189 Visa Lodged August 2015

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrates... Keat ma... hahahah.. I didn't go through agent.. so im a bit nervous now.

I hope it's gonna b my turn this week. I uploaded something end of Sept. Not sure does it gonna delay the process. I rmb i lodged on the same day as u... 14th Aug.. give me some luck..~!

I lodged on 13th.. Haha.. It is either today or tomorrow. Good Luck @Karenz.

Appears that they have changed it again, it definitely didn't say that last week.

Not a single one of my documents for my successful 189 visa application were certified. I applied when the old website was still active and it said that certified copies were required then, however visas have been granted for many years without being certified.

Looking at the link captainc provided it seems there are some ambiguities:

- Scanned colour copies of the biographical pages of the current passports

- Certified scanned colour copy of military service record

So it is stressed that some docs need to be certified. So it is unclear whether in this instance passport bio page needs certification. ..

I know for a fact that people have been granted visas even though they had not certified original docs issued in English...

Appears that they have changed it again, it definitely didn't say that last week.

Not a single one of my documents for my successful 189 visa application were certified. I applied when the old website was still active and it said that certified copies were required then, however visas have been granted for many years without being certified.

I printed the checklist on September 26th and it was the same as it is now.

Hello everyone,

I need some advice. I am at a stage where I can apply for the EOI. Do I need to apply for the police checks before or do I have plenty of time once I have lodged my application? I'm a nurse and I have my degree and diploma certificate. Do I need a university transcript? The uni will not send me the original copy.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello everyone,

I need some advice. I am at a stage where I can apply for the EOI. Do I need to apply for the police checks before or do I have plenty of time once I have lodged my application? I'm a nurse and I have my degree and diploma certificate. Do I need a university transcript? The uni will not send me the original copy.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

Depends on how long it takes for the police to prepare PCCs for you in your home country. For instance, it takes for ever in Russia, and I applied for it long before I got an invite. In fact, I had all docs prepared before submitting an EOI.

You will most likely need your transcripts, it's in DIBP's documents checklist. Ask them to send you over the verified copies.

Regards.

Edited by Orlando

Hi,

Depends on how long it takes for the police to prepare PCCs for you in your home country. For instance, it takes for ever in Russia, and I applied for it long before I got an invite. In fact, I had all docs prepared before submitting an EOI.

You will most likely need your transcripts, it's in DIBP's documents checklist. Ask them to send you over the verified copies.

Regards.

Thank you. I have a copy of my academic transcript from 2013 when I applied for my Australian nursing registration. Can I use that copy for evidence? It's black and white. The PCC for the UK takes 10 days which I have applied for. I think the online Australian application takes 10 days.

Thanks again :)

Thank you. I have a copy of my academic transcript from 2013 when I applied for my Australian nursing registration. Can I use that copy for evidence? It's black and white. The PCC for the UK takes 10 days which I have applied for. I think the online Australian application takes 10 days.

Thanks again :)

I guess you can use them for DIAC. If your Board of Nursing is OK with them, why shouldn't DIAC be?

But you better look for the second opinion, as that is not my case, my transcripts from Russia are in colour, and verified by an officer from Australian Embassy in Moscow.

Edited by Orlando

I guess you can use them for DIAC. If your Board of Nursing is OK with them, why shouldn't DIAC be?

But you better look for the second opinion, as that is not my case, my transcripts from Russia are in colour, and verified by an officer from Australian Embassy in Moscow.

Well I don't have the original document to be certified by the Justice of the Peace, I only have a copy so I was unsure if DIBP would except a copy if the JP has not signed it? This is a stressful process. Thanks for your help :)

Well I don't have the original document to be certified by the Justice of the Peace, I only have a copy so I was unsure if DIBP would except a copy if the JP has not signed it? This is a stressful process. Thanks for your help :)

Hope everything works out just fine for you :)

Visa granted today. I checked the vevo system and i only see my visa is granted. For those who attached in my application like my husband and my kid, there is no record there... is it something normal?

Edited by Karenz

Visa granted today. I checked the vevo system and i only see my visa is granted. For those who attached in my application like my husband and my kid, there is no record there... is it something normal?

Happy to hear that Karenz :)

That is not how it is supposed to happen, as in you must get all the visas together.

May be our Senior Members could help out with some info on this particular scenario

congrats @Karenz.. i remember i read somewhere in the grant letter stating that each applicant has their own grant even if they are not the primary applicants. so there is nothing to worry about

Each applicant will get a separate VISA attached to their passport. So whilst you are the primary applicant, each applicant's visa will be electronically tagged to their passport that you provided when you made the application. Then when you attempt to check in for a flight that's why they will check each passport separately to see that the required visa is electronically tagged to each passengers passport.

In the same way that you have checked your visa on the vevo site, you should be able to do the same for the other applicants.

Huge congrats on the visas by the way!