On 24/12/2020 at 16:22, DrunkBell said:

So no ANZSCO 263111 : Computer Network and Systems Engineer applicant around to share any experience?

Yap, here I am. 

But it's not a good experience to share as I am heading to 2nd Anniversary. Long waiting.. Almost forgetting!!   

12 hours ago, M A Z said:

Yap, here I am. 

But it's not a good experience to share as I am heading to 2nd Anniversary. Long waiting.. Almost forgetting!!   

That's really too long for an ICT occupation. Can we know what are three S56 requests asked by immigration? Also, what is your immigration agent saying about this long waiting?

Just thought I would introduce myself - we are in month 5 of the application being submitted and are waiting. We are all offshore so I know that everything is more complicated, but if anyone hears about progress moving forward for offshore/ non PMSOL occupations then I would love to know.

All of us are a bit discouraged being offshore and hearing nothing but crickets for months on end....

Nomination: Established employed - used a MARA agent appointed by employer so unsure of date of approval but has been approved.

Visa Application: 29/7/2020

Medicals submitted: 9/3/2020

2 hours ago, raza12345 said:

Hi,

My employer wants to nominate me for 186 direct entry, however, he is not willing to do labor market testing. For 186 nomination, does it impact the nomination outcome if labor market testing is not done?

Please guide,

Thanks

Your employer should ask their migration agent.  If they are not using a migration agent to handle the case, they are very foolish and it is unlikely to succeed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raza12345 said:

Hi,

My employer wants to nominate me for 186 direct entry, however, he is not willing to do labor market testing. For 186 nomination, does it impact the nomination outcome if labor market testing is not done?

Please guide,

Thanks

There is an expectation that the position is advertised to demonstrate that there is a genuine need for an overseas worker to fill the position.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ohmoomtang said:

Happy New Year, I got my PR this morning

Nomination: 30 Nov 20
Approval: 3 Dec 20
PR Submitted: 3 Dec 20 
Medical: 4 Dec 20
Medical Cleared: 7 Dec 20
Grant: 5 Jan 21

Congratulations,

Did you apply through the migration agent? can you please share its details?

Thanks in advance.

42 minutes ago, raza12345 said:

Congratulations,

Did you apply through the migration agent? can you please share its details?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I applied through a registered migration agent.

They choose one for me, just only a small firm one.

I have one in my mind (that I want) as well but they did not allow me to choose so I needed to process with their chosen one.

16 hours ago, ohmoomtang said:

Yes, I applied through a registered migration agent.

They choose one for me, just only a small firm one.

I have one in my mind (that I want) as well but they did not allow me to choose so I needed to process with their chosen one.

I don't think that's legal.   The employer usually uses an agent to do their side of the application, but they can't make you use the same agent. 

My company was working with an agent; they told me that I could use theirs or find my own agent or even do it by myself. I don't think any company will force to use their agent, but I think there might be certain advantages to use theirs like lower fees and more importantly most of the documentation already prepared if the workplace made other applications in the past.

• Like 1

Just wanna ask your guys about Medicare card if you guys have any clue on this?

I have a physical blue "Interim" card since I applied for a PR.

At this time, I got my PR and I checked my Medicare online account. The digital card changes from Interim card to Green one and valid till 2026.

Will the new physical "green" Medicare card post to my home? Or do I need to walk-in to Centrelink to change from "blue" to "green"?

Thanks very much.

1 hour ago, ohmoomtang said:

At this time, I got my PR and I checked my Medicare online account. The digital card changes from Interim card to Green one and valid till 2026.

Will the new physical "green" Medicare card post to my home? Or do I need to walk-in to Centrelink to change from "blue" to "green"?

Thanks very much.

May I know the difference between Interim Medicare card and green Medicare card interims of benefit and coverage?

16 hours ago, ohmoomtang said:

Thanks very much.

@ohmoomtang I'm not sure if the rules have changed around this due to COVID, however, ~2 years ago, we were told that we had to physically go into a Centerlink to get this changed. 

- It was a real quick process and I think we were out of there in ±20-25min (for 4 of us) - we also ALL had to be present. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nneeri said:

May I know the difference between Interim Medicare card and green Medicare card interims of benefit and coverage?

@Nneeri Other than the interim having an expiry of 1 year, I don't recall any difference in benefit's or coverage. I do know that, although we were able to get Medicare whilst waiting for PR, we were not able to claim any CCS (Child care subsidy - this we had to wait for PR).  Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hex said:

@Nneeri Other than the interim having an expiry of 1 year, I don't recall any difference in benefit's or coverage. I do know that, although we were able to get Medicare whilst waiting for PR, we were not able to claim any CCS (Child care subsidy - this we had to wait for PR).  Hope that helps. 

Oh k, Thanks @Hex