Changes to pathway to Citizenship

Beffers

1 hour ago, AnneOz said:

This forum is amazing!! I just remembered I had a penalty notice for a minor traffic offence back in 2015 which I voluntarily took to court but was unsuccessful in disputing :)

You shouldn't have a problem getting your citizenship as only minor traffic offence but everything that goes to court has to be declared with IMMI. IMMI will regard 'forgetfulness' as bogus when they gonna detect it and IMMI will certainly not disclose the ability how they manage to find out when you read the story below.

Here's what Uncle google says and I'm sure Developer should have found the same: http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/08/01/ritnesh-kumar-denied-australian-citizenship-over-traffic-offences

Anyway, Developer should read the 'Good character requirements" and open his own thread.

Edited by silencio

also, for the citizenship application , when they ask for a police clearing cert . is that supposed to be a current PCC or for the time period of 90 days when we are outside australia .. so basically are they looking for a backdated PCC ??? thanks

1 hour ago, silencio said:

You shouldn't have a problem getting your citizenship as only minor traffic offence but everything that goes to court has to be declared with IMMI. IMMI will regard 'forgetfulness' as bogus when they gonna detect it and IMMI will certainly not disclose the ability how they manage to find out when you read the story below.

Here's what Uncle google says and I'm sure Developer should have found the same: http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/08/01/ritnesh-kumar-denied-australian-citizenship-over-traffic-offences

Anyway, Developer should read the 'Good character requirements" and open his own thread.

I know bu default I have to give all information. Even if more than required :) 

25 minutes ago, Animesh said:

also, for the citizenship application , when they ask for a police clearing cert . is that supposed to be a current PCC or for the time period of 90 days when we are outside australia .. so basically are they looking for a backdated PCC ??? thanks

I don’t think PCC can be backdated. Others might argue. You just ask for one and they are supposed to provide all information on your name/ID number etc.

4 minutes ago, Animesh said:

thanks anne.. 

on a different note , once we are qualified for the citizenship , does it matter if we are outside the country for more than 90 days , before we apply for citizenship ??

The requirement is each country been to for more than 90 days for the time you have been on your PR so I assume yes. 

8 minutes ago, AnneOz said:

The requirement is each country been to for more than 90 days for the time you have been on your PR so I assume yes. 

OH NOO... i was under the impression that once i have qualified for citizenship (which was 16th august for me.. and i left oz on the 30th august ) , my travelling time durations wont affect my citizenship date as it has already been met with .... might have to pack up again :( 

17 hours ago, AnneOz said:

I know bu default I have to give all information. Even if more than required :) 

Hi @AnneOz so did you still indicate your minor offence in the citizenship application? My husband had one minor parking offence with Parks Victoria, we did not appeal and paid the fine. I wonder whether we should have declared it.

Just now, Zet01 said:

Hi @AnneOz so did you still indicate your minor offence in the citizenship application? My husband had one minor parking offence with Parks Victoria, we did not appeal and paid the fine. I wonder whether we should have declared it.

I did go to court for mine as I appealed twice it and lost. And because I forgot I did go to court, I didn't declare in the initial submission of the application but to be on the safe side, I just added a Form 1023 to the application. In your husband's case though, I would not indicate Yes if just a parking offence and he paid it straight off without disputing (as he didn't go to court). Hope that helps :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zet01 said:

Only if it went to court. Millions of people get fines every year it’s not a big deal you don’t have to include it if it didn’t go to court.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AnneOz said:

I did go to court for mine as I appealed twice it and lost. And because I forgot I did go to court, I didn't declare in the initial submission of the application but to be on the safe side, I just added a Form 1023 to the application. In your husband's case though, I would not indicate Yes if just a parking offence and he paid it straight off without disputing (as he didn't go to court). Hope that helps :)

Great! Thanks a lot for your clarification. :)

1 minute ago, wombatinabox said:

Only if it went to court. Millions of people get fines every year it’s not a big deal you don’t have to include it if it didn’t go to court.

Thanks a lot! It just got me worried a bit. haha! :)

17 hours ago, Animesh said:

OH NOO... i was under the impression that once i have qualified for citizenship (which was 16th august for me.. and i left oz on the 30th august ) , my travelling time durations wont affect my citizenship date as it has already been met with .... might have to pack up again :( 

You have to meet the residence requirement on the date you apply. Travel after you have applied doesn't affect it. If however you travel before applying then yes, that makes a difference. You need to have been in Australia a minimum of both 3 quarters of the year immediately before you apply and 3 quarters of the 4 years immediately before you apply - or put it another way no more than 365 days outside the country in the previous 4 years and no more than 90 days outside the country in the previous year as at the date you apply.

3 hours ago, Ken said:

You have to meet the residence requirement on the date you apply. Travel after you have applied doesn't affect it. If however you travel before applying then yes, that makes a difference. You need to have been in Australia a minimum of both 3 quarters of the year immediately before you apply and 3 quarters of the 4 years immediately before you apply - or put it another way no more than 365 days outside the country in the previous 4 years and no more than 90 days outside the country in the previous year as at the date you apply.

Thanks Ken, I think that kinda clears it out.. I was clearly under the wrong impression... Thanks again... I'll be heading back before that 90 day mark now. 

Hi!

My husband forgot to give answer of this question in online citizenship application. 

Q:Date the applicant 'first Australian visa granted(if known )

Does he need to fill form 1023 for this one question only and it says (if known)?

what do you think

Please help

thanks.

19 minutes ago, Cool said:

Hi!

My husband forgot to give answer of this question in online citizenship application. 

Q:Date the applicant 'first Australian visa granted(if known )

Does he need to fill form 1023 for this one question only and it says (if known)?

what do you think

Please help

thanks.

I left that blank since I cannot remember the date anymore. It mentions if known, so I just left it blank.

Edited by Zet01

35 minutes ago, captain_hoomi said:

Hey guys, I just realized I have selected the wrong council (applicant's local council) with my application. Should I call and fix this or it's not a big deal?

Thanks,

Try submitting Form 1023 to correct it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, captain_hoomi said:

isn't that form for visa applications?

AnneOz used that form for corrections on her application. Try reading the earlier post from 1-2 days ago of this thread. She mentioned on what to do with it.

I will quote it here for easy reference:

"Click Visa application in Q12 and then Q16, Visa Class: Citizenship. I left Q15 empty as not a visa application but a citizenship application. That's what I did with mine. You also attach the Form to your citizenship application in Immi online account so it is assumed the attached document relates to your citizenship application. "

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 08:48, Rorz said:

If nothing shows up on your police clearance then you will be fine

If you want to be a citizen of a country you should first consider honesty and admissibility. The Department knows everything. If you are aware in the Application Form (Paper) there is a question asking if you ever held an Australian Driver License and if yes they need the License Number. You understand what is that info required for. The Department will know everything by the time they start processing your application.

Good Luck

Edited by Ari An

Minor traffic offences that simply result in a fine that was not disputed do not need to be declared though.  Crickey the majority of the driving population will pick up at least one in a lifetime!

Strangely in nearly 50 years on the road I have had 4 tickets.  One for Parking and three for speeding (whoops). Two of those recently in Australia!  They are more stringent here!  I am certainly not alone.  

Hi All,
Can anyone please please help me with the following queries

I have just join this forum. This forum is amazing. I got a lot of helpful information from this forum.

I was granted 489 SRS on 08/02/2013 and arrived Adelaide on 07/04/2013.
I applied for 887 PR on 06/02/2017, granted bridging on 06/02/2017, and granted PR on 27/06/2017. I will then be eligible by 27/06/2018. 

(1) In August 2013, I had a minor traffic fine,, which I paid and in February 2017 I had an accident, report has been registered. However, SA Police has issued me a warning with no demerit points and no fines. Do I need to disclose any of these information in my future application?
(2) Do I need to get panel clearance certificate for my stay in Pakistan before 06/04/2013 before coming to Australia?

Thanks

Edited by ArsalanAhmad

Last few days I am watching people asking a question about citizenship form regarding Traffic fines or demerit bla bla ...

guys red lite fine, speed fine is not a big offense. But if u did hit n run or driving car with suspended licenses or court call u several issues or any issues that u attend court , u have to inform in to your application form.

very simple is that  issues with court related anything everyone have to show.

i had a red light , after that speed fine during my PR application. But I apply for AFP certificate it was clear coz It was not a criminal offense.. make sense.

• Like 1

Thank you @Ali369829  for your prompt reply.

Can anyone please help me with my other questions

(1) Is there any list of councils in South Australia which conducts citizenship test/ceremony? 

(2) Do I need to get panel clearance certificate for my stay in Pakistan before 06/04/2013 before coming to Australia?

Thanks