AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Also thanks for the tip on the app - already looks better than the ones i was trying before. Did the questions on your test end up reflecting the range in the app?

Yes pretty much although it is still worth reading the document or listening to the videos a couple of times. To be honest, because I’d gone through the app questions, I was able to do the actual test equally quickly. It doesn’t feel like you are wandering into the unknown.
  • Like 1

Hi Guys new to this site

My Time Line

30/06/2019 - Applied Online with my Daughter

22/07/2019 - Received appointment letter for 19/11/2019

02/09/2019 - Resheduled for Test and both Passed and I approved same Day

But my Daughter status still says “RECEIVED”, We are from Shire of Cockburn, Perth.

Is there anyone on this same situation??

• Congratulations 1

8 hours ago, cashman said:

Hi Guys new to this site

My Time Line

But my Daughter status still says “RECEIVED”, We are from Shire of Cockburn, Perth.

I personally am not in this situation, but have heard it happening to many other applicants so it is not unusual. I am not certain why both individuals wouldn't get processed at the same time but have heard that many different case officers now work on individual applications so things may be a bit disorganized.

Edited by Ausa0000

8 hours ago, cashman said:

Hi Guys new to this site

My Time Line

Hi Cashman, both of you had the same case officer for the interview? My situation is not exactly the same as you, but my wife and I applied exactly at the same time received interview invitations on the same day and passed the test and interview also on the same day, we had different interviewers. I got approved the morning after the test, my wife's application is still received.

It has been a week now...

Update...

Applied 29 June 2018  online, acknowledged same day

Test/interview letter received 6 May 2019

Interview/ Test date 18 July 2019 Brisbane- re scheduled to 2 September so whole family could do on same day

All approved 4 September (2 applicants on same day, rest 2 days later)

Moreton Bay Regional Council

UK applicant. Family of 5

Hi Guys

My Timeline again

30/6/2019 - Applied Online with my Daughter. Acknowledgment same day

22/7/2019 - Recd. Appointment letter for Test on 19/11/2019

02/9/2019 - Rescheduled for Test and both Passed and mine Approved same day (We both have the same case officer)

04/9/2019 - My Daughter status changed to “Approved”

Now waiting for Ceremony Date from my Shire Cockburn, Perth.

Cheers

• Congratulations 2

There seems to be some crazy differences in the timelines - not that im surprised given this is my fifth and final IMMI process!! Annoying as hell.

What has been the average you have seen on here recently?

Not that I really care about it as I have PR but Im certainly looking forward to becoming a citizen of my adopted home!

• Like 2

hi all,

what is the process to change name after marriage?

I got married in my home country (N.Ireland) and have just received my name change certificate in the post.

Do I just upload this name change certificate to my immi account or is there a form I need to fill in as well?

Application only submitted in February 2019 and still at the received stage. Have not had my test yet either.

Thanks in advance 🙂 

21 hours ago, pavy said:

Hi everyone 

I have applied citizenship application online . 25/10/2018 

Acknowledgement same day . 

Since then no update.  

Anyone here in same situation like me ? 

Thanks 

Hi.. we’re also same like you.  we applied June 2018, and status just says Recieved. Still waiting....🙄🙄🙄 now my Passport expired, I couldn’t renewal as well. Am really stressed and checking everyday. 

On 04/09/2019 at 06:20, Jimmy P said:

Update...

Applied 29 June 2018  online, acknowledged same day

Test/interview letter received 6 May 2019

Interview/ Test date 18 July 2019 Brisbane- re scheduled to 2 September so whole family could do on same day

All approved 4 September (2 applicants on same day, rest 2 days later)

Moreton Bay Regional Council

UK applicant. Family of 5

Congrats for the same. Enjoy.

Edited by Sheral Singh

I have a question, In my application i have uploaded all the documents needed and there was no need for any overseas nor Australian police check.

However, i voluntary uploaded my AFP police check after nearly a year from my lodgement.

Now as i got my test interview they asked me to bring all the documents i have uploaded in my application but i do not have the Australian police check as it was expired months ago and it was not needed in the first place., so what should i do now? would that be a problem.

5 minutes ago, Naninani1 said:

I have a question, In my application i have uploaded all the documents needed and there was no need for any overseas nor Australian police check.

However, i voluntary uploaded my AFP police check after nearly a year from my lodgement.

Now as i got my test interview they asked me to bring all the documents i have uploaded in my application but i do not have the Australian police check as it was expired months ago and it was not needed in the first place., so what should i do now? would that be a problem.

They do the AFP check themselves. You do not need to supply it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Naninani1 said:

Its not a mandatory document to carry. Post interview and test, they perform Police checks before approving the application.

• Like 1

Think we've finally got our appointments in order.

Me - 17th October
OH - 24th October

OH needed one as late as possible in the afternoon, so probably not feasible to hold out for the same day. Happy that these aren't too long to wait now, and fairly close together.

Averaging 95-100% on the practice tests, itching to do it now!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, millski88 said:

Think we've finally got our appointments in order.

Me - 17th October
OH - 24th October

OH needed one as late as possible in the afternoon, so probably not feasible to hold out for the same day. Happy that these aren't too long to wait now, and fairly close together.

Averaging 95-100% on the practice tests, itching to do it now!!!

Great! it will be test day in no time!

Good luck now holding back and not trying to reschedule it for a week earlier haha.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2019 at 04:48, millski88 said:

Hey LAG. Just out of interest, when did your test email arrive and when did you end up having your test appointment? Interesting that my initial date was earlier than yours but you've already managed to get it ticked off! the waiting times must fluctuate a lot depending on the office i suppose.

Ya you need to keep checking the same.