Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

Hi guys!! Hope you all are doing better after this BS. ( not for long untill Dutton comes back to play again ).

I am eligible for citizenship however i was done for drink and drive back in 2010 n caught driving whilst disqualified in 2011 for which i went to court where i was fined but no conviction was recorded and nothing shows up on my police clearance. I was verified it with AFP and they were aware but as i said as it was not recorded as a conviction it wo t affect my police clearance.

Now i am curious to know if this is going to effect me big time?

Would they try to go hard on people like me. 

Do i still mention it in my application or just leave it as it is?

I am thinking to get a legal advise but thought id see if anyone here had been througg same or similar scenario.

Your input would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi guys!! Hope you all are doing better after this BS. ( not for long untill Dutton comes back to play again ).

I am eligible for citizenship however i was done for drink and drive back in 2010 n caught driving whilst disqualified in 2011 for which i went to court where i was fined but no conviction was recorded and nothing shows up on my police clearance. I was verified it with AFP and they were aware but as i said as it was not recorded as a conviction it wo t affect my police clearance.

I am thinking to get a legal advise but thought id see if anyone here had been througg same or similar scenario.

Cheers

Cheers

8 hours ago, Developer said:

Cheers

If nothing shows up on your police clearance then you will be fine

10 hours ago, AnneOz said:

They themselves don’t really know what is happening so they just repeat what the website says. I’m sure the first few weeks after the change will be a mess but will start getting back on track. I’d just be parient and settle it’s probably going to take time :)

Do you have an online immi account? Does it say we’ve received your application? Did you confirm with them they had your papers? I heard some people gor their papers lost so good to confirm all that.

Yes I do have an existing online immi account from my PR application a couple of years ago but as I mentioned I submitted a paper based application for citizenship. I logged in to it to check in any case but no communication from the department. Citizenship application processing time on the website still says 90% processed in 21 days so not sure why i was advised 14 months on the phone by the department. My lodgement falls under the evidence based category surely? 

Australian Citizenship application type 75% of applications processed in 90% of applications processed in
Conferral (lodgement to ceremony**) 10 months 14 months
Descent (lodgement to decision) 59 days 4 months
Evidence (lodgement to decision) 14 days 21 days

2 minutes ago, Rorz said:

Yes I do have an existing online immi account from my PR application a couple of years ago but as I mentioned I submitted a paper based application for citizenship. I logged in to it to check in any case but no communication from the department. Citizenship application processing time on the website still says 90% processed in 21 days so not sure why i was advised 14 months on the phone by the department. My lodgement falls under the evidence based category surely? 

Australian Citizenship application type 75% of applications processed in 90% of applications processed in
Conferral (lodgement to ceremony**) 10 months 14 months
Descent (lodgement to decision) 59 days 4 months
Evidence (lodgement to decision) 14 days 21 days

Rorz, are you an Australian citizen? Evidence based one only applies if you already are.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/Curr/evidence-of-australian-citizenship/eligibility

Hey guys,

I lodged my application in August and now waiting to be processed which probably will take months! Now can I travel overseas during this long waiting time? I remember there was a question in the form that if I plan to travel overseas in the next 12 months and I answered no, but now plans have changed and I have to travel for some family stuff. Will it cause issues to my application?  Appreciate your help with this! :)

TIMELINE FOR CITIZENSHIP

Member Name

Application Submitted

Residence City

Application Type

Acknowledge of receipt

Any Update from DIBP

Edited by Chava

16 minutes ago, Chava said:

Hey Guys,

I just created a google doc to share everyone citizenship application details in one place.

Here is the link for that and you can input any update of your application.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VS-VqCOlolW_sQ1kjPUnyPFURBPwrnCaMyui1o2TUtI/edit?usp=sharing

Hope it helps for everyone.

Hi Mate,

Below one is exists for long time and in use by most of the people from last 2 years

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

1 hour ago, Chava said:

Hey Guys,

I just created a google doc to share everyone citizenship application details in one place.

Here is the link for that and you can input any update of your application.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VS-VqCOlolW_sQ1kjPUnyPFURBPwrnCaMyui1o2TUtI/edit?usp=sharing

Hope it helps for everyone.

It seems a lot easier to use than the old one. 

Thanks Chava

Yes i agree, the new sheet is  simpler and targeted. It can help understand current processing patterns. We should add the column for "Processing Center" because I assume people can send paper applications to processing centres which are different from their residence city.

Jump in guys!!

3 hours ago, captain_hoomi said:

Hey guys,

I lodged my application in August and now waiting to be processed which probably will take months! Now can I travel overseas during this long waiting time? I remember there was a question in the form that if I plan to travel overseas in the next 12 months and I answered no, but now plans have changed and I have to travel for some family stuff. Will it cause issues to my application?  Appreciate your help with this! :)

Hi mate, it’s fine you can travel just make sure to call DIBP and inform them of your travel plan and approx time overseas they will log it in the system.

just keep in mind as long as you are overseas you will not get a test date. Which is why most people limit their travels while waiting for citizenship. 

• Thanks 1

Hi!

what to select

in form 1023,question 12:incorrect information provided was on:

visa application

passenger card

form 1022.

but I made mistake in citizenship application not in visa application. 

please tell me what to select from these options?

i think,fill it with pen and write citizen application???

-Q15 and 16 do I have to fill here my current visa details OR citizenship  application  details??its very confusing.

please help

thanks

14 minutes ago, Cool said:

Hi!

what to select

in form 1023,question 12:incorrect information provided was on:

visa application

passenger card

form 1022.

but I made mistake in citizenship application not in visa application. 

please tell me what to select from these options?

i think,fill it with pen and write citizen application???

-Q15 and 16 do I have to fill here my current visa details OR citizenship  application  details??its very confusing.

please help

thanks

Click Visa application in Q12 and then Q16, Visa Class: Citizenship. I left Q15 empty as not a visa application but a citizenship application. That's what I did with mine. You also attach the Form to your citizenship application in Immi online account so it is assumed the attached document relates to your citizenship application.

6 hours ago, Rorz said:

If nothing shows up on your police clearance then you will be fine

This is wrong advise! How will Developer answer question 39? Please answer the following questions for yourself and any children
included in your application:
(a) Have you been convicted of, or found
guilty of, ANY offences overseas or in
Australia (include all traffic offences which
went to court, including offences declared
in your permanent residence application,
and any ‘spent’ convictions)?
(b) Have you been confined in a prison

YOU  HAVE TO DISCLOSE ALL CONVICTIONS AS FINES ARE ALSO CONVICTIONS AND NOT DISCLOSING TRUE INFORMATION CAN LEAD TO REVOKE YOUR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP AFTERWARDS.

Secondly, you have to sign the declaration at the end which could come back biting you: • I declare that the information I have supplied in this form is
complete, truthful and correct in every detail.
 YOU HAVE TO DISCLOS THIS INFORMATION AND SEEK APPORPRIATE ASSISTANCE FROM EITHER A REGISTRED MARA AGENT OR LAWYER.

Edited by silencio

Based on my calculation of various timelines from different forums, if DIBP is now actively processing applications after the bill was rejected, the first applications from April 20 should start processing towards the end of this week or next week. 

If not, then there is definitely some kind of internal pause still going on. 

1 minute ago, wombatinabox said:

Based on my calculation of various timelines from different forums, if DIBP is now actively processing applications after the bill was rejected, the first applications from April 20 should start processing towards the end of this week or next week. 

If not, then there is definitely some kind of internal pause still going on. 

yes,  and we'll only know it if such applicants share their update on the forums here!!

35 minutes ago, silencio said:

This is wrong advise! How will Developer answer question 39? Please answer the following questions for yourself and any children
included in your application:
(a) Have you been convicted of, or found
guilty of, ANY offences overseas or in
Australia (include all traffic offences which
went to court, including offences declared
in your permanent residence application,
and any ‘spent’ convictions)?
(b) Have you been confined in a prison

YOU  HAVE TO DISCLOSE ALL CONVICTIONS AS FINES ARE ALSO CONVICTIONS AND NOT DISCLOSING TRUE INFORMATION CAN LEAD TO REVOKE YOUR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP AFTERWARDS.

Secondly, you have to sign the declaration at the end which could come back biting you: • I declare that the information I have supplied in this form is
complete, truthful and correct in every detail.
 YOU HAVE TO DISCLOS THIS INFORMATION AND SEEK APPORPRIATE ASSISTANCE FROM EITHER A REGISTRED MARA AGENT OR LAWYER.

This forum is amazing!! I just remembered I had a penalty notice for a minor traffic offence back in 2015 which I voluntarily took to court but was unsuccessful in disputing :)

Hello people, so I qualified to apply for citizenship on the 16th Aug 2017, but due to the changes made in April 2017, I could not apply for my citizenship, now recently the rule has been changed again back to the original rule... So does that mean that I'm eligible to apply for the citizenship. 

Also, I'm currently not in Australia, so do I need to be in Australia to APPLY for the citizenship, or can I apply online and then head back to Oz. 

Thanks very much