189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes , I did. At the time of EOI , i got some PDF documents, one of the guidelines were "

Certified copies

For the purposes of the migration legislation, a document is to be certified in writing as a true

copy of the original document by:

if the copy is certified in Australia:

● a Justice of the Peace; or

● a Commissioner for Declarations; or

● a person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the Statutory

Declarations Act 1959 (for example a nurse, legal practitioner, medical practitioner,

pharmacist or dentist); or

● a registered migration agent (whose registration is not suspended or subject to a

caution).

if the copy is certified outside Australia:

● a person who is the equivalent of a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for

Declarations in that place (for example a public notary); or

● a registered migration agent (whose registration is not suspended or subject to a

caution).

Acc to this list , I have uploaded all. I am wondering why they need again. I also have written an email to AEO for TRF verification of english test.

Sometimes they don't notice documents that have been uploaded particularly if they've been uploaded in an incorrect subheading or section. The officers don't have time to go searching through a mountain of documents to locate the ones that they want so they often ask for them again.

Another possible reason is that you've submitted insufficient evidence for a particular section and they want you to think about submitting more detailed evidence.

Congrates... Keat ma... hahahah.. I didn't go through agent.. so im a bit nervous now.

I hope it's gonna b my turn this week. I uploaded something end of Sept. Not sure does it gonna delay the process. I rmb i lodged on the same day as u... 14th Aug.. give me some luck..~!

The link you gave says stuff needs to be certified.

"All supporting documents*must be scanned and uploaded with your application. All documents that you provide must be certified copies of original documents."

Appears that they have changed it again, it definitely didn't say that last week.

Not a single one of my documents for my successful 189 visa application were certified. I applied when the old website was still active and it said that certified copies were required then, however visas have been granted for many years without being certified.

You have to fill in the follosing forms both for your wife and you:

Form 80 - Personal particulars for assessmentincluding character assessment: https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/80.pdf

Form 1221 - Additional personal particularsinformation: https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1221.pdf

Also, it would be better if you submitted your and your wife's CVs