This makes my heart sing

fifi69

Must admit, and I never thought I would say this, but I'm totally fed up with blue skies after blue skies. In the 12 months we have been down in Townsville I can count on one hand the number of days we have had proper rain. Now I know why the rest of us FNQ locals called it Brownsville.

I know what you mean, you don't get that problem in Melbourne, but when I lived in Spain after 3 months of cloudless skies I used to pray for a rainy day.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, you don't get that problem in Melbourne, but when I lived in Spain after 3 months of cloudless skies I used to pray for a rainy day.

I agree with you there.Having lived in Sth Aust for a long time,and with severe drought at times,I used to look skyward and pray for some rain!I never had a pool or air con in the last place I lived,and managed pretty ok.I have to admit though,working in 35c+ was not a lot of fun at times either.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31921[/ATTACH]

Bring it on!!, I wonder now how I ever coped with the UK weather. Suppose that's why I moved.

funny though I Didnt mind the -10 back in the winter of 2010. Love snow too. Just hated the general grey cloudy skies for most of the year and getting no proper summer.

So nice, even in winter to wake up to blue skies here.

I'm so going to enjoy the next few months:jiggy:

Ooh, horrible! I can't cope with anything over 30.

Nothing great about endless searing heat and hot days. I suspect a big per cent of those that drawl over such conditions, probably don't venture out into it. Certainly not at its most intense.

I find it rather amazing that people say 'bring it on'. A pleasant 27 or 28 degrees far more amiable can be out in it and on the beach, in the garden or whatever your fancy may be.

I'd really like to see what those that claim to enjoy 32 and over actually do in such heat.

I don't know much about Spain, but other European destinations that have spent a lot of time, often have cool piazzas or shady town squares where one can sit with great enjoyment, drinking great wine, fine beer while enjoying fine food and ambiance and perhaps a beach nearby.

Nothing great about endless searing heat and hot days. I suspect a big per cent of those that drawl over such conditions, probably don't venture out into it. Certainly not at its most intense.

I find it rather amazing that people say 'bring it on'. A pleasant 27 or 28 degrees far more amiable can be out in it and on the beach, in the garden or whatever your fancy may be.

I'd really like to see what those that claim to enjoy 32 and over actually do in such heat.

Go to places where the heat is "downgraded" I guess. I've regularly been out kayaking and/or fishing, or simply taking my daily 11k walk when the forecast was as high as 38, and it never felt like that at all, despite the figures quoted on the news later in the day. An onshore breeze kicks in around 11am most days in summer, and being anywhere that catches that breeze, the quoted temps have never limited my activities.

We go to one of the local outdoor pools when it gets hot. I won't go in the water unless the temp is over 35 so I like a good few got days in summer so I can get some pool time in. I don't like the beach when it's too hot, but then I'm not that bothered about the metro beaches when it's not hot either.

Well I'm a water baby so you will find me enjoying myself in the surf or in the pool.

Go to places where the heat is "downgraded" I guess. I've regularly been out kayaking and/or fishing, or simply taking my daily 11k walk when the forecast was as high as 38, and it never felt like that at all, despite the figures quoted on the news later in the day. An onshore breeze kicks in around 11am most days in summer, and being anywhere that catches that breeze, the quoted temps have never limited my activities.

Nor mine. But I do wonder about those that advocate extreme heat as to what they do and how experience it. I glow whatever the weather conditions and forecast.

We go to one of the local outdoor pools when it gets hot. I won't go in the water unless the temp is over 35 so I like a good few got days in summer so I can get some pool time in. I don't like the beach when it's too hot, but then I'm not that bothered about the metro beaches when it's not hot either.

Over 35? Gosh that is wimpish. I enjoy cold water/warm water or tropical water. Almost never go to pools though.

I don't do pools much, but you'll find me out on the hottest day. Be it cycling or at the beach. Or walking for miles. Actually love to sweat rids the body of toxins.

No it doesn't. Rids the body of salts and water. Drink plenty if you walk in searing heat. Far more sensible to head to the beach and take regular dips...in fact we tend to think it's too cool for a swimming day if it's below 30 in Summer. 35d perfect. For walking take 10d off that.

I love the hot days for going to the beach or river and also for the evenings, hot days equals beautiful warm nights which I love. If I'm working it gets a bit much over 32d but otherwise no problem. Weekends free to choose and save walks for early morning or later on (after 6) I love the Summer in Perth as a rule. I don't know many people who love to go out into direct sun over 32-34d in the middle of the day though (unless water is involved)

No it doesn't. Rids the body of salts and water. Drink plenty if you walk in searing heat. Far more sensible to head to the beach and take regular dips...in fact we tend to think it's too cool for a swimming day if it's below 30 in Summer. 35d perfect. For walking take 10d off that.

I believe it does. Obviously it rids the body of salt and water as well. I have sweated illness from the body in the tropics so speak from experience. 27 perfect beach weather, IMO.

I believe it does. Obviously it rids the body of salt and water as well. I have sweated illness from the body in the tropics so speak from experience. 27 perfect beach weather, IMO.

It's a myth honestly, perhaps a teeny tiny % but sweating is largely a thermo-regulatory function, nothing to do with detoxification. That's the liver and kidneys role. Sweating illness from body is mumbo jumbo, you might have sweated through fever (fever is the thing that kills off bacteria) but you don't actually rid the body of toxins through sweating. Trust me, I'm a health professional.

It's a myth honestly, perhaps a teeny tiny % but sweating is largely a thermo-regulatory function, nothing to do with detoxification. That's the liver and kidneys role. Sweating illness from body is mumbo jumbo, you might have sweated through fever (fever is the thing that kills off bacteria) but you don't actually rid the body of toxins through sweating. Trust me, I'm a health professional.

Gosh a run a mile from professionals. They tend to be governed by prevailing orthodoxies of the time. I probably had dengue fever at the time in question. But besides that have always felt 'refreshed' after a period of extensive sweating in a holistic way. Sheds weight gain. Oils the skin. Completely different feel to recovery in a cold clime. Half or more of health is what we believe to be making us better. Then again I have some major differs in opinion with my doctor come to think of it.

Gosh a run a mile from professionals. They tend to be governed by prevailing orthodoxies of the time. I probably had dengue fever at the time in question. But besides that have always felt 'refreshed' after a period of extensive sweating in a holistic way. Sheds weight gain. Oils the skin. Completely different feel to recovery in a cold clime. Half or more of health is what we believe to be making us better. Then again I have some major differs in opinion with my doctor come to think of it.

Not me...I believe in integrative health, very open to CAM and unproven therapies. Sheds fluid, not weight gain in true sense. But sweating doesn't detoxify. Agree with placebo effect though as you say and if it makes you feel better all for it as long as risk doesn't outweigh benefit. The basis of many 'complementary' therapies.....power of the mind.....mind and body in harmony.

Not me...I believe in integrative health, very open to CAM and unproven therapies. Sheds fluid, not weight gain in true sense. But sweating doesn't detoxify. Agree with placebo effect though as you say and if it makes you feel better all for it as long as risk doesn't outweigh benefit. The basis of many 'complementary' therapies.....power of the mind.....mind and body in harmony.

Yes I can find accord with that. I am very against the over medication of society. I consider it interferes with the natural rhythm and natural defences of the body.