Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

7 hours ago, wombatinabox said:

Not even a GP? Check professions of your friends and colleagues at work see if they are in the list. Worse case scenario get a justice of peace to sign it for you that's what most ppl in your situation do, however not all agree to do it.

Do you know if DIBP call them to ask questions about applicants?

8 hours ago, captainhoomi said:

Do you know if DIBP call them to ask questions about applicants?

In the vast majority of cases they do not call. However while I was getting mine done, I did read cases online where they did call. It’s a rare occurrence but you need to assume that they will call to verify.

• Thanks 1

To help ascertain the pattern of processing, I suggest we should share our info in following format. 

Application submitted: 21-07-2017

Residence City:   Brisbane

Application type: Paper

Application Processing center:  Brisbane office

Received email after 18th October announcement:    No

• Like 1

Hi,

My family and I have applied for the citizenship on 8th May pending update. I have to move to another country for temporary work assignment shortly and wonder if that has any implication on the citizenship application?

Thanks

Hi

I got a question regarding citizenship residence calculator.

My PR was granted on 19th May 2017 while I was overseas for business. I then returned to Australia on 21 May 2017.

When I tried to enter each trip overseas in the last four years, the calculator says PR date cannot occur during trip therefore I could not enter this trip as it is in the calculator.

(should be 10/05/2017-21/05/2017 however the calculator only allowed me to enter as 10/05/2017-19/05/2017 due to abovementioned reason)

Does anyone know if this will affect me eligibility (Assume I meet the residential requirement) to apply for the citizenship ? Is there any restriction travelling on PR granted day ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Elliot

36 minutes ago, Elliotkan said:

Hi

I got a question regarding citizenship residence calculator.

My PR was granted on 19th May 2017 while I was overseas for business. I then returned to Australia on 21 May 2017.

When I tried to enter each trip overseas in the last four years, the calculator says PR date cannot occur during trip therefore I could not enter this trip as it is in the calculator.

(should be 10/05/2017-21/05/2017 however the calculator only allowed me to enter as 10/05/2017-19/05/2017 due to abovementioned reason)

Does anyone know if this will affect me eligibility (Assume I meet the residential requirement) to apply for the citizenship ? Is there any restriction travelling on PR granted day ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Elliot

Hi Elliot,

I don't think it matters if you are overseas when your PR was granted. the calculator is just a guide, try to adjust the 2 days in advance to cover for your travel overseas (make it 8/05/2017).

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zet01 said:

Hi Elliot,

I don't think it matters if you are overseas when your PR was granted. the calculator is just a guide, try to adjust the 2 days in advance to cover for your travel overseas (make it 8/05/2017).

Hope that helps.

Thanks mate. will try.

Hi! I just realised that i made  a mistake when I filled online citizenship application.please help me. 

1-My surname only was changed after marriage but I forgot to mention it in application  question maiden name. And I answered NO.

(I  have evidence my birth certficate)

2-my children are included in my application but my husband lodged his separate application by using my IMMI Account.there was a question in my children details.is there any other responsible parent  who is not included in this application?  i Answered No 

but correct answer is YES???

3-is there any person who is not applying citizenship.i answerd NO.  my baby already citizen Borned here. 

I think correct answer is YES and should give details of my citizen baby????

but when I was filling my baby details.there was warning question     

And I thought its because he is already citizen so don't need to mention him??

4- Can I fill form 1023 online??? Or can give it interview time.?

5-does it effect on application if you made mistake in answer and again correct it?

6-in form 1023 they ask in question,what was the reason you gave incorrect information?

what should I write the reason?It was just a mistake..

Please  reply

sorry for the long text. 

Thanks in advance

39 minutes ago, Cool said:

Hi! I just realised that i made  a mistake when I filled online citizenship application.please help me. 

1-My surname only was changed after marriage but I forgot to mention it in application  question maiden name. And I answered NO.

(I  have evidence my birth certficate)

2-my children are included in my application but my husband lodged his separate application by using my IMMI Account.there was a question in my children details.is there any other responsible parent  who is not included in this application?  i Answered No 

but correct answer is YES???

3-is there any person who is not applying citizenship.i answerd NO.  my baby already citizen Borned here. 

I think correct answer is YES and should give details of my citizen baby????

but when I was filling my baby details.there was warning question     

And I thought its because he is already citizen so don't need to mention him??

4- Can I fill form 1023 online??? Or can give it interview time.?

5-does it effect on application if you made mistake in answer and again correct it?

6-in form 1023 they ask in question,what was the reason you gave incorrect information?

what should I write the reason?It was just a mistake..

Please  reply

sorry for the long text. 

Thanks in advance

I'd lodge Form 1023 if any of the answers were incorrect. I only noted one typo on my online application and just submitted Form 1023. I wouldn't want to leave it to when my app starts being assessed as it will only delay the process. You can download the form, fill in and attach to your online application (I just did it :)

Spoke to DIBP today after being on hold for 2 hours to chase up an acknowledgement on my paper based application which was submitted early June 2017.  They said the debit of the fee from my account should act as acknowledgement which is confusing because I have read on here that other paper based applicants have received acknowledgement letters. Anyhoo they said they have begun processing the on hold applications and it could be between anytime now & +14 months that I can expect to receive an invite to sit the citizenship test. It was originally a 2-4week wait before all this mess started. Im beyond frustrated. 

Application submitted: 08-06-2017

Residence City:   Sydney

Application Processing center:  Sydney office (I assume)

Edited by Rorz

Hi Anneoz!

In form 1023 they ask question,what was the reason you gave incorrect information?

what should I write the reason/what are the right words.

" I noticed after submit my application that I made mistake"..ok?

Please  reply

14 minutes ago, Cool said:

Hi Anneoz!

In form 1023 they ask question,what was the reason you gave incorrect information?

what should I write the reason/what are the right words.

" I noticed after submit my application that I made mistake"..ok?

Please  reply

Hi there, I’d be honest and give as much truth as possible. Like in your case you could say ‘I misread the question and later I realised I missed to consider that my husband is an applicant not included in this application (he will submit a separate application) and my child would not be included in this application as already a citizen (by birth)’

3 hours ago, Rorz said:

Spoke to DIBP today after being on hold for 2 hours to chase up an acknowledgement on my paper based application which was submitted early June 2017.  They said the debit of the fee from my account should act as acknowledgement which is confusing because I have read on here that other paper based applicants have received acknowledgement letters. Anyhoo they said they have begun processing the on hold applications and it could be between anytime now & +14 months that I can expect to receive an invite to sit the citizenship test. It was originally a 2-4week wait before all this mess started. Im beyond frustrated. 

Application submitted: 08-06-2017

Residence City:   Sydney

Application Processing center:  Sydney office (I assume)

They themselves don’t really know what is happening so they just repeat what the website says. I’m sure the first few weeks after the change will be a mess but will start getting back on track. I’d just be parient and settle it’s probably going to take time :)

Do you have an online immi account? Does it say we’ve received your application? Did you confirm with them they had your papers? I heard some people gor their papers lost so good to confirm all that.

Edited by AnneOz