case officer or the case officer is someone else ?

also if the interviewer says congratulations you are approved then the application is definitely approved or they may do some more checks ?

Yes the person who interviews you is your case officer and yes if you're approved on the spot, that's that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Sarah2016

Those who received ceremony invite, can you please confirm if the letter or email asks for a confirmation of attendance / RSVP?

Yes the person who interviews you is your case officer and yes if you're approved on the spot, that's that :)

hi

i dnt think the person who interviews you is ur case officer. coz when u go for appointment there were 15-20 officers sitting over there. and ur turn comes according to receipt they issued on your entry. and they can do further checks after appointment. the officer just simply collects all the documents and uploads to your file. and the rest is on the case officer.when he approves, when not. but if the officer says yes ur approved means u r approved coz no further documents or checks needed.but that officer is not your case officer for sure.

hi

i dnt think the person who interviews you is ur case officer. coz when u go for appointment there were 15-20 officers sitting over there. and ur turn comes according to receipt they issued on your entry. and they can do further checks after appointment. the officer just simply collects all the documents and uploads to your file. and the rest is on the case officer.when he approves, when not. but if the officer says yes ur approved means u r approved coz no further documents or checks needed.but that officer is not your case officer for sure.

Imo it would seem a bit fluffy to just have 'frontline' staff to verify your docs, take a photo, ask questions regarding your application, run a Crimtrac check and then leave it to the discretion of the 'actual case officer' to approve the application/carry out further checks.Then again neither of us work at the DIBP so who knows :)

Imo it would seem a bit fluffy to just have 'frontline' staff to verify your docs, take a photo, ask questions regarding your application, run a Crimtrac check and then leave it to the discretion of the 'actual case officer' to approve the application/carry out further checks.Then again neither of us work at the DIBP so who knows :)

come on they are not just frontline staff. they are responsible immigration officers.anyways if they say yes you are approved then yes you are. so who cares .all we need is our aussizz passport. :laugh:

Hi, about document identifier in online application, i was filling up my birth certificate personal identification no. but is was too long that the whole number wasn't fit in there. what should I do now? I would appreciate if anybody can help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, about document identifier in online application, i was filling up my birth certificate personal identification no. but is was too long that the whole number wasn't fit in there. what should I do now? I would appreciate if anybody can help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Jus put whatever u can.or leave it blank if u can. They will ask you for original during appointment.or write a letter identifying ur issue and upload it. No issues.it happened to me. I dnt have surname on my birth certificate.but we have to put something in that field so i put my givenname in that field.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Jus put whatever u can.or leave it blank if u can. They will ask you for original during appointment.or write a letter identifying ur issue and upload it. No issues.it happened to me. I dnt have surname on my birth certificate.but we have to put something in that field so i put my givenname in that field.

Thanks simran7757

Received my official letter of approval this morning. Apparently they do deliver here on Sat until 11 am. It says that my ceremony will be held within 5 months from the date of approval so I am assuming that the turn around is getting better with DIBP. Some of my friends had 9 months but since last two months it seems to be moving quicker. Will keep everyone posted about my official invite. :D

Received my official letter of approval this morning. Apparently they do deliver here on Sat until 11 am. It says that my ceremony will be held within 5 months from the date of approval so I am assuming that the turn around is getting better with DIBP. Some of my friends had 9 months but since last two months it seems to be moving quicker. Will keep everyone posted about my official invite. :D

Congrts chandni

How long it takes to get a letter after the test??

Congrts chandni

How long it takes to get a letter after the test??

Hi Simran,

Thank you :) It took 6 working days to receive the letter in mail. It was posted out on 15th the day it was approved and I received it this morning. Have you received yours yet?

Hi Simran,

Thank you :) It took 6 working days to receive the letter in mail. It was posted out on 15th the day it was approved and I received it this morning. Have you received yours yet?

I didn't receive yet.did my test on 19 july.

What u recon? When to expect??

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone from Hills Shire NSW who could share their timelines?

I was approved in May already but was told by the council few weeks ago that I am not on the August 15 ceremony, hope that I can be on the Sep 17 one.

Thanks,

Pintu.

I didn't receive yet.did my test on 19 july.

What u recon? When to expect??

I'd call up the immigration and ask them if it has been approved or not. The date they approve it on is the one that counts as your ceremonies are held within approx 6 months from that day. The letter will arrive in the mail around 5-7 working days. But just call them up (I did call them up) and see what they say. Good luck :)

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone from Hills Shire NSW who could share their timelines?

I was approved in May already but was told by the council few weeks ago that I am not on the August 15 ceremony, hope that I can be on the Sep 17 one.

Thanks,

Pintu.

Thats great that the council would tell you if your name is on the list, I wasn't aware of the fact they could divulge such details. Did you just call them?

come on they are not just frontline staff. they are responsible immigration officers.anyways if they say yes you are approved then yes you are. so who cares .all we need is our aussizz passport. :laugh:

Exactly! They are definitely not 'just' frontline staff as they are in charge of any citizenship approvals!

What some applicants simply don't get is the fact that a 'case officer' for a visa applicantion - which is a certain person in a certain team - is not the same as a 'case officer' for a citizenship application - as citizenship is rather a formal approval when an applicant fulfils all requirements and is eligible and therefore there is no 'case officer' in terms of a certain person but all staff in Immi dealing with this are highly trained and qualified Federal public servants for only one reason: Don't underestimate the fact that they are dealing with not only highly confidential and private information as it is more about to detect false applications and failed character tests as well.

For example, the photo they take at the interview works with 'face recognition' in their computer system and can easily detect if the person who claims to be the applicant is really the applicant.

It is really about to proof who you are and to say 'front line staff' stultifies the sobriety of dealing with this kind of sensitive information and these 'front line staff' take citizenship seriously as they have the power to refuse and revoke citizenship AFTER the grant as well (they have revoked some by the way who came here as 'fake' PR's or were terrorists or gang members).

Edited by silencio

Those who received ceremony invite, can you please confirm if the letter or email asks for a confirmation of attendance / RSVP?

It was a letter and it said that you have to contact Immi in case you are NOT attending your ceremony. No need for confirmation.

But saying this keep in mind in case you receive an email it can be the opposite! I have read somewhere that email invitations would need confirmation by replying to the council.

Hi Everyone

I done the test on 11th July(passed) and department told me that we have to process pcc on your behalf and they took sign for pcc but no reply or approval letter yet.

i called department on Friday and told me its in process.

Any one know how long it will take because there is ceremony coming Friday in my council ??

Appreciate your opinion.

Hi Everyone

I done the test on 11th July(passed) and department told me that we have to process pcc on your behalf and they took sign for pcc but no reply or approval letter yet.

i called department on Friday and told me its in process.

Any one know how long it will take because there is ceremony coming Friday in my council ??

Appreciate your opinion.

Hi

My interviewer said it may take only a few minutes to receive Australian pcc and she did not ask for my signature. Maybe your office is too busy. Where did you apply from ?

Hi! what do they ask during the citizenship interview? Did you have to undergo another health check during your citizenship application? Do I have to bring my kids during the citizenship interview if they are included in my application?

Hi! what do they ask during the citizenship interview? Did you have to undergo another health check during your citizenship application? Do I have to bring my kids during the citizenship interview if they are included in my application?

Hi They dont ask something specific. Just ask for your original docs, then take your photo and maybe a friendly chat with you about anything. You wont need to undergo any health check and also do not need to take your children with you even if they are included in your application.

Good luck