38 minutes ago, Andytomas said:

Why Hairdressers are scrutinised more than others? 

Do you know? I’m new in this forum! 

Many thanks

This isn't the case for all Hairdresser applicants, I've got a friend who worked for Tony & Guy a big firm who had their 186 come through at a decent time.

But I've also seen a few cases on here, where people were waiting nearly 2 years. 

I believe there is a few factors; 

• Size of the business, have they sponsored someone before. Small businesses with low revenue / staff generally get looked at in greater detail. A lot of Hairdressers I assume work for smaller salons. 
  • Hair Dresser is a ANZCO Level 3 Skill Job, and so the qualifications required to meet the Skill level e.g. a AQF Certificate / equivalent, which is available at college level may come from a bogus institute (more common than you think). Not to mention there is many variations of AQF Certificates, depending on which country you obtained the certification in.  In comparison to a ANZCO Level 1 - where you need a Bachelor Degree, and so the Institute is generally more well known / more clear cut. Thus, further investigation into the college / qualifications might be necessary, especially if from a HR country. 

Many other factors come into play also, but these are two that stand out for me. 

As you are TRT, and so have already had your 457 approved, this should help, as they've already approved you for that role, rather than a DE applicant.

Edited by Whites.uk
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

This isn't the case for all Hairdresser applicants, I've got a friend who worked for Tony & Guy a big firm who had their 186 come through at a decent time.

But I've also seen a few cases on here, where people were waiting nearly 2 years. 

• Size of the business, have they sponsored someone before. Small businesses with low revenue / staff generally get looked at in greater detail. A lot of Hairdressers I assume work for smaller salons. 
  • Hair Dresser is a ANZCO Level 3 Skill Job, and so the qualifications required to meet the Skill level e.g. a AQF Certificate / equivalent, which is available at college level may come from a bogus institute (more common than you think). Not to mention there is many variations of AQF Certificates, depending on which country you obtained the certification in.  In comparison to a ANZCO Level 1 - where you need a Bachelor Degree, and so the Institute is generally more well known / more clear cut. Thus, further investigation into the college / qualifications might be necessary, especially if from a HR country. 

Many other factors come into play also, but these are two that stand out for me. 

As you are TRT, and so have already had your 457 approved, this should help, as they've already approved you for that role, rather than a DE applicant.

This is a great answer - not much more I could add other than, I'm certain a hairdresser is considered as HR (High Risk) for many factors - most explained by @Whites.uk

You'll need to sit tight and "expect the worst, hope for the best", that way you can't be disappointed. 

@Andytomas It's also worth noting that (as already mentioned by @sydneyishuk), you are still within the frame (I think they are still on March ATM).
- Don't let the exceptional cases confuse you.

Edited by Hex

1 hour ago, Eva.L said:

Hey Deep,

The post you quoted is from 2012.

Anyway, my husband`s employer has applied on the 28 of February 2018 and has not been approved yet.

Thx Eva for reply . I dont know much about how to  delete message on this page. Just try reply on  BigJohn's post.

46 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Thank you so much for your explanation.

Yes, I come from a 457, so they already looked all the documents before they approved my sponsorship. In addition, the business where I’m working, it’s not very big, but it has been opened since 20 years already. So, this should help immigration to understand that is a solid business. 

Am I right?

Hello Everyone,

My colleague just got a request for further information from the CO.

He lodged his nomination and application in June 2018, we are from the same company but under different occupations. Mine was lodged in May 2018.

Feeling a bit anxious now. 😩😩

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vincentccc said:

Hello Everyone,

He lodged his nomination and application in June 2018, we are from the same company but under different occupations. Mine was lodged in May 2018.

Hi @vincentccc, what is the occupation of your friend?

17 minutes ago, Andytomas said:

Thank you so much for your explanation.

Yes, I come from a 457, so they already looked all the documents before they approved my sponsorship. In addition, the business where I’m working, it’s not very big, but it has been opened since 20 years already. So, this should help immigration to understand that is a solid business. 

Am I right?

@Andytomas It could help, however, It's down to the nomination details within the application. 

Once the nomination is approved, it's generally quick turnarounds (30-40 days). 

Before anything, you would need the company nomination approved, I'm assuming they have sponsored others before? 

10 minutes ago, vincentccc said:

Hello Everyone,

@vincentccc You need to take each case on its own merits. Unfortunately, comparing is the worst thing you can do - especially  when the cases are so different. 

My suggestion would be to stay positive and worry only about your own case - you could get granted within a month and there could be circumstances that make you wait another year. No one knows for sure. 

As I always say: Expected the worst and hope for the best. 🙂
- It'll come soon, stay strong! 

• Like 1

On 09/03/2019 at 13:26, Diggy singh said:

Hi  mate. I work in a big wholesale bakery factory. They walked around spoke to other employees about me.With my boss. They asked, How did he hire me. When. Duties and responsibilities everything.checked companies documents.i was on a  leave. So they called me and asked everything about my job. Duties. My salary. How I get paid, how much. My annual leave. Sick leave. Am working overtime. Who else are working. Everthing about my job. 20 mins interview.and in the end asked me about my bank statement where I  get paid.Totally grilled everyone. Good luck mate. Hope and pray everyone passes through this time and gets their residency.

May I ask you before they came to your workplace, did they give your employer a notice about when they will come? Thank you very much. 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@vincentccc You need to take each case on its own merits. Unfortunately, comparing is the worst thing you can do - especially  when the cases are so different. 

My suggestion would be to stay positive and worry only about your own case - you could get granted within a month and there could be circumstances that make you wait another year. No one knows for sure. 

As I always say: Expected the worst and hope for the best. 🙂
- It'll come soon, stay strong! 

You are right. I need to adjust myself and stay positive. 

As you said,  It'll come soon, stay strong! 

Thanks Hex!

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Andytomas It could help, however, It's down to the nomination details within the application. 

Once the nomination is approved, it's generally quick turnarounds (30-40 days). 

Before anything, you would need the company nomination approved, I'm assuming they have sponsored others before? 

Yes, they sponsored someone before ma long time ago and also another two people after me. Can this help?

“It’s down to the nomination details within the application”.  What does it mean? Sorry

thanks

10 minutes ago, Andytomas said:

Yes, they sponsored someone before ma long time ago and also another two people after me. Can this help?

“It’s down to the nomination details within the application”.  What does it mean? Sorry

thanks

@Andytomas 

With all visa's on this type - you have 2 applications.

1. Nomination: This is your company's application to sponsor you. This contains details of the company and is basically asking the department to "let them sponsor you"
- This would be based off many factors, like companies finance / profit - loss etc. (everything related to the company). 

2. Your Visa: Once your companies nomination gets approved (this is always the first step), then the department look at your visas details, to "grant" you access. 

What I meant in my last comment was that was that;
You need to wait for the nomination to be approved (which is the "company's application") and only then start wondering when you'll be getting some feedback on your application.
As I said above, you need #1, before you start wondering what's happening with #2 

Hope that helps explain it? 

45 minutes ago, vincentccc said:

Hello Everyone,

Well, for a start, your friend who has an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) - and your occupation doesn't appear there. 

Occupations on this list are sometimes processed quicker.

1 hour ago, Whites.uk said:

Well, for a start, your friend who has an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) - and your occupation doesn't appear there. 

I'm confused.  I thought that occupations on the Short Term list weren't even eligible for a 186 these days?

Edited by Marisawright

7 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I'm confused.  I thought that occupations on the Short Term list weren't even eligible for a 186 these days?

You can apply via the short term list if your transitioning from a 457 with grandfathering arrangements

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fung said:

Hi guys. I got a question. I have submitted my nomination and visa application September last year. When shall I arrange medical check? Thank you very much for help.

Best practice is to have an application 'Decision Ready' when submitted.

Due to the cost of medicals and their 1 year expiry date, some MA's recommend doing it a little later down the line.

As you applied in September, I'd look to arrange one soon.  

Hi everyone! My file opened and my spouse received Character daclaration details request. Around 18 years ago he got the minor offence. We already submitted character recommendation by his boss and statutory declaration about the details of offence to our MA. 

Is there anyone receive this request before? Thank u!

6 hours ago, Ah L said:

Hi everyone! My file opened and my spouse received Character daclaration details request. Around 18 years ago he got the minor offence. We already submitted character recommendation by his boss and statutory declaration about the details of offence to our MA. 

Is there anyone receive this request before? Thank u!

Please provide time line, date of application, occupation etc.

Hi everyone!

My company got the accredited sponsorship status after they applied for my 186 visa. Would that affect the processing time of my application? 

I read that the processing time for applications submitted from accredited sponsors takes less time but my application was submitted before my company had this status.

Thank you 😁

5 minutes ago, Franflb said:

Hi everyone!

My company got the accredited sponsorship status after they applied for my 186 visa. Would that affect the processing time of my application? 

I read that the processing time for applications submitted from accredited sponsors takes less time but my application was submitted before my company had this status.

Thank you 😁

Please update your signature with your timeline:)