189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what I have seen from spread sheet is 45 days after CO is allocated .Max time mentioned on their website is 3 Months

Processing time is three months for a full and complete application, so the clock starts when you have submitted everything and the processing officers have received it.

The CO sometimes ask additional info , so every time he/she asked for a document , it means 3 months are counted from the last submission? I remember that my Immi account said on 22nd oct (after receiving medicals ) that assessment for visa processing can be started for this candidate and on 10th Nov they asked for my resume.

The CO sometimes ask additional info , so every time he/she asked for a document , it means 3 months are counted from the last submission? I remember that my Immi account said on 22nd oct (after receiving medicals ) that assessment for visa processing can be started for this candidate and on 10th Nov they asked for my resume.

The definition of the processing time is from a complete and correct application, so presumably yes.

Hey guys!

Forgive if this is wrong thread but I'm at my wits end and so hoping someone here can offer me a wee bit of reassurance...

I'm a Registered Nurse originally from UK and myself and my two boys have been in Sydney the last three years on a sponsored 457. I finally got the money together to lodge a 189 visa after my EOI produced a successful invitation and I lodged my application on 7th August 2015. I front loaded all docs including PCC from UK and Aus and Medicals for the three of us.

2.10.2015 - visa processing officer from Brisbane emailed requesting Form 80, Australian employment references and previous military service certificate. Same provided within 28 day timeframe given.

4.11.2015 - different visa processing officer from Brisbane emailed requesting Form 1221 and CV. Same uploaded on 11.11.2015.

No contact since and now when I log into my immiaccount I am no longer able to view any of the documents I attached to my application and it reads assessment in progress.

I am completely exhausted with the whole process and am terrified that because I was unable to afford an agent I'm going to be waiting even longer or worse still be refused. My eldest son is currently excluded from school due to my not being able to afford the compulsory government school fees that temporary residents face here so my being granted this visa is beyond important. While I'm happy to see other people successfully gaining permanent residency, it's so frustrating to see all the people who have been given direct grants or have applied way after me and have been granted.

Can anyone offer me some reassurance that the end is nigh or that a similar thing has happened to them?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the long winded whinge!!

Hey guys!

Forgive if this is wrong thread but I'm at my wits end and so hoping someone here can offer me a wee bit of reassurance...

I'm a Registered Nurse originally from UK and myself and my two boys have been in Sydney the last three years on a sponsored 457. I finally got the money together to lodge a 189 visa after my EOI produced a successful invitation and I lodged my application on 7th August 2015. I front loaded all docs including PCC from UK and Aus and Medicals for the three of us.

2.10.2015 - visa processing officer from Brisbane emailed requesting Form 80, Australian employment references and previous military service certificate. Same provided within 28 day timeframe given.

4.11.2015 - different visa processing officer from Brisbane emailed requesting Form 1221 and CV. Same uploaded on 11.11.2015.

No contact since and now when I log into my immiaccount I am no longer able to view any of the documents I attached to my application and it reads assessment in progress.

I am completely exhausted with the whole process and am terrified that because I was unable to afford an agent I'm going to be waiting even longer or worse still be refused. My eldest son is currently excluded from school due to my not being able to afford the compulsory government school fees that temporary residents face here so my being granted this visa is beyond important. While I'm happy to see other people successfully gaining permanent residency, it's so frustrating to see all the people who have been given direct grants or have applied way after me and have been granted.

Can anyone offer me some reassurance that the end is nigh or that a similar thing has happened to them?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the long winded whinge!!

Hi dawnie, i can definitely relate with you regarding the anxiety that comes with waiting with no clear deadline in sight. me and my husband applied on Aug 17. CO ask for medical, form 80 & 1221 for husband on Oct 2 and those were submitted on Oct 22. after that silence from the CO.

We also didnt use a migration agent because they want $4000 to $5000 fee, what a ridiculous amount! It will still be you who'll accomplish all forms and process PCC requests and medicals so if your case is pretty straightforward no need for an agent at all. I'd like to reassure you that if something were wrong in your application (example: wrong number of points claimed etc) the case officers will definitely let you know. Apparently some people receive an email from skill.select@border.gov.au asking them to show proof to validate the points they claimed for work experience if the submitted docs are insufficient etc. As with the wait, people have been told when they called DIBP that it takes 4-8 weeks after request completed that the CO will review your file again. A bit irritating that we're put back at the end of the queue but all we could do is sigh..

By the way my husband is originally from England, so just waiting for his UK PCC was a mind-boggling. He hasn't gone out of Australia for the last two years just working working working.. so he was really hoping that once we get this PR he could vacation home for Christmas. But with airfare costs peaking now and the PR still not getting granted, I don't think that will be fulfilled this year. By the way, with your boys as your dependent, did you have to get them to take the IELTS? I am the primary applicant for our Visa 189 application and I got a satisfactory score, but my husband never took an IELTS exam because we've been told citizens from the Commonwealth countries are exempted in getting a language test (provided they are just secondary applicants in the visa application).

Lastly, if you haven't found this yet here's a link to a google document of visa applicants: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/edit?type=view&gid=379&f=true&colid0=22&filterstr0=India&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250#gid=271341765&vpid=A2

Last time I checked about 25 people listed there are still waiting for their August applications to be resolved. It's a little glimmer of hope i suppose :)

I think the immi website went through some revamp and as you log in you can note them sayin that in case you cannot view the docs you have attached it is fine. I think they have mentioned a time line by which this is to get fixed.

AS you say it is frustrating to see ppl who applied later than you get grants, but i think each one has their own merits so all we do is be patient. That is the only option we have on hand. i can definitely say that the end is near. i was contacted twice adn still waiting to see the status change from in progress to finalized.

Hi dawnie, i can definitely relate with you regarding the anxiety that comes with waiting with no clear deadline in sight. me and my husband applied on Aug 17. CO ask for medical, form 80 & 1221 for husband on Oct 2 and those were submitted on Oct 22. after that silence from the CO.

We also didnt use a migration agent because they want $4000 to $5000 fee, what a ridiculous amount! It will still be you who'll accomplish all forms and process PCC requests and medicals so if your case is pretty straightforward no need for an agent at all. I'd like to reassure you that if something were wrong in your application (example: wrong number of points claimed etc) the case officers will definitely let you know. Apparently some people receive an email from skill.select@border.gov.au asking them to show proof to validate the points they claimed for work experience if the submitted docs are insufficient etc. As with the wait, people have been told when they called DIBP that it takes 4-8 weeks after request completed that the CO will review your file again. A bit irritating that we're put back at the end of the queue but all we could do is sigh..

By the way my husband is originally from England, so just waiting for his UK PCC was a mind-boggling. He hasn't gone out of Australia for the last two years just working working working.. so he was really hoping that once we get this PR he could vacation home for Christmas. But with airfare costs peaking now and the PR still not getting granted, I don't think that will be fulfilled this year. By the way, with your boys as your dependent, did you have to get them to take the IELTS? I am the primary applicant for our Visa 189 application and I got a satisfactory score, but my husband never took an IELTS exam because we've been told citizens from the Commonwealth countries are exempted in getting a language test (provided they are just secondary applicants in the visa application).

Lastly, if you haven't found this yet here's a link to a google document of visa applicants: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/edit?type=view&gid=379&f=true&colid0=22&filterstr0=India&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250#gid=271341765&vpid=A2

Last time I checked about 25 people listed there are still waiting for their August applications to be resolved. It's a little glimmer of hope i suppose :)

Ah thank you so much for responding! It's so nice to know I'm not the only one facing this excruciating wait and that other people are having a similar experience. I actually wish I'd joined this forum thing earlier!

In answer to your question about my boys taking the dreaded IELTS, no, thank the Lord they were not asked for that. Don't even get me started on my thoughts about IELTS! I may never come down off my high horse re that one!!

I will definitely checkout the link you pasted for me, thank you.

Good luck with everything and here's hoping we won't be waiting to much longer!

Hi everyone,

I and my wife are also in the same boat. We applied on 13 August, got contacted by CO on 9 October, submitted everything on 23 October.

I saw an update last saturday, which mentioned filling the Form 815 and I signed and sent it yesterday. Now I'm waiting for the good news. Hopefully it won't take long...

Hi so this is my situation;

1) Lodged visa 189 on 11th September

2) Request for more information: 19th October

3) Health test taken on the 23rd October

4) Results given on the 26th October

Is this taking too long? i'm using a migration agent too.

Hi so this is my situation;

1) Lodged visa 189 on 11th September

2) Request for more information: 19th October

3) Health test taken on the 23rd October

4) Results given on the 26th October

Is this taking too long? i'm using a migration agent too.

Uk11 My timeline is very similar to yours. I lodged my visa 189 8th September, CO assigned 13th October, Medicals, PCC + Form 80 uploaded on 26th October and now i'm waiting. I actually phoned them to ask roughly what the process was now and they stated that it takes up to 3 months to be process from receiving a case officer which will bring us up to mid January so I wouldn't worry. Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Uk11 My timeline is very similar to yours. I lodged my visa 189 8th September, CO assigned 13th October, Medicals, PCC + Form 80 uploaded on 26th October and now i'm waiting. I actually phoned them to ask roughly what the process was now and they stated that it takes up to 3 months to be process from receiving a case officer which will bring us up to mid January so I wouldn't worry. Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Hopefully they process it in this month!

My agent wrote to the dept. to get an update, lets see what the outcome is.