Should the UK cut ties with the EU?

starlight7

O

Well said bell ...i have said it a few times on here .

The uk has 2% of gdp ,for foreign aid .

I don't k ow how much it is ,but it would be a fair whack .

House ,school and feed the refugees in safe zones in the middle east .

These poor refugees could end up being very poorly treated if the eu goes into decline ,or of there is a global conflict ,and I suspect that is coming .

They may ultimately be safer in certain areas of the middle east

Sorry its 0.7% of gdp ....still £11 billion though

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you make the assumption Tha iam right wing because I want out of the e.u

I make the assumption that you are right wing for a number of reasons - which includes your choice of Avatar of a skinhead (yourself?) decorated in a Union Flag, tinted blue. That's a pretty big hint. Then there's the fact that you post a lot about what right wing politicians are saying. But mostly, yes, it is because the content of your posts is invariably [far] right wing.

the great minds ..... Boris Johnson ,Michael gove ,iam duncan smith and .... MERVYN KING

You are having a laugh aren't you?

P.S. Don't assume that just because I'm mocking your comment that I'm pro EU.

Just because big business may be in favour of staying in (it's not hard to see why: future is likely to be more stable and predictable), there is then a logical jump made by many to say that therefore it must be in the interests of small businesses/Joe Public to be out. It's perfectly possible for a vote for in (or even out if you like) to be in favour of big business AND the general population; the two things are not mutually exclusive. This has then been extended by some to suggest there's a conspiracy of sorts and the whole EU edifice has been deliberately designed to promote high unemployment, downward pressure on wages and high house prices to keep the masses under control, and that pollies and big business are in cahoots to keep the common man under the thumb

It's like people have convinced themselves that the EU is responsible for all the things they don't like about what has happened in the past 40 years - perm any one you like from immigration, shift from manufacturing to service industries, globalisation, high house prices, demise of Watney's red barrel, whatever - and therefore a vote for out will miraculously end all that and reinstate the UK status quo, circa 1967

It's a crock

About the refugee issue just to raise a point why aren't Kuwait, Saubi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates which are rich middle easy countries taken 0 Refugees in, its a much safer route for refugee to go, but instead Europe is suppose to house everyone? I think it should be shared out with other countries such as those mentioned that are a lot closer. Also from an article from the Independent dated back in December 2015 only actually half who claim to be refugees from Syria are actually genuine.

You mention that intelligent people can not be wrong for staying in the EU, so are you saying the following people are not intelligent? Half the conservative MP has said they want to exit, 80 commonwealth community representatives, ex boss of bank of England. etc etc etc.

Not everybody is going to agree hence why the vote. We have paid the EU £228 billion since joining, (Received 143 billion back) but that is still a lot to just give to be in the EU. We currently need permission to trade with other countries outside the EU.

Personally I will be voting out like a huge percentage of the public. Its your choice if to vote in or out if eligible to vote.

Surely not?

Is it time? Does anyone care? Have this UKIP party got a good voting point opposing membership?

Will there be another European war if everyone starts to leave?

Do you know the most worrying thing ?

More worrying than the e.u debt or the bureacracy or the humanitarian crisis .

Turkey has asked for 6 billion euros to assist the e.u in managing the crisis ...PLUS a visa waiver for all Turks visiting the e.u ..

AND HERE IT IS AS PREDICTED LAST WEEK ....A FAST TRACK INTO E.U MEMBERSHIP .( I could see it coming )

We must leave the e.u

If you think the e.u has issues now ,just wait

I'll take a guess at Cyprus.

Yeah well noted rally ...i had to google it .....and apparently northern Turkish cypriots have access to the e.u anyway .

Turkey has the 2nd biggest army in nato ..

An ally right ?

Well check out the minutes silence for the Paris dead at a football match in turkey after the incident ...its on you tube .

The minutes silence wasn't observed at all .

Turkeys borders are like a sieve ...and passports will be handed out like confetti .....its a worry for the e.u ....especially when it took the Russians to bomb the crap out of Isis fuel convoys taking oil to turkey .

How can the EU allow membership to a new country when it occupies land of an existing member

Borders are movable things. France occupies territory in Alsace that used to be German. Poland now sits on land that used to be German. Britain occupies six counties that Ireland used to claim.

Accepting Turkey into EU membership would be a good thing, not least because it would be accepting another new member whose economy is growing rather than shrinking like some of the older members.

Borders are movable things. France occupies territory in Alsace that used to be German. Poland now sits on land that used to be German. Britain occupies six counties that Ireland used to claim.

Accepting Turkey into EU membership would be a good thing, not least because it would be accepting another new member whose economy is growing rather than shrinking like some of the older members.

......very good ,you obviously don't see the bigger picture .

If turkey joins the e.u ,Turkish passports will be handed out like confetti in the middle east

You are so politically correct ,what about turkeys human rights record does that not raise alarm bells ?

What about their alleged collusion with terrorist groups ?

Turkey has the 2nd biggest military in nato ,but their loyalties lie elsewhere .

If turkey joins the e.u ,Turkish passports will be handed out like confetti in the middle east

Why would that happen? Only last week you were complaining that more recent entrants to the EU such as Poland and Hungary were not doing enough to take in refugees and had effectively put up a wall along their borders. Why do you think Turkey would be different - and why do you think it would be bad if they were? Have you not noticed that Turkey's economy has been coming on in leaps and bounds while the rest of Europe has stagnated? Do you think they have achieved that by following bad economic policies?

You are so politically correct ,what about turkeys human rights record does that not raise alarm bells ?

You mean their treatment of the Kurds? Reprehensible but the UK's treatment of its Irish minority did not present an obstacle to European membership. The UK joined the EEC less than a year after Bloody Sunday.

What about their alleged collusion with terrorist groups ?

The UK colluded with loyalist paramilitaries in Northern Ireland, has recently supported rebel factions in Libya and Syria, and has a long record of providing training and arms to those who find themselves later falling out with the rest of the world.

Turkey has the 2nd biggest military in nato ,but their loyalties lie elsewhere.

Indeed - they have been members of NATO since 1952 so it is reasonable to assume their loyalties lie with America rather than Europe. I agree that it's a worry...

��������......very good ,you obviously don't see the bigger picture

Evidently not, but fortunately I have you to teach me.