AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Finally the citizenship appointment has been scheduled.

Applied on 28 feb... waited waited waited and waited

Plenty of calls and emails to the department

RECEIVED an email today for the test which will be on 19 Aug 2016

But fortunately managed to scheduled to tomorrow on 19 july 2016.

fingers crossed further step to be a citizen.

best wishes to those who applied..

Was it a paper application? That's quite a long time to get the test date email.

Finally the citizenship appointment has been scheduled.

Applied on 28 feb... waited waited waited and waited

Plenty of calls and emails to the department

RECEIVED an email today for the test which will be on 19 Aug 2016

But fortunately managed to scheduled to tomorrow on 19 july 2016.

fingers crossed further step to be a citizen.

best wishes to those who applied..

Hi Simran, Goodluck with ur test. Did u apply online or by paper application. which state VIC OR NSW? U R from. why did it take so long to get your test date?. Did DIBP give u any reason for the delay in giving u the test date? which council do u belong to?

Date applied - 29/4/2016

City/Council area - City of Sydney

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - same day

Date of the Citizenship Test - 23/06/2016 - passed (100%)

Approval letter - Waiting (Called them up on 18/07/2016, told me it's been approved weeks ago, but no letter, unfortunately.*)

Date of Ceremony - TBA

* I had a friend who attended his citizenship ceremony last week, however, did not get the certificate. He'd been told that they can issue it as the minister is not in office. And they'd have to wait for the new minister to be sworn in. Hopefully, it's not the case for me. In any case, the minister got appointed this morning. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone from Perth who got the test date recently?

I applied last week and my test date is first week of November. Called to check if I can reschedule and they say they don't have any openings before then? 3.5+ months for the test, this is insane.

Guest Gill2015
all done now. passed the test and waiting for approval letter.

it was online application but was ministerial discretion coz of unlawful for 1 day.long story.

they are processing applications on individual basis. so keep calm and wait. thank you

Hi Simran Brar,

Congrats.

can you plz. Share how you got ministerial discretion because I am facing same problem as yours. Plz. Share with us. Thanks.

I applied last week and my test date is first week of November. Called to check if I can reschedule and they say they don't have any openings before then? 3.5+ months for the test, this is insane.

can't u able to reschedule it online. they started a new service in which you can reschedule ur appointment date online.i think that is available in some areas only. i get an email on 18july for an interview on 19 August but i managed to rescheule it to 19 july (fortunately very next day). or u can call them no. of times to change it coz some people postpone their date for some reasons. i am sure you will get it if you try. i can still see fluctuations in the test dates.sometimes no available dates for a month or two. but sometimes 1 or 2 are available for some days. so keep trying calling them. thank you

I applied 10th May and test date isn't until 21st September so there seems to be around a 4 month wait in Perth. All good though

Edited by WeegieDave

Hi just wondering if anybody can help me with this, in online application there is a question that "since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia? Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18 include work or study outside of Australia, holiday or leisure including visits to the applicants country of origin, business"

Since the age of 18, I was in my home country for around 10 years. After that I visit Japan for about three months and come back to home country. After about five months I moved to Australia. Since then I never lived or travelled outside Australia. I would appreciate if anybody can tell me what would be the appropriate answer for me of this question.

Hi just wondering if anybody can help me with this, in online application there is a question that "since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia? Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18 include work or study outside of Australia, holiday or leisure including visits to the applicants country of origin, business"

Since the age of 18, I was in my home country for around 10 years. After that I visit Japan for about three months and come back to home country. After about five months I moved to Australia. Since then I never lived or travelled outside Australia. I would appreciate if anybody can tell me what would be the appropriate answer for me of this question.

Hi

You need to list your home country and Japan and all countries you visited except Australia. I did the same. This part was added on 01-July-2016 and did not exist before.

Good luck

Hello Guys,

I've been following this topic in the forum for a while now and recently I have applied for my citizenship online here in Melbourne and yet to received a date for the test.

I lodged mine online last week 14th of July and instantly received an acknowledgement response to my email. How long usually does the immigration notify you with the schedule for the test? May you guys share some of your experiences. Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone

This is my timeline

Applied: 01-July-2016

Acknowledgement email : 01-July-2016

Test email received : 08-July-2016

Test date : 21-06-2016 ( 100% passed)

Wow, thats amazing. Which state did you apply for the citizenship Roland?

Hello Guys,

I've been following this topic in the forum for a while now and recently I have applied for my citizenship online here in Melbourne and yet to received a date for the test.

I lodged mine online last week 14th of July and instantly received an acknowledgement response to my email. How long usually does the immigration notify you with the schedule for the test? May you guys share some of your experiences. Thanks a lot

I took me 6 weeks to get a test date in Melbourne and I think that's more or less the average time given the number of applicants in Melbourne!

The good thing is you can reschedule your appointment online if there's one available (and I think that's a Melbourne only feature).

Good luck!

How do these guys work i applied 28th june got email letter saying an appointment has been made and will be emailed shorty this was on 1st july.

I had the email in my junk emails and thought maybe they have lost other but said not even booked yet??

Why send such letter? And how come im still waiting when your saying you have your test date already does not make sense.

Im in perth also.

Im reading people can email immi where?

As when you call can be on phone for an 1hr and half plus at times.

I asked if any issues with application how does one know if everything is ok or its been looked at??

Date applied - 02/02/2016

City/Council area - Adelaide

Online / Paper - Paper

Date received the acknowledgement email - 04/02/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 16/03/2016 - passed (100%)

Approval letter dated - 16/03/2016 - received in mail 22/03/2016

Date of ceremony - 12/08/2016 -received invitation in mail 15/07/2016 - sender was DIBP NOT my council!

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal - mass ceremony with 200 applicants hosted by DIBP in our local footy club

can't u able to reschedule it online. they started a new service in which you can reschedule ur appointment date online.i think that is available in some areas only. i get an email on 18july for an interview on 19 August but i managed to rescheule it to 19 july (fortunately very next day). or u can call them no. of times to change it coz some people postpone their date for some reasons. i am sure you will get it if you try. i can still see fluctuations in the test dates.sometimes no available dates for a month or two. but sometimes 1 or 2 are available for some days. so keep trying calling them. thank you

Yeah I've been calling them every now and then to check but not much luck. Would you be able to PM me the link where you re-scheduled online? I don't think it's available in Perth yet.

Yeah I've been calling them every now and then to check but not much luck. Would you be able to PM me the link where you re-scheduled online? I don't think it's available in Perth yet.

its not a link actually. it is like a button press it to change the appointment. and redirected to client id and surname after that you can see the available dates and times.

but it is different for everybody. this service is for melbourne only. you can see the dates for melbourne only.and they wrote in the email that its a new service. if u get any issues ring them.i have no issues to send the link but u can't do anything with it. thank you

keep calling them to change the date.may be someone postpone his/her appointment. whoever calls first will get that date. very simple