My travel thread

Quokka2005

hey! Welcome to the forum. That last reply was to Paul, I didn't notice this one. I'm travelling alone. I still feel less lonely at the moment than I did in Sydney. Even though the hostel is the most unfriendly one I've been in so far lol. Yeah I'd definitely be interested in trying my regional work once it cools down a little! When are you emigrating over?

I'm currently shopping for an agent and hoping to get the ball rolling on a permanent visa asap. I ended up doing Blueberry picking in Coffs Harbour and potato grading in Victoria. Hardest work I've ever had to do in my life! :biglaugh: I travelled alone too, never got around to Perth though so good to see your pics. I'll read along quietly now like everyone else, just wanted to say Hi!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah where's my welcome party that I was promised ages ago?!

Well i officially survived northbridge. Can someone pass the message on to perthbum :laugh:

I only went for a quiet dinner and some Ben and jerrys Icecream and I ended up trapped in by a gay pride parade. It was a bit interesting to watch. Before I knew the parade was on I just assumed northbridge was a bit different lol. Someone sprayed their dog all different rainbow colours, poor thing!

Ive had too much to eat. I feel like I'm pregnant with twins :( Must be the only backpacker that goes out and comes back at 9 lol

Well i officially survived northbridge. Can someone pass the message on to perthbum :laugh:

l

Now you will see that most of the stuff he writes about Perth is a load of crap!

I only went for a quiet dinner and some Ben and jerrys Icecream and I ended up trapped in by a gay pride parade. It was a bit interesting to watch. Before I knew the parade was on I just assumed northbridge was a bit different lol. Someone sprayed their dog all different rainbow colours, poor thing!

Ive had too much to eat. I feel like I'm pregnant with twins :( Must be the only backpacker that goes out and comes back at 9 lol

You should have come up to kings Park to listen to The Beach Boys!

Aw I didn't know! I'm thinking of going a wander to kings park tomorrow. Definitely having a chill day tomorrow. Not that I've done much since I've been here!

Yeah AJ. I'm not 100% sure what my thoughts are on northbridge, I wouldn't want to stay right amongst it but it had a quite good atmosphere. I just wasn't that happy because I had to walk 2 streets just to head towards my Icecream place lol. If I'd known it was on I would have went somewhere else and went there tomorrow.

Im about ready for falling asleep now!

I think it's too hot for KP tomorrow. I wouldn't go myself on a hot day you won't feel like wandering and there's so much to do and see. Mon be better. Maybe go city beach tomorrow? Check out clancys?

What the weather in Australia interfering with what you want to do? Never!!!!! ;)

Have you been to Scarborough yet Stacey? Loads of backpackers around there and some cool bars, cafes etc. A bike hire place if I remember rightly, a cycle along the coast to City Beach would be lovely and is SO easy on a flat traffic free path. http://www.weekendnotes.com/walk-run-or-cycle-the-west-coast/

Nope not yet! Only beach I've been to is cottsloe. I've not been on a bike in at least 8 years so I'm not sure how good an idea that is lol :laugh:

perfect place to do it then!

What the weather in Australia interfering with what you want to do? Never!!!!! ;)

Have you been to Scarborough yet Stacey? Loads of backpackers around there and some cool bars, cafes etc. A bike hire place if I remember rightly, a cycle along the coast to City Beach would be lovely and is SO easy on a flat traffic free path. http://www.weekendnotes.com/walk-run-or-cycle-the-west-coast/

I have always maintained that on hot days the only option is to go waterside! So that's my plan for today. Family members pool this morning, beach later! Torture walking around in hot sun in heat of the day, KP is so gorgeous you need a warm but nice breezy day to appreciate it the best. It is stunning though.

Traffic free but share with pedestrians. One must really take care. I cycle along this path often. I had a person (tourist) step in front of my bike only last week after ringing the bell. I don't think there are such shared paths in other countries.

Quite possibly too hot for Stacey today. An expected 36 I believe. Just returned from Cottesloe Beach. The beach is almost all taken up by junior classes. Very inconsiderate taking up almost the entire beach. Small Jelly fish in the water, looks like an early easterly wind picking up as leaving.

Free bus to Kings Park probably the go, although a Sunday timetable not too convenient. Shame we don't have a city beach like Brisbane.

Sunday could be a good time to get to know the whole city/Northbridge area or train to Fremantle.

Nope not yet! Only beach I've been to is cottsloe. I've not been on a bike in at least 8 years so I'm not sure how good an idea that is lol :laugh:

As they say once learnt you never forget. You could cycle around part of the river? The are bikes for hire in the city. If you Google you will find the closest. Just watch out for Asian tourists that may step out in front of you and speedsters doing what seems a 100kms an hour past you on their racing bikes.

So it's mid 30's today. So far I'm coping fine which is surprising me haha. I didn't want to drag myself out in it because I thought it would be awful. I've went for a Chinese which was alright but nothing amazing but I never find Chinese is anyway. Would have had anything to eat tbh! From next week I'm going to start cooking. I've spent $150 this week and that's just been eating out, no alcohol or tourist trips. So I need to start being more careful especially while being out of work.

I think im going to head over to the jetty bit for a nosey. Trying to find the energy to get back up though after this food haha

1 - yeah definitely boring because I only have myself to talk to lol. The nice Australian guy left and now I'm with the one with the man bun. He seems a bit weird. The guy in the bunk above me never talks either. Last night he jumped into bed and I genuinely thought the bunk was going to collapse on top of me. I told my mum that I'm sharing with 3 blokes, just to hear her reaction :laugh:

and the disgusting one is true too. People who are even untidier than me, having to listen to people having sex haha, people spilling goon everywhere. This hostel makes me miss wakeup hostel a bit. Although it is nice to have peace and quiet. I'm even used to the train noise now but I'll be leaving. I have to check if I booked to leave tomorrow morning or wether it was Tuesday. Can't remember!

Or Loy Krathung , the Thai Lantern festival is being held on the river until 8pm. There will be Thai food, dancing, cultural events and a crowning of a Miss Thailand type of thing.

Usually go but am cooking this year as arranged with a couple of good bottles of Adelaide Hills White.

Quite colourful though. It's where paper boats with lights and offerings are launched from the river bank. It is right of the Bell Tower if interested.

Archived