My RFI was for a new Acro as I only put my maiden name & my new married name, I thought it was 10 years same as addresses, but its not! Its all names youve been known as. I was married 20 years ago for 2 years! so now having to wait for a ne wAcro ro arrive!

They also asked for more photo ID from my ex partner as he is the father of 2 of my children.

From my husbamd, they want a letter confirming which children he is sponsoring?!?! This seems odd as all 3 children are listed along with Birth Certificates & passports!?!

But.... if thats all they need I class that as a win lol

Fingers crossed my Acro comes quickly & we can hopefully get our golden email before 21st January 2019 as thats when we fly to Brisbane

Hi Zoe,
I only did an ACRO for my married name but thought that would be ok as they asked for previous names on the forms (I thought???) I can't remember now ..... do you think it's worth getting one in my maiden name???? I didn't get asked for this when they asked for further info?? I'm panicking again... must step away 🤣

8 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Hi Zoe,
I only did an ACRO for my married name but thought that would be ok as they asked for previous names on the forms (I thought???) I can't remember now ..... do you think it's worth getting one in my maiden name???? I didn't get asked for this when they asked for further info?? I'm panicking again... must step away 🤣

As long as you stated you maiden name on the form as a "previously known as...." then they will have done a check on it. No need for a separate application. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

As long as you stated you maiden name on the form as a "previously known as...." then they will have done a check on it. No need for a separate application. 

The request says it wants an acro with all my previous names on, I rang them & they said I needed to redo it, the 10 years thing is just addresses xx

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ah no I have just looked again:  If you go into the application details page / view attachments tab there is a print icon top right, and when you click on it this creates a pdf listing of all the evidence uploaded.  I would absolutely keep a record of this.

That's a really good idea Jon.  I will definitely create a pdf copy of my attachments, just in case 😆

On 28/11/2018 at 15:03, Katiebobbles said:

Oh and I figured would just get ... you are well within their 12-17 months line if we called

Yes Katiebobbles and if it wasn't for this forum we'd all be sitting back thinking it was quite normal to wait up to 17 months.  Unfortunately we're all comparing ourselves to the speedy grants 😔.

• Like 2

I'm getting irritated on your behalf Laf!

Our house went on the market today.  And then unbelievably a neighbours went on hours later, I messaged them and they are also moving to Sydney with a job offer!! Mental.  They are literally 50 metres round the corner.  Oh and the family next door are considering a move to Dubai.  I just want to sell my house!! 😞

Edited by Jon the Hat

Yes Katiebobbles and if it wasn't for this forum we'd all be sitting back thinking it was quite normal to wait up to 17 months.  Unfortunately we're all comparing ourselves to the speedy grants [emoji17].
I know .... every morning I wake up like Nacho Libra... today will be my day of glory in the hot sun .... then every night I'm disappointed
Oh Jon what a shame hopefully yours is 10 times nicer and sells twice as fast!!!!!

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm getting irritated on your behalf Laf!

Our house went on the market today.  And then unbelievably a neighbours went on hours later, I messaged them and they are also moving to Sydney with a job offer!! Mental.  They are literally 50 metres round the corner.  Oh and the family next door are considering a move to Dubai.  I just want to sell my house!! 😞

Wow that is a coincidence. Are they going on a work visa? Hope the competition doesn't hinder your sale.

It is crazy coincidence!  Yes looks like they are on work visa.  Both lovely houses, ours has another bedroom and nicer Kitchen with high ceiling and velux windows, but we are asking £25k more.  Tricky to tell.

Sounds well worth the extra. I expect yours will sell first.
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Well most bizarrely and unexpectedly we got our visa today!

It was unexpected because we were asked for police clearances (extra ones as my husband had declared some convictions in other countries) and we uploaded these exactly a month after they were requested. Then straight away the CO emailed our agent asking for us to sign a further disclosure form which was weird but asked to give permission for NZ police to confirm how many "letters of police clearance we had received (still don't understand this relevance) but we signed it electronically and sent back same day. Our agent told us it was uploaded but that  it would likely take time for them to process the form then request the info from NZ etc (plus NZ were the ones we waited for an entire month for the police clearance) but we received the grant the next day!! That is bizarrely quick without factoring time differences in!! We had all just recovered from a housewide sick bug and put our Xmas decorations up when we got the email at 5pm so we are currently celebrating!  Our timeline below for interested sake:

Lodged 12 April 2018

Info req: 29 Oct 2018

Submitted: 29 Nov 2018

Further form to sign and submitted: 29 Nov 2018

Grant received: 30 Nov 2018

• Like 5

Hi all,
Well most bizarrely and unexpectedly we got our visa today!
It was unexpected because we were asked for police clearances (extra ones as my husband had declared some convictions in other countries) and we uploaded these exactly a month after they were requested. Then straight away the CO emailed our agent asking for us to sign a further disclosure form which was weird but asked to give permission for NZ police to confirm how many "letters of police clearance we had received (still don't understand this relevance) but we signed it electronically and sent back same day. Our agent told us it was uploaded but that  it would likely take time for them to process the form then request the info from NZ etc (plus NZ were the ones we waited for an entire month for the police clearance) but we received the grant the next day!! That is bizarrely quick without factoring time differences in!! We had all just recovered from a housewide sick bug and put our Xmas decorations up when we got the email at 5pm so we are currently celebrating!  Our timeline below for interested sake:
Lodged 12 April 2018
Info req: 29 Oct 2018
Submitted: 29 Nov 2018
Further form to sign and submitted: 29 Nov 2018
Grant received: 30 Nov 2018

Wonderful news, congratulations [emoji4]
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Im new to this forum, glad I found it as it’s been the most helpful forum I have found. I’m so pleased for everyone who has received their visa’s over the past months. Just wanted to share our experience so far.....

applied 12th April 2018

requested more info on 26th October, which was more evidence of relationship for past two years instead of evidence given for past 9 years in order to be considered for 100. Also police check as one supplied was the wrong type. 

All documents uploaded within 7 days instead of the requested 28 days, final button clicked.

its now 30th Nov and still showing as ‘further assessment ‘

all we want for Xmas is our visa to come through, fingers crossed!

good luck to everyone

• Like 2

Congratulations BacktoOz!! I also received mine this afternoon. Both the 309 and 100. So relieved. Have to arrive before 23 March so can now look forward to a summer trip.
Thinking of all you still waiting. Katiebobbles you will be next I'm sure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations BacktoOz!! I also received mine this afternoon. Both the 309 and 100. So relieved. Have to arrive before 23 March so can now look forward to a summer trip.

Hoooooooooooorahhhhhhh .... couldn’t be happier for you, such great news. It’s been a long wait, now you can relax a little and celebrate at last [emoji898][emoji322]🥂
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, laf said:

Congrats! They must've been clearing their desks for the weekend! 

20 minutes ago, mhaffie said:

Hoooooooooooorahhhhhhh .... couldn’t be happier for you, such great news. It’s been a long wait, now you can relax a little and celebrate at last emoji898.pngemoji322.png🥂

Thanks so much mhaffie.  Out for a family curry tomorrow night, nothing too fancy, wine and beers instead of cocktails and champagne. Need to conserve our money for the forthcoming trip!  Still can't believe it's real. 🤩

• Like 1

Congrats[mention=267521]laf[/mention] that is fab news. I hope you are right this is awful ..... I will be so relieved when it's all over. I may write to Santa see what he can do!!!!!

There seems to be a few grants being issued that were asked for further info, I reckon they will try to churn out a few prior to Christmas, I doubt you’ll wait much longer Katie, there’s no harm in giving Santa a nudge though [emoji4]
  • Like 1