6 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys,

I need your valuables suggestion.

I'm from Pakistan & working in an Indian restaurant as a restaurant manager (ANZSCO 141111). My two years will be completing in next 4/5 months than i will eligible to apply 186 through TRT.

AND

By the end of this month I will also have three years relevant work experience (2 years from Australia and 1 year from Pakistan). I am thinking to apply 186 through DE in coming month. I already had 50 each in PTE.

Now my employer and my MA suggested me it's better to be wait for five months and apply through TRT instead of apply through DE. My MA told me as per his past experience DE applications are taking more time than TRT and in TRT chances of success are higher than DE. And he told me DE application may be little complex because immigration may ask more questions regarding your overseas experience while TRT applications are very simple and you also don't need skills assessment through VETASSESS in TRT.

Please suggest me what should i do now, either wait for five month and apply through TRT or apply now through DE?

Hi mate, You have all the answers in your question. Look at your question back .

7 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys,

I need your valuables suggestion.

I'm from Pakistan & working in an Indian restaurant as a restaurant manager (ANZSCO 141111). My two years will be completing in next 4/5 months than i will eligible to apply 186 through TRT.

AND

By the end of this month I will also have three years relevant work experience (2 years from Australia and 1 year from Pakistan). I am thinking to apply 186 through DE in coming month. I already had 50 each in PTE.

Now my employer and my MA suggested me it's better to be wait for five months and apply through TRT instead of apply through DE. My MA told me as per his past experience DE applications are taking more time than TRT and in TRT chances of success are higher than DE. And he told me DE application may be little complex because immigration may ask more questions regarding your overseas experience while TRT applications are very simple and you also don't need skills assessment through VETASSESS in TRT.

Please suggest me what should i do now, either wait for five month and apply through TRT or apply now through DE?

I don't know how is your migration agent is but what he said is absolutely right, TRT is faster than DE.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sasaram said:

That wouldn't harm to ask your MA, to make sure you are on the right track .what would be the issues if you not working full time  because  you are studying and being paid market salary as a full time worker at the same time. Not sure , what they would look at, but always better to make sure before start

When my 457 visa approved, i called to immigration office by my slef and discussed that I'm currently doing master and i have two semesters left "can i continue my studies on my 457 visa" and they clearly replied that yes you can but you have to at least work 38 hours per week with your sponsor employer which you already committed to work, you might need to work on weekends to cover your hours. And on top of that after my 457 approval i emailed to my uni and asked then am i still able to enroll as a student on my this visa and they clearly replied yes.

On 5/10/2018 at 20:40, Spyke said:

Hi Sunny, we are the same occupation, Diesel Motor Mechanic, mine was opened last Decemeber 2017 was 6 months for them to open the file, i applied June 2017. But I have not got my Pr yet as i was having hard time to get an overseas police they are requesting so 3 times this year they open my file and still waiting for my Police certs, fortunately i have been able to get the police this April so just really patiently waiting for my Big day to come hopenfully this week if not next week as it will be the end of my 28 days waiting Period. Good luck to all of us. Cheers mate

Thanks mate, thats good good news will come for you sure. Mine i already supplied oversea police clearance but they ask from her which is not hard but my concern is occupational licence. working in qld i dont think an employee need a licence we need qualification which i have cert 3 and cert 4 from here. same they said to me provide within 28 days. as i did my file bymy self. if you have an idea what it is let me know pz

Hey all!

haven't posted anything for a while, haven't been following up, too busy working and stuff.

My immi status changed to initial assessment on good Friday ( 30th march ) if any of you remember,  i'av been asked for new police check and some docs from employer.

Unfortunately AFP took more than 4 weeks to arrived ( bit of bad luck involved ), anyways just submitted yesterday along with other docs.

hopefully will have good news next week.

trt PASTRY COOK on 05/05/2017 

allocated on 30th march 2018.

Also want to share , I have friend ( hairdresser) who waited for 18 months got rejected last week due to not paid enough benchmark training back in 2016. 

2017 and 2018 were okay

i feel for him 

1 hour ago, Sunny3174 said:

Hey all!

haven't posted anything for a while, haven't been following up, too busy working and stuff.

My immi status changed to initial assessment on good Friday ( 30th march ) if any of you remember,  i'av been asked for new police check and some docs from employer.

Unfortunately AFP took more than 4 weeks to arrived ( bit of bad luck involved ), anyways just submitted yesterday along with other docs.

hopefully will have good news next week.

trt PASTRY COOK on 05/05/2017 

allocated on 30th march 2018.

Also want to share , I have friend ( hairdresser) who waited for 18 months got rejected last week due to not paid enough benchmark training back in 2016. 

2017 and 2018 were okay

i feel for him 

Did ur hairdresser friend applied DE or TRT ? 

Hi Everyone!

I've received the Golden Email this afternoon! it has been a long journey for me. 

While I was on my 457 my company has been sold and the ABN has changed. In March 2017, my occupation (Exporter) has been removed from the list of eligible occupations. 

Despite these hurdles, my visa has been granted today (on a saturday?!)

Both nomination & visa application lodged in June 2017. 

No Documents requested. I did however upload new police checks as mine had expired. 

Good luck to everyone and thank you all for your amazing support and sense of humour! :)

Edited by Jazza
typo
  • Like 5

Mate he just told you!

Any predictions for me mate!!! Looks like it’s working...... just a quick one for me too Please!!!
Applied nom + visa - 11/5/17
Submitted requested docs on 6/12/17
But haven’t heard anything since then
???

2 hours ago, Jazza said:

Hi Everyone!

I've received the Golden Email this afternoon! it has been a long journey for me. 

While I was on my 457 my company has been sold and the ABN has changed. In March 2017, my occupation (Exporter) has been removed from the list of eligible occupations. 

No Documents requested. I did however upload new police checks as mine had expired. 

Good luck to everyone and thank you all for your amazing support and sense of humour! :)

Congrats enjoy your freedom 

hi everyone,

A pretty much silent follower here .. I've made one maybe two posts! However my nomination was approved to day (SATURDAY!) they definitely do work Saturday - my approval email was sent to my MA at 4pm Yesterday, 

Timeline:

Nomination and Visa applied same day : 18 August 2017 

Nomination approved 12 May 2018 

TRT

Applicants : 1

Processing Team : NSW Pese

They opened my visa application too on the same day and sent my MA a request for a new AFP certificate - i had a different first name at birth which was changed by deed poll many years ago and they requested a policer certificate for this name too although i have never used it in Australia! Im not angry at this at all - i am just so so happy my case has been opened ! my status now says 'INITIAL ASSESSSMENT!!!! :))))

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jazza said:

Hi Everyone!

congrats mate ..enjoy

5 hours ago, Jazza said:

Hi Everyone!

Congratulations ??

7 hours ago, Haz_UK said:

hi everyone,

A pretty much silent follower here .. I've made one maybe two posts! However my nomination was approved to day (SATURDAY!) they definitely do work Saturday - my approval email was sent to my MA at 4pm Yesterday, 

Timeline:

TRT

They opened my visa application too on the same day and sent my MA a request for a new AFP certificate - i had a different first name at birth which was changed by deed poll many years ago and they requested a policer certificate for this name too although i have never used it in Australia! Im not angry at this at all - i am just so so happy my case has been opened ! my status now says 'INITIAL ASSESSSMENT!!!! :))))

Bro your country is really low risk country.

The applications belong to Pakistan, India, Nepal and Bangladesh etc are taking more time.

Kashif/ this isnt a competition. My post was to simply give some hope to everyone especially fellow restaurant managers that cases are being looked at/ and share my experience that the department works on a saturday - forgive me if im wrong i thought that was the point of this forum/ sharing experiences. Not a competition of who has waited the longest - woe is me. 

Im out

Edited by Haz_UK
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Haz_UK said:

hi everyone,

Timeline:

TRT

Great news mate!!!

14 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

The applications belong to Pakistan, India, Nepal and Bangladesh etc are taking more time.

What does that have to do with anything? The guy comes on here to share great news about his application. You should be congratulating him. 

• Like 4

On 11/05/2018 at 22:00, Kashif.Iqbal said:

When my 457 visa approved, i called to immigration office by my slef and discussed that I'm currently doing master

Never, ever trust what the immigration office tells you on the phone.  Usually the person you speak to is just a call centre person, not an expert. If you take their advice and it turns out to be wrong, you will be in trouble - you won't be able to prove you acted on their advice.

• Like 1

Hi guys 

Need some advice here . 

My MA has sent me an email asking if business can pay for trainning benchmark for financial year 2017 to 2018 . 

They are asking my employer to pay for benchmark B as its cheaper coz then business only have to 1% of payroll of year . 

We have Australian staff at workplace and my MA said all they want is a receipt from a approved institute that we have paid for trainning benchmark B  . 

My question is if business  paying for trainning benchmark B do they have  to send some of their employees to get trainning?  because my MA said none of the employees has to go through training and  immigration only want receipt.

Thanks for your help in advance 

2 hours ago, Parkesy said:

What does that have to do with anything? The guy comes on here to share great news about his application. You should be congratulating him. 

Idiot.

Thanks @Parkesy - i know its only half the job done and i still need to get my visa approved but hey i was over the ******* moon and still am and wanted to return that little favour of shedding a bit of hope when you see someone with the same occupation get a nom and/or visa approval - i think its the success stories that we’re all here for right ??‍♀️ 

Ive been waiting 9 months for my case to be opened and  given my high risk occupation i was fully expecting to wait atleast another 2-3 mnths to be looked at. I really hope this is a good sign for all of us that things are finally speeding up in the dept.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

I'm sorry but is not our fault if we were born in a place that is considered from the Australian Immigration a low Risk Country.. 

I'm sorry for you if you didn't get this chance!! ??