My travel thread

Quokka2005

definitely! I do feel bad that I didn't get to meet you, maryrose, metoo and anybody else that I've forgot to mention but I just didn't like it enough to stay long term. I could have stayed a few more days to do more touristy stuff but I just felt really unsettled and didn't feel very good at that point so thought it was best to leave. I wish I'd went to Manly and taronga zoo etc but I could always go back for a few days before I fly home

I thought you were going to get a job in the Pavillion bar and you would be sharing a flat in Coogee! The Cafe in Devonshire St by Central is still advertising for staff too.

Hi Stacey,

I'm new to the forum and am loving this thread! Are you currently on a WHV? I did mine back in 2012 and its that which has spurred me on to now emigrate...

If so are you looking to do your 88days regional work? Are you travelling alone or with friends? :)

I've just realised I sound like a stalker - just interested I promise! If your looking for work I have a few contacts in Victoria for regional work and up in surfers Paradise, happy to share in a PM if they might be useful! :)

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881
I suspect Stacy has been given enough tips on finding work now. Best leave it to her to get the ball rolling in her time.

Best wait for Stacey to tell everyone that first, can't beat good help especially when in a foreign land.:wink:

Best wait for Stacey to tell everyone that first, can't beat good help especially when in a foreign land.:wink:

Stacy likely too confused and likely a little shy to say hold off. The back packer grapevine is extensive. She has been offered loads of ideas, no doubt, on Facebook and other social media sources, so why not just read her daily or whatever feelings, doings and opinions than the constant barrage of suggestions, unless asked for?

Australia is hardly so alien. She speaks the language. Has an extensive net work in that fraternity to get assistance from and besides Australia must be, outside of the costs, the most easiest country, together perhaps with New Zealand to be a back packer in.

She's cracking on with it. It must be tough coming alone and co-ordinating all you have to think about and do, and making decisions about where to be in such a vast land. I'm sure she appreciates the help.

It'll fall into place very soon I expect. She will appear an old hand at it in no time. I expect dishing out the do and don'ts to novices.

Fingers crossed

Well if not she'll pull the plug early, arriving at the conclusion, that the free wheeling back packing life is not for her, thus homeward bound it will be.

She could have requested an audience with me, I don't bite, as well as knowing some of the ropes, but that's fine, she'll work in out. I won't offer any further advise on the matter as sure she is well catered for.

Guest Guest66881
Stacy likely too confused and likely a little shy to say hold off. The back packer grapevine is extensive. She has been offered loads of ideas, no doubt, on Facebook and other social media sources, so why not just read her daily or whatever feelings, doings and opinions than the constant barrage of suggestions, unless asked for?

Australia is hardly so alien. She speaks the language. Has an extensive net work in that fraternity to get assistance from and besides Australia must be, outside of the costs, the most easiest country, together perhaps with New Zealand to be a back packer in.

Until the OP says otherwise you are not my mother:wink:

I havent had a chance to meet anyone other than Fiona and that was only because she invited me on her celebrations. I do want to meet with people on here

Ya do????? With the resident axe murderers? (OK so that's a joke, I always used to say it to my DH whenever I ventured out to meet someone I had chatted with online - AFAIK none of the PiO folk I have met have murdered anyone, not by axe anyway!).

It's still early days so you've plenty of time to catch up with folk

Ya do????? With the resident axe murderers? (OK so that's a joke, I always used to say it to my DH whenever I ventured out to meet someone I had chatted with online - AFAIK none of the PiO folk I have met have murdered anyone, not by axe anyway!).

hopefully nobody will murder me!

Guest The Pom Queen
Until the OP says otherwise you are not my mother:wink:

It's ok Paul you are probably slow to the party on this. I think 20089 pages back ( :laugh: ) that we all decided that we were being too helpful and mothering her too much so a lot of us have backed away now, BUT, she knows that we are all there if she needs us.

Guest The Pom Queen

Cough apart from me, don't forget I'm the pedo who buries people in my back garden, anyway moving on.

Actually, thinking about it @Quokka2005 that's why you flew out as soon as I arrived in Sydney :wink:

Archived