AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi, 

I moved from one end of NSW to other End of NSW. 

The test Center I chose while applying for my citizenship is 10 hrs away from my New location. 

I updated my new address with immigration. 

So, my worry is: Would I get the test Center close to my new address or would it be the previous address? 

Does any one know how it’s going to be? 

Please educate me.

Thanks

bhagath. 

On 28/06/2018 at 12:50, MaggieMay24 said:

You can use an agent if you'd like but it's pretty straightforward so it seems a waste of money to me.  I have heard agents mention assisting clients with citizenship applications but I've never seen someone on a forum mention using one.

HI KKumar,

you will receive a letter from the Member of Parliament confirming that you have passed the test and are eligible to be a citizen.
Depending on your council's current backlog, you will receive an invite in a few months to participate in the oath ceremony. They usually give a heads up a month in advance.
carry your passport as form of identification to the ceremony. 

Rgds
DAUS

Nom Lodged : 13 March 2016 ; Status : Finalised ; Application Origin: NSW PESE;

Arrived at Australia : 7 July 2013
186 Nomination : 13 March 2016;
PR : 18 Oct 2016
Citizenship filed on : 18 Oct 2017
Test : 1 June 2018
Oath : 18 Oct 2018

Citizenship ceremony at Perth. 
Onboard HMAS Australia now...

Edited by daus
critical details missing
  • Like 1

Hi, 

The test Center I chose while applying for my citizenship is 10 hrs away from my New location. 

So, my worry is: Would I get the test Center close to my new address or would it be the previous address? 

Please educate me.

Thanks

bhagath. 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:16, Elliot Tsao said:

@Rorz Hey mate, just let you know: I have a very similar timeline with @reachtoakhil  Applied: 16 Apr 2017 and tested 22 Jun 2017, then a very long long long waiting to now, 18 mths since lodgement and 16 mths  since test, still Received. Received my FOI result with junk info. What I can do next step, I don't know

On 20/10/2018 at 18:43, bhagath said:

Hi, 

Please educate me.

Thanks

bhagath. 

If you updated your new address with immigration then you should have no worries

1 hour ago, CowlingAFC said:

Have my test on 9th November. Applied January 14th. 

Perth. 

When end you do the test can you skip a question and go back to it if your unsure of the answer? 

No, the questions are one at a time and you have to answer before you can go on to the next one. I did several different trial tests to get used to the type of questions and all the questions I had on my test I had seen before on these.

Edited by Bristle
  • Thanks 1

On 20/10/2018 at 16:17, daus said:

HI KKumar,

you will receive a letter from the Member of Parliament confirming that you have passed the test and are eligible to be a citizen.
Depending on your council's current backlog, you will receive an invite in a few months to participate in the oath ceremony. They usually give a heads up a month in advance.
carry your passport as form of identification to the ceremony. 

Rgds
DAUS

Thanks DAUS

My wife applied on the 22nd December 17, test on the 22nd August 18 and now still waiting for an approval and really hoping it doesn't turn into a 12 month wait. 

I applied 19th July and waiting... Based on my wifes experience not holding my breath until March next year for a test.

21 hours ago, Bristle said:

No, the questions are one at a time and you have to answer before you can go on to the next one. I did several different trial tests to get used to the type of questions and all the questions I had on my test I had seen before on these.

Thanks mate. Practising every night, there’s a lot of government questions! 

1 hour ago, CowlingAFC said:

Thanks mate. Practising every night, there’s a lot of government questions! 

Had two or three questions on flags, several questions on Anzac Day and the first fleet, and then government and law. As you get multiple choice answers you can usually work out the  correct one. Good luck with your test.

Please someone guide me .had a baby five month ago .he got his Australian citizenship certificate and Australian passport. Because his born here.

So my question is still I have mention my son name in my application or as family member in application . To inform immigration department. Please reply back with your best knowledge

Anyone on here waiting for a ceremony invite for the northern beaches council area? The last one of the year is scheduled for the 19th November but I have been told on Monday they haven't sent the invites out for it yet. Wondering if anyone has received one.  I am kind of hoping I will be on the list for the 19th as the next one isn't until Australia day which would be 7 months since my citizenship approval date and 19 months since submission. 

On 22/10/2018 at 23:38, CowlingAFC said:

Have my test on 9th November. Applied January 14th. 

Perth. 

When end you do the test can you skip a question and go back to it if your unsure of the answer? 

You can’t skip BUT you can go back and review all your answers before pressing the final submit button. You have plenty of time to do this. I used less than 5 of my allocated 40 minutes and scored 100%. Not difficult. Just read the testable section of the document on the website. 

I also did some free on line tests, these were much harder and had questions beyond that section. The test only asks questions related to that section. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/10/2018 at 14:03, CaptainR said:

My wife applied on the 22nd December 17, test on the 22nd August 18 and now still waiting for an approval and really hoping it doesn't turn into a 12 month wait. 

I applied 19th July and waiting... Based on my wifes experience not holding my breath until March next year for a test.

We applied before you, We were advised by Immigration, that there is no logic to waiting times, we were advised very unlikely we would get a test prior to next July which would be 19 months. However, with waiting period going up month by month, we were advised it could take longer ... We were Low risk applicants. Therefore we have decided to not both as said before, and moving back to the UK without taking citizenship.  we cant be bothered to wait two years as job offers we have will pass. Also, my wife was not required to sit a test. we were in NSW. 

2 hours ago, Afanso said:

Where is the end?

Applied in Mar 2017, tested in Jul 2017, and still waiting for approval. Emailed, called, complained, and there is no issue in FOI result... 

Feel so hopeless...

I agree it is ridiculous. I applied December 2017 and obtained citizenship in August and now have my Australian passport. 

Have you approached your MP?  I would certainly do that in your position. 

On 24/10/2018 at 11:55, rammygirl said:

You can’t skip BUT you can go back and review all your answers before pressing the final submit button. You have plenty of time to do this. I used less than 5 of my allocated 40 minutes and scored 100%. Not difficult. Just read the testable section of the document on the website. 

I also did some free on line tests, these were much harder and had questions beyond that section. The test only asks questions related to that section. 

You can review your answers and change your answers? 

On 23/10/2018 at 13:03, CaptainR said:

hi my friend, i applied Nov 2017 in brisbane. i didnt even have a computer test yet. so has to be very patient.