How to get back into Oz!

Colin Kelly

Hey guys

Just a quick question here I was looking to get back into OZ, I was there a few years ago and foolishly didn't do my farm work.

I have 2 second names, I am changing my second name legally and can get a new passport and new passport number.

Do you think this would work and i would get back in? the only thing I can see holding me back is my biometrics on the passport and my DOB and first name being the same..

yeah but if i got the year I could do the farm work like i should have.

What you think wouldn't work?

In a way its a completely different person/passport and passport number.

Ah, so that would give you two years. It still wouldn't let you emigrate to Australia though.

When you apply for your new passport, you'll be asked to disclose any previous names, so it will be on record that you're the same person.

Don't you have to disclose previous names when applying?

And if you have to answer questions truthfully, such as 'Have you held and used a WHV before?' you would be lying if you said no.

I'd not do it. You are trying to gain a visa by deception and would probably be lying to gain it. And they do find this sort of thing out. I recall a few cases of this sort of thing being sussed out and the visa either not granted or revoked and the person banned from Aus for a few years.

yeah but if i got the year I could do the farm work like i should have.

What you think wouldn't work?

In a way its a completely different person/passport and passport number.

Of course it is not a new/different person, it is still you.

We live in an electronic age, don't try it, it is illegal and you will be rightly caught out - everything is linked.

I'd not do it. You are trying to gain a visa by deception and would probably be lying to gain it. And they do find this sort of thing out. I recall a few cases of this sort of thing being sussed out and the visa either not granted or revoked and the person banned from Aus for a few years.

This would be my concern too. You might get away with it by lying on the applicationa and pretending you're a completely new person - but IF you get caught, you could not only lose the visa but get banned from entering Australia for years and years.

Well honestly I dont mind, If I get banned I get banned, the benefit outweighs the ban.

I know morally its wrong to lie about a previous application but i was wondering if you think it would work.

I know they are linked but there are numerous people who have got back in with just changing their name into Irish, their biometric info must be the same.

Well honestly I dont mind, If I get banned I get banned, the benefit outweighs the ban.

I know morally its wrong to lie about a previous application but i was wondering if you think it would work.

I know they are linked but there are numerous people who have got back in with just changing their name into Irish, their biometric info must be the same.

And there are numerous people who've been stopped at immigration and not allowed in.

Its up to you, sounds like you plan to do it regardless and are just hoping people would say go for it, it'll be fine or agree with what you are trying to do.

You would certainly have got away with it five or ten years ago, not so sure about now. If you know people who've managed it in the last year or two, then maybe it's worth trying. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk, because if you are found out, it would prevent you getting other visas in the future.

if I were you I'd have a watch of the programme "nothing to declare" which is a fly on the wall look at customs checks at Sydney airport. It usually focusses on people who have declared that they have no food trying to look gobsmacked when their cases are opened and they are stuffed with it. But most episodes feature at least one depressed looking individual being caught in a lie. They seem to be sent straight back to where they came from and banned from entering Oz for years.

Even if I was tempted to try something so daft, I would soon be put off, watching the parade of sobbing individuals who have spent loads on their air tickets and endured the flight-from-hell, only to be stuck straight back on the plane (which they no doubt have to pay for??) because their (dishonestly obtained) visa has been revoked.

A thought - isn't it possible that this stuff could somehow go on your record and subsequently get in the way of obtaining visas for other countries? Madness.

Remember that Australia doesn't necessarily just deport unlawfull entrants. You could find yourself being held in an offshore detention camp such as Naru or Christmas Island for an indeterminate period in very unpleasant surroundings.

Then, you will also have issues getting visas for anywhere else in the world for the rest of your life.

I don't think he'd be held in Nauru, possibly Christmas Island but more likely I'd suggest on shore detention until first available flight then removed. Pretty much an open and shut case.

Possibly could get through. Far less likely as others have said than a few years back but doable. The numbers entering on WHV's are great, I wonder just how much checking is done on each individual application?

I was under the impression a WHV was only issued once? This may have changed? If so the applicant/poster may feel little to be lost.

I've only ever watched a few episodes of the 'border security' programme, but every one I've seen ahs had at least 1 person trying this, and they have not even left the airport, straight back onto a flight and blacklisted for immigration for a period of time as well. it is probably just a complete coincidence, but of the programmes I've seen, it is only ever young Irish men who have tried this, although that may be just the way the footage is edited by the television programme, as I'm sure a huge variety of people have tried this as well. Once that sticks out was permanently barred as he had changed his name to his mothers name in order to try for a second visa.

Your choice, but it's entering the country illegally, and as it's also knowingly, expect zero leeway when you are caught, they WILL know. Just get a sponsored 457 instead, that'd be legitimate and could lead eventually and with luck to PR.

I would have thought if they were going to find out they would know at point of issuing the visa, so while the OP is still in the UK.

If he applies for the visa offshore and it is approved I think it is unlikely they would find out on landing in Australia.

If they know they would just refuse the original visa application.

Archived