Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Nadine1

Timeline on 309/100 via applied for in London

Recommended Posts

@Jimjam123 and @HayleyOz, could I ask you guys when your latest entry date is? I'm afraid of lodging too early as I don't want to move until Q3 2021. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am starting to feel like I've got George Gershwin on repeat...  🎵 "They're writing songs of love, but not for me...A lucky star's above, but not for me" 🎵 😂 😂

Seriously though, congrats to those who've had their grants and have let us know your timelines, its good to know there's real movement happening. Hopefully we get ours through soon too, really looking forward to making the move.


309/100 submitted July 2019 front loaded no agent

Applicant police checks completed pre-application, June 2019; sponsor police checks July 2019

Medical August 2019

RFI February 2020 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I received the 100 visa this week 🙂 yay!

It says we have a year from approval to enter.

Happy days!

  • Congratulations 1

Applied 17/6/19 no agent

sponsor form completed July 19

front loaded Police Checks for applicant and sponsor November 19

front loaded medical check November 19

RFI Feb 2020.

Grant March 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mdog said:

@Jimjam123 and @HayleyOz, could I ask you guys when your latest entry date is? I'm afraid of lodging too early as I don't want to move until Q3 2021. Thanks!

You get a year from the visa being approved, so we have until March 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2020 at 18:29, bmcervale said:

That's great for you. I have no idea how they can do it so quick for some, my wife's application is still showing as received as the status, which it has for 6 months. Did you lodge through the London office?

Yes - we had to select the London office as the closest to us so I'm assuming that is where it went through! We are based in the republic of ireland though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone with a recent grant, who also had a child whilst waiting for the visa to process, please tell me what happened with regard to that child being added to the application? Was the child included in the visa grant or were you expected to get a further/new visa for the child? We’ve added our baby via the “change in circumstances” paperwork but it’s unclear what would then happen. 


309/100 submitted July 2019 front loaded no agent

Applicant police checks completed pre-application, June 2019; sponsor police checks July 2019

Medical August 2019

RFI February 2020 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kazronicus said:

Can anyone with a recent grant, who also had a child whilst waiting for the visa to process, please tell me what happened with regard to that child being added to the application? Was the child included in the visa grant or were you expected to get a further/new visa for the child? We’ve added our baby via the “change in circumstances” paperwork but it’s unclear what would then happen. 

Presumably you or your partner is an Australian citizen and so you would just need to apply for their citizenship once they are born. They wouldn’t need a visa.  


Applied from London - 6th September 2019 

Medical uploaded 17th Jan

AFP clearance uploaded 27th Jan 

UK police clearance uploaded 23rd March 

Australian husband - together 10 years, married 7.
2 children with dual citizenship. 
 

Travel exemption and visitor visa granted July 2020
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lepea said:

Presumably you or your partner is an Australian citizen and so you would just need to apply for their citizenship once they are born. They wouldn’t need a visa.  

We're in a slightly odd position in that I'm a citizen by descent, and because I haven't lived in Australia recently, our child does not qualify for citizenship/a passport yet. I grew up overseas, but my parents moved back a while ago, and they and my wider family all live in Australia now!


309/100 submitted July 2019 front loaded no agent

Applicant police checks completed pre-application, June 2019; sponsor police checks July 2019

Medical August 2019

RFI February 2020 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kazronicus said:

We're in a slightly odd position in that I'm a citizen by descent, and because I haven't lived in Australia recently, our child does not qualify for citizenship/a passport yet. I grew up overseas, but my parents moved back a while ago, and they and my wider family all live in Australia now!

I see. Could you be in Australia before the birth - would that give the child automatic citizenship? 
 

It might be worth starting a separate post to gain some advice from one of the migration agents on this site? 


Applied from London - 6th September 2019 

Medical uploaded 17th Jan

AFP clearance uploaded 27th Jan 

UK police clearance uploaded 23rd March 

Australian husband - together 10 years, married 7.
2 children with dual citizenship. 
 

Travel exemption and visitor visa granted July 2020
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I have lodged my 309/100 application through London. I have read a lot of people have been granted the visa in the last week, congratulation to all!! I am hopeful that my decision comes fast too.

Here is my timeline

Application Lodged: 07-Feb-2020

RFI (health and witness statement): 28-Feb-2020

RFI submitted: 12-March-2020

Decision: waiting....what do you think ? Should I expect something soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone else has heard anything in regards to the visa's in the current global situation but I got an email this morning from my agent saying that because the majority of visa's for Australia are long term plans, they are processing them as normal, but they are experiencing very high demand - I'm not sure if this will slow down some people's applications. 

Keep the faith everyone, we'll get there in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CloLou said:

I don't know if anyone else has heard anything in regards to the visa's in the current global situation but I got an email this morning from my agent saying that because the majority of visa's for Australia are long term plans, they are processing them as normal, but they are experiencing very high demand - I'm not sure if this will slow down some people's applications. 

Keep the faith everyone, we'll get there in the end. 

Thank you. I hope that is the case. I also went to Australian High Commission London website, it said they are open and operating as normal.

Stay strong !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, has anyone received any update or perhaps a grant this week? Hanging on for positive news... 

Our timeline is:

Application lodged: 09 July 2019 (fully front-loaded)

RFI (form 80 and family photos): 24 Feb 2020

RFI submitted: 27 Feb 2020

We've been together 16 years; married 13 years; and have three children with Australian citizenship/dual nationality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MrsH said:

Hi all, has anyone received any update or perhaps a grant this week? Hanging on for positive news... 

Our timeline is:

Application lodged: 09 July 2019 (fully front-loaded)

RFI (form 80 and family photos): 24 Feb 2020

RFI submitted: 27 Feb 2020

We've been together 16 years; married 13 years; and have three children with Australian citizenship/dual nationality.

I applied 3rd July and havnt had an RFI or anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tmduk said:

I applied 3rd July and havnt had an RFI or anything. 

The order of grant approvals is confusing me a little but it seems there are still a few of us from mid- last year crossing our fingers and hoping... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone in Oz on a 600 awaiting the 309/100 partner to be approved. Curious to know what will happen in the circumstance you get asked to leave for a decision to be made on partner visa given the current circumstances. 


Married 2 years no kids | Applied 309/100 through agent -29 Nov 2018 | Applicant Medical /police checks - April 2019 (frontloaded) | 600 grant 12 mths multiple entry - 14 Nov 2019 | 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my husband is and he's to leave so wee booked a flight to Bali for Friday and sir Asia cancelled it. Apparently the government is aware of this but their is nothing in place. My husband's medical and police check run out in July and was told they can't freeze it and he will need to do his medical and police e check here and then upload again and wait to be told to leave again. Spent all day yesterday on the phone utter nightmare 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2020 at 14:59, GRS said:

Is there anyone in Oz on a 600 awaiting the 309/100 partner to be approved. Curious to know what will happen in the circumstance you get asked to leave for a decision to be made on partner visa given the current circumstances. 

I am here at the moment in this circumstance. I have until September to leave! I have contacted the immigration minister for help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2020 at 19:09, Pneill said:

Yeah my husband is and he's to leave so wee booked a flight to Bali for Friday and sir Asia cancelled it. Apparently the government is aware of this but their is nothing in place. My husband's medical and police check run out in July and was told they can't freeze it and he will need to do his medical and police e check here and then upload again and wait to be told to leave again. Spent all day yesterday on the phone utter nightmare 

I was due to leave for NZ on the first april. Been told I have until September to leave. I am contacting the Australian immigration minister for help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no - sorry to hear it! good luck both @Pneill and @Poppysunday. This is unexpected stress in an already painful process! At least they have extended the normal period to leave so I guess that is something and your partners are here with you rather than being stuck at opposite ends of the world..  Good luck with the immigration minister! 

 


Married 2 years no kids | Applied 309/100 through agent -29 Nov 2018 | Applicant Medical /police checks - April 2019 (frontloaded) | 600 grant 12 mths multiple entry - 14 Nov 2019 | 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do people think is going to happen with offshore spouse visas with everything going on? Was hoping to move to oz around the end of the year but worried about the economy now. Likely they'll extend the 12 month entry period from approval date? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/03/2020 at 02:24, MrsH said:

The order of grant approvals is confusing me a little but it seems there are still a few of us from mid- last year crossing our fingers and hoping... 

It's impossible to judge from the posts on this forum, because there are people here from all over the world, and applications are not processed in order of receipt.

Straightforward applications from "low risk" countries are processed fastest.    All applications from "high risk" countries have significant delays because of extra security checks.

Any application which isn't straightforward is put aside and it's not clear how long they take to be looked at.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OzinEire said:

What do people think is going to happen with offshore spouse visas with everything going on? Was hoping to move to oz around the end of the year but worried about the economy now. Likely they'll extend the 12 month entry period from approval date? 

Once you get the grant, you are the spouse of an Australian citizen and you're allowed to enter the country.  Your only issue will be getting a flight.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OzinEire said:

What do people think is going to happen with offshore spouse visas with everything going on? Was hoping to move to oz around the end of the year but worried about the economy now. Likely they'll extend the 12 month entry period from approval date? 

Hi OzinEire, According to Australian High Commission London, they are operating as normal, however, there might be some delays in Visa Processing due to Covid-19, this is comforting. On the flip side, till 2 weeks ago a lot of people on the forum were posting news about their Grants. Since last week I haven't seen any, this is worrying.

We will get there eventually !.

Stay Safe.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

It's impossible to judge from the posts on this forum, because there are people here from all over the world, and applications are not processed in order of receipt.

Straightforward applications from "low risk" countries are processed fastest.    All applications from "high risk" countries have significant delays because of extra security checks.

Any application which isn't straightforward is put aside and it's not clear how long they take to be looked at.

Thanks @Marisawright 

We are British + British/Australian but currently working in Dubai so that may account for any additional delay with our application. I had assumed applications were processed in order of receipt, makes more sense now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×