This makes my heart sing

fifi69

Not horrible at all...bloody lovely. 30d now at 6pm. Feels amazing.

See, this is my dilemma @HappyHeart. Living back in the UK has made me realise how much I love Australia - but the weather just hates me. Anything over 30 deg makes me feel physically sick, and I sweat so much it's dripping off my nose. It wasn't a problem for the first 20 years in Oz, but ever since I hit menopause I just can't handle heat.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this is my dilemma @HappyHeart. Living back in the UK has made me realise how much I love Australia - but the weather just hates me. Anything over 30 deg makes me feel physically sick, and I sweat so much it's dripping off my nose. It wasn't a problem for the first 20 years in Oz, but ever since I hit menopause I just can't handle heat.

Oddly enough living in the UK makes me realise how much I love the UK lol. I dislike so many things about Australia and the weather is right near the top. My problem is I have no desire to live anywhere in Australia other than Queensland and more specifically Brisbane so in the unlikely event we ever went back it would be back to horrible sticky weather. I'm with you about the sweating, just moving in those horrible temp makes me sweat and it literally runs off me.

How I hated the heat in Sydney as I got older! Knew for years that we would be retiring to Tasmania. Yes, we do get a few hot days in summer here on the north coast but it always cools down in the evening - not like those horrid stifling Sydney summer nights when air-con was an absolute necessity for a bit of comfort.

How I hated the heat in Sydney as I got older! Knew for years that we would be retiring to Tasmania. Yes, we do get a few hot days in summer here on the north coast but it always cools down in the evening - not like those horrid stifling Sydney summer nights when air-con was an absolute necessity for a bit of comfort.

Reminds me of Geelong, I remember a Christmas when it was over 40 degrees. The problem down there is it can be stifling heat AND a hot westerly wind.

Oddly enough living in the UK makes me realise how much I love the UK lol. I dislike so many things about Australia and the weather is right near the top. My problem is I have no desire to live anywhere in Australia other than Queensland and more specifically Brisbane so in the unlikely event we ever went back it would be back to horrible sticky weather. I'm with you about the sweating, just moving in those horrible temp makes me sweat and it literally runs off me.

I might have moaned about the summer heat in Sydney but never once thought of going back to the UK. I don't dislike Australia at all though I have never wanted to live further north than the NSW/QLD border - that wouldn't suit me at all. Perfectly happy where I am now.

• 3 weeks later...
I've not really had many days that I've struggled with.. Yet. Today I had my zipper on for a while but it was windy! I'm freezing right now though.

It can get warm, but not to the degree the anti Aus brigade shout about.

im always thankful, that its not grey skies and rain in summer, or wet,windy, icy cold in winter

Well, I've had a day to make my heart sing. Gorgeous day here. Went for a long walk - did household chores then met a friend for lunch. Sat outside to eat it - not even a breeze and 21C. Going to the local nursery in a half hour or so to get some more bedding plants. Ahhh, life's good.

It can get warm, but not to the degree the anti Aus brigade shout about.

im always thankful, that its not grey skies and rain in summer, or wet,windy, icy cold in winter

It is far from your 'alleged' anti Aus brigade that complain about the heat. Just as yes in summer, after Dec 21 , the mercury does indeed rise to what are uncomfortable levels for many.

• 6 months later...
I am off to the snowflakes festival in Stanthorpe on July 1st, cant wait to feel the frost again. Cool up here in Toowoomba but more like a UK Autumn than a winter

Too hot in the south east UK. Can't sleep. I'll have to get the fans down from the loft tomorrow. That's always the kiss of death to summer.

Guest Outback
Been Here since 1986 and never yet have i acclimatised. it's a Myth. Even the Abo's can't stand the summer heat some years.

Disagree but I also wouldn't live where it's humid. Dry 40C doesn't bother me, 30C and humid would

• 7 months later...