189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're activating / p!ssing off all at the same time in Feb (possibly January if my contract at work doesn;t get extended ) :)

Sending the wife and monrels for a 3 month holiday to South Africa visiting my folks, while I set us up over there... so I don't have the pressure of them all while I'm looking for a place and a job.

We're activating / p!ssing off all at the same time in Feb (possibly January if my contract at work doesn;t get extended ) :)

Sending the wife and monrels for a 3 month holiday to South Africa visiting my folks, while I set us up over there... so I don't have the pressure of them all while I'm looking for a place and a job.

That's a good plan, I approve. My contract is up at the end of next week, then we're spending Nov & Dec travelling until we arrive properly in Sydney at the beginning of Jan. I'm also from SA, no mongrels as yet though.

Hi Guys. We applied on the 12/8/15. We were assigned a CO requesting medicals and form 80 on 29/10/15. We have now completed and uploaded all paperwork so its time to sit back and wait! Hopefully the wait won't be too long!!

@ah keat, all of us have own grant letter but the VEVO system only showed my record. do you get your passport endorsed in Australian High Commission in KL anyway?

Hi @Karenz, @CaptainC has already answered your query. Nope. I reside in Singapore and I thought there is no need to endorse the visa label. Think they charge AUD70 for each visa label..

Oh and some genius has been messing about with the s/s deleting names etc and sorting it grrrr why can't people leave it alone it's a fab tool x

This happens quite frequently I'm afraid. There's no way to stop it. But, there is someone that does a repair of the sheet (not sure who) most days, so take a look tomorrow and hopefully it will be sorted.

Need a lil help! Me and my spouse are filling form 1221 in which there is a section about funding your trip. So we both are working and supporting our trip mutually, So what should I write ? ( That I am fully funding and trip and dont show her as dependent ) and what my spouse should write ?

A little help required....A GSM has been allocated who has requested me to undergo medicals and I could see in the ImmiAcct that there is a message confirming that I have given the required medicals are finalised.

I have carefully looked at GSM requests and did not find any request for Form 1221 or 80....is it usual....

further, I have uploaded all docs, and I see a button "Request complete" alongwith a message "If you have attached all requested documents through this ImmiAccount, click the 'Request complete' button below to assist the department to identify this application as being ready for assessment."

is it that unless I click on "request complete" the docs that I have pre-loaded cannot be reviewed by the GSM...

Appreciate if someone can throw some light on it...

Hello everyone, I am totally new to this forum. Congrats on everyone who has so far got their grants.

I applied for Visa Subclass (189) - Internal Auditor Category on 6 August 2015 and CO was allocated on 1 October 2015. All documents were front loaded except Form 80. CO requested for Police Certificate from France for both myself and wife and Form 80 for my wife on 1.10.2015. Uploaded Form 80 on 6.10.2015, but I am not sure why I should get a Police Certificate from France when both of us have never been to France? I am assuming that this is for the fact that I obtained My Masters Degree from a French University, but I did my studies in London - Uk.

On 1.10.2015, I sent an email to GSM Brisbane team explaining the fact that I have never been to France and I studied for the aforesaid Degree in London. Again on 07.10.2015 I obtained confirmation letter from the University and sent it to the GSM Brisbane team email. But, so far no reply.

Tried calling today but after 15 minutes I just hanged up because international calls are so expensive.

CO has given me till 28 of October to upload all the documents, but I am not sure whether I should go ahead and get the Police Certificate from France when I have never been there. Plus, to get the Police Certificate from France you need to learn French first because the application is in French.

Would really appreciate any of your comments.

Thanks.

No, I think telling the CO you've never been to France should be sufficient. I'd wait to see if they come back asking for anything else. Unfortunately they've been known to ask for things that aren't needed, ask for things you've already uploaded, etc. Just respond politely, and then go back to waiting.