10 hours ago, hongkoknger said:

Thanks so much guys. 

Just imported my application and it's currently sitting as "Further Assessment" . Not sure when it had been changed to this status. I have read a few pages of posts from this forum and have seen some mixed comments about the process time. 

Hopefully not long now, if I am one of the lucky ones who can get it after around 35 days.

I have also imported my application, but just want to double check that this doesn't affect the MA version? I still want them to have full access and control. I just want to be able log in and check status. Thanks

3 minutes ago, sj88 said:

I have also imported my application, but just want to double check that this doesn't affect the MA version? I still want them to have full access and control. I just want to be able log in and check status. Thanks

@sj88 Nope, this would not affect your MA or this their access to same in any way. You're safe 🙂

• Like 1

Hi guys, i applied 186 TRT visa applied on August 2018 as Restaurant Manager.

My nominations have been approved on 1st June and they ask for my police clearance from Australia and overseas on 12 jun which I already submit on same day.

But unfortunately my restaurant just sold to other employer, will that effect on my application???

7 minutes ago, Rujesh said:

My nominations have been approved on 1st June and they ask for my police clearance from Australia and overseas on 12 jun which I already submit on same day.

But unfortunately my restaurant just sold to other employer, will that effect on my application???

If the ABN of the business is different, then yes. This will be a problem.

If the ABN has not changed, I don’t think so. 

18 minutes ago, Rujesh said:

Is the restaurant still operating? Do you still have a job? If the answers are yes then they shouldn't be an issue. The sponsorship is for the role not the business owner, however if the new owner feels otherwise then you have an issue. I hope that makes sense? The visa is about the job and if that is still available then application should still be valid. 

Edited by Ayudante

8 minutes ago, Rujesh said:

Abn has been changed already 😔😔😔😔 

If the ABN has changed then you need to inform that the business has changed hands, this should be just a formality rather than cancelling the application. The reason is that the business need for you hasn't changed so they still need you in the role. Businesses change hands and i am sure they can't be cancelling applications just because owners have changed, especially if operations of the business are not changed. A good example if Coles was sold from owner A to owner B the employees are still required, so the change of hands should not impact applications. 

4 minutes ago, Mansu said:

How did they approve your nomination if the business was sold to another entity ?. 

I think you were lucky 🍀 .

Application was probably approved on documents submitted in primary application. The dept cant track business changes of ownership in real time, sometimes they depend on applicants updating them of changes that might affect their application. 

5 minutes ago, Ayudante said:

Is the restaurant still operating? Do you still have a job? If the answers are yes then they shouldn't be an issue. The sponsorship is for the role not the business owner, however if the new owner feels otherwise then you have an issue. I hope that makes sense? The visa is about the job and if that is still available then application should still be valid. 

Incorrect.

Your application is linked to the nomination - based on the business credentials - accounts etc...  They need to inform Immi of the change.
I know the nomination is already approved but if the department request any further information then likely your application will be refused.  There was a case like this a good few pages back.

I would recommend contacting an MA to discuss your options.

Obtained from Migration Agent

Nominator changes their ABN or ACN

Nominators can sometimes change ownership or business structures during the processing of a nomination or visa application which results in a new ABN or ACN. Nominators who obtain a new ABN or ACN are considered to be separate new entities, even if there are no practical differences, for example, the management and business practices remain unaffected.

Where the ABN or ACN details specified on the nomination form change, a new nomination must be lodged and the business will need to be reassessed against Regulation 5.19(2)(a).

Any associated visa application should be withdrawn and the nominee will need to make a new visa application. This is because the associated nomination will no longer be able to satisfy the visa time of decision criteria 856.221, that an approved nomination continues to satisfy all criteria for approval. A new visa application will be required as a new nomination must be lodged.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2019 at 23:04, pravincv said:

Hello,

Looking for advise for my partner's functional english assessment. She has a Proficient score in PTE (65+ in all) while the requirement is for a Functional competency. The Proficient/competent scores are valid for 3 years while functional competency is only valid for 12 months as per immi website. My partner's PTE score is 18 months old, can it be used to demonstrate functional competency? Since Proficient competency is superior to functional competency, is it safe to assume that she doesnt need to retake the exams again?

To avoid the second fee, the English test must be taken no earlier than 12 months before the date of application.  Regardless of whether she scored higher than the minimum for Functional English, you will likely be asked for her to retake the test or provide other evidence that she meets the criteria for Functional English.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Had a quick question and wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I had my nomination approved at the beginning of May (457 - 186 TRT). Medicals have been completed and all police checks have been submitted (My partners Canadian police check has expired).

Myself and my partner were recently overseas and while we were there i received an email from my MA asking me when i was due to return as a case officer had asked. I informed my MA and was told that the case officer couldn't grant the visas while we were overseas based on the expiry of our police checks however he would hold onto the case and grant the visas when we returned. I have been back for a little over a week now.

I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and knows roughly how much longer I will need to wait. I know this is a very difficult question to answer and there is never an exact date but I wasn't sure if this would be seen as a request for my information and i should be prepared to wait another few months or if (hopefully) I could expect it sooner.

Thanks in advance for any answers

58 minutes ago, LCC said:

Hey guys,

Had a quick question and wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I had my nomination approved at the beginning of May (457 - 186 TRT). Medicals have been completed and all police checks have been submitted (My partners Canadian police check has expired).

Myself and my partner were recently overseas and while we were there i received an email from my MA asking me when i was due to return as a case officer had asked. I informed my MA and was told that the case officer couldn't grant the visas while we were overseas based on the expiry of our police checks however he would hold onto the case and grant the visas when we returned. I have been back for a little over a week now.

I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and knows roughly how much longer I will need to wait. I know this is a very difficult question to answer and there is never an exact date but I wasn't sure if this would be seen as a request for my information and i should be prepared to wait another few months or if (hopefully) I could expect it sooner.

Thanks in advance for any answers

Hey,

Haven't heard of a similar circumstance, timelines are impossible to gauge. 

I would suggest contacting your MA to see if there is an update - can they contact the Case Officer directly to advise or if they can let you know.

It may be the case that your application is back in the pile for processing  - if that's the case then could be picked up today, tomorrow, next week or few months/year.

If you could add a signature with your timeline that will be helpful. ( https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/  )

State:
Birth Country: 
Stream: 

Number of applicants: 
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 
Visa Application submitted: 

IMMI Status: 

Hi guys, I haven't see any grant here from ages. Before the elections normally we see lots of grants every.
Is it actually elections impact on decisions or it just a coincidence?

Hey mate u had nomination approved ages ago what about your visa?

I didn't get my visa yet. My MA told me wait for 6 months than he will ask to the immi department.

This is not correct answer, doesn’t make sense that Nomination approved and wait for next 6 months for visa, I believe your nomination approved last 3 months before.

I don’t know what’s wrong with the department they are approving cooks from high risk countries between 3 to 7 months and Some of like me they are waiting almost 2 years.This is not fair I am getting frustrated day by day I don’t understand what to do in this situation 🥺

Edited by Mick1983

4 hours ago, ogiron said:

Waiting game begins !!!!!

Nomination for 457 -> ENS 186 the 20th MAY

Application for 457 -> ENS 186 the 25th MAY.

Designer / 1 Person / NSW

Hi, 

I am just wondering what's your visa status now? It should be on the front page after you log in. 

2 minutes ago, Mick1983 said:

I don’t know what’s wrong with the department they are approving cooks from high risk countries between 3 to 7 months and Some of like me they are waiting almost 2 years.This is not fair I am getting frustrated day by day I don’t understand what to do in this situation 🥺

So, is it fair that some of us have born in high risk counties and some others not? Your conclusion is not reasonable at all. There are many people that are from high risk countries and are waited for 2 years.

4 hours ago, Ayudante said:

Sorry @Ayudante this is not accurate. In these situations the company and ABN number plays a massive role in the visa validity. 

"If the ABN has changed then you need to inform that the business has changed hands, this should be just a formality rather than cancelling the application. The reason is that the business need for you hasn't changed so they still need you in the role. Businesses change hands and i am sure they can't be cancelling applications just because owners have changed, especially if operations of the business are not changed. A good example if Coles was sold from owner A to owner B the employees are still required, so the change of hands should not impact applications. "

Also, incorret;
If the ABN has changed, this would drastically impact the visa and nomination. 
- You would need to withdraw and reapply for both a new nomination (and in turn a visa). 

I don't mean to be picking on you, but providing wrong information could be detrimental to people cases, so when in doubt - i'd suggest to rather not. 

Edited by Hex