189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, just to give you an update:

On November 25, I sent an email to my CO inquiring about the status of my application. I stated that I have provided all required documents on the third week of October and have not heard any update yet. I kindly asked for a timeline when my application will be reviewed again so that me and my husband can plan for the holidays and the next coming months. Currently, I'm offshore while my husband remains working in Australia.

Just today, I got a reply form a different visa processing officer. He confirmed that processing is ongoing on my visa application. But he added that all applicants are considered on an individual basis, and this often involves health, character and national security checks that are performed by other agencies and that takes time. Lastly he said he can't give a definite date when my application will be finalized but said the assessing officer will do all they can to finalize the application as soon as possible.

112 days since visa application

46 days since requirements completed

the waiting continues..

Did you send the mail to any specific Id or to GSM. Allocated

i sent to both gsm.allocated and gsm.adelaide. the reply was from gsm.allocated. It's still unclear to me what checks they are doing because right before this I was working in Australia on a temp visa and I didn't claim any points for work experience..:/

Hi guys, just to give you an update:

On November 25, I sent an email to my CO inquiring about the status of my application. I stated that I have provided all required documents on the third week of October and have not heard any update yet. I kindly asked for a timeline when my application will be reviewed again so that me and my husband can plan for the holidays and the next coming months. Currently, I'm offshore while my husband remains working in Australia.

Just today, I got a reply form a different visa processing officer. He confirmed that processing is ongoing on my visa application. But he added that all applicants are considered on an individual basis, and this often involves health, character and national security checks that are performed by other agencies and that takes time. Lastly he said he can't give a definite date when my application will be finalized but said the assessing officer will do all they can to finalize the application as soon as possible.

112 days since visa application

46 days since requirements completed

the waiting continues..

I really don't mean to worry anybody, but if you are actually the subject of external agency checks, then you will need to accept that you may be in for a considerable wait for a decision.

Several applicants that I've spoken to in recent months have had a similar response from the department. Unfortunately the wait time while waiting for external checks to be completed is around 6-9 months.

I really hope that it isn't the case for you and you're not waiting too long.

Australian Security Intelligence Organization

He didn't specify that I'm under external checks but maybe that's the case. Maybe because I lost a passport before? I did provide all details of that lost passport in my application (either in Form 80 or 1221 i cant remember).

Or maybe because my husband (British) had minor convictions when he was a teenager in England. Nothing serious something like speeding, damage to property, fighting. He was never sentence to jail for them just fines and community service. Anyone know of anybody that had minor convictions but still got visa grant? Owel maybe I won't expect a grant anytime this month..I'm just gonna enjoy the holidays in my home country.:)

Lodged on 10th August, contacted for the first time on September 23rd and second time on Nov 20th. Info was sent for the first time on September 29th and November 30th for the second. Both the times it was basic info and not something that took a lot of time to submit. Now waiting for the final word.

Australian Security Intelligence Organization

He didn't specify that I'm under external checks but maybe that's the case. Maybe because I lost a passport before? I did provide all details of that lost passport in my application (either in Form 80 or 1221 i cant remember).

Or maybe because my husband (British) had minor convictions when he was a teenager in England. Nothing serious something like speeding, damage to property, fighting. He was never sentence to jail for them just fines and community service. Anyone know of anybody that had minor convictions but still got visa grant? Owel maybe I won't expect a grant anytime this month..I'm just gonna enjoy the holidays in my home country.:)

Again it all depends on the individual case, but there are many successful applications by people with convictions.

There doesn't necessarily have to be prison time for a person to be determined as 'not of good character'. If there are multiple, less serious convictions, that are fairly recent then that can be a problem.

From what you've described, that he got up to some unsavoury acts as a teenager, then I don't think that there will be much of a problem providing there's nothing recent and it's clear that he is of good character.

Also, it does make a difference if he declared everything for his current visa and ticked yes to criminal convictions on his incoming passenger card. These are tools that the department use to look to ensure that people are being honest about their past and enable them to make a sound determination of a persons character.

Lodged on 10th August, contacted for the first time on September 23rd and second time on Nov 20th. Info was sent for the first time on September 29th and November 30th for the second. Both the times it was basic info and not something that took a lot of time to submit. Now waiting for the final word.

Seems to be taking forever aye!

Gosh I am still waiting man & praying