Findings so far of being in the UK

Johndoe

Kev For what it's worth you were right to put this receptionist right. Imagine if she turned someone away and they went downhill to critical or even died as a result. Just ignore the idiots and keep the updates coming. Enjoy Longleat we love it there, far better than any zoo.

Edited by calNgary
edited out deleted quote

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Because we enjoy it, those of us who enjoy this forum for what it is. These sad sad individuals are just a joke.

Kev For what it's worth you were right to put this receptionist right. Imagine if she turned someone away and they went downhill to critical or even died as a result. Just ignore the idiots and keep the updates coming. Enjoy Longleat we love it there, far better than any zoo.

Same happened on my 'holiday' thread a few years back. It just detracts from the thread for those who enjoy reading the posts/experiences. I think this thread should be moved to another area of the forum as it's not 'chewing the fat' as such.

Same happened on my 'holiday' thread a few years back. It just detracts from the thread for those who enjoy reading the posts/experiences. I think this thread should be moved to another area of the forum as it's not 'chewing the fat' as such.

I know what you mean, I didn't even bother doing an update, I was so underwhelmed with my trip back I didn't even post, as I knew it would rile some. Skipping back to the plane home was the highlight of mine :wink:

I know what you mean, I didn't even bother doing an update, I was so underwhelmed with my trip back I didn't even post, as I knew it would rile some. Skipping back to the plane home was the highlight of mine :wink:

Tell us more, why were you so underwhelmed. Quite funny seeing the thin skinned lot defend everything...

Sorry for posting on your thread....hope you are all good now:cool:

How was longleat??....I've never been, wanted to when the girls were younger. Tried booking into the camping site a few times but it was always full.

Not been yet chook. Heading off in half an hour but it's peeing down here so that'll dampen things a little.

Stop Press: son brought me 600gms tesco thick cut bacon as he was sick of me whingeing about the 4 packs of thin that I'd bought. Cost 4 quid therefore 900gms = 6 quid at today's rate = A$12.28 In Oz I pay 9,95 for a kilo. 160 tetley t bags 3.95 = A$8.08 The same price that I pay at Coles for 200 although they're often on special at arund 5.50. looks good or does it? 160 tesco ones weigh 500gms but coles 200 weighs only 440 grams!! Either way, I still get 40 more cups in Oz and tbh, I can't tell the difference either way

Looking forward to my kippers for brekky tomorrow @ tesco pice GBP 6.50 a kilo = A$13.50 Bargain! Coles.....A$22.30 a kilo!

Bloody hell man...life is short ...the quality time with your children is even shorter .....**** the price of tea and bacon ...just get on with it .....anything can happen .....this could be your last trip with your kids.....i hope not ...but who knows

Iam off for a tour of Italy with my wife and youngest daughter in 3 weeks ...its precious time ....the Best time ...the memories.....i won't be comparing costs

Yep resembles a nice Spring day in Brisbane by the looks of it. Shame the sea in the UK is an ice bath.

Yeah you are right the sea isn't the best ,but at the risk of repeating myself ....i have Europe on my doorstep ...the neighbours next door are in Sorrento Italy as we speak....the neighbours over the road are in Cyprus .....my mates have just been golfing in north wales for 4 days .....my other mate is off to his apartment in Spain at the weekend .....the couples in the pub have just been to marbella for a week ...and we are off to a tour of Italy in 3 weeks ...and we have the worlds capital 2 hours down the road.

The weather may be changeable ....the sea is cold for 12 months a year ....but we have do much more CHOICE here .....so much more to see .....so much more to do .....

Sad how some can't accept we're all different

I stay away from certain posters now as they aint worth the effort

This thread is for Johndoe to post about his holiday/reccie to the UK if not interested don't read it

I'm really enjoying reading and reminiscing of where I came from

Its a shame when some who should know better can't let some one post of how they see it

FFS

It aint a competition

Grow up

Anyway...moving on. I'm enjoying reading the thread and the experiences had. The cost comparisons are interesting and relevant. Many thanks for taking time out of your holiday to post. I posted regularly on my thread and enjoyed the comments/feedback/sharing of info. I reckon now...if you've nothing to say about the holiday itself you shouldn't be posting on here and being argumentative.

Yet again someone who can't wait to jump in and I don't need inferences about how I spend my time, or not, with my kids. If you kept up with things on the forum, you would appreciate that I am debating whether to return to the UK or not, and as i see so much false info on here, and the fact that my pension will be halved if i do return, then costs are an important factor in this holiday...........it's intended as more of a recce where FACTS can be gleaned, not half truths or mis-truths often posted by the usual suspects

Iam full of facts ,no bullshit or half truths here ,i live the life 24/7 ,good and bad .

It rains,there are 24 million vehicles on British roads...i have to drive in it everyday.

I did used to walk straight into my doctors at 8am ...in at 8.15am....but then previous governments allowed in millions of immigrants.....3 million in 12 years,under labour.

Now resources are obviously stretched.....that's why people cant get an appointment.

Bloody hell man...life is short ...the quality time with your children is even shorter .....**** the price of tea and bacon ...just get on with it .....anything can happen .....this could be your last trip with your kids.....i hope not ...but who knows

Iam off for a tour of Italy with my wife and youngest daughter in 3 weeks ...its precious time ....the Best time ...the memories.....i won't be comparing costs

Yes, but are you trying to make a decision whether to move or not? There are quite a few people who are, and would really appreciate JD's commentary on costs etc

Longleat was brilliant as the weather cleared up nicely mid-day. Disappointed that the gorillas didn't come out but compensated for by the fact that the hippos swam right up to the boat. Jake was wetting himself feeding the sea lion. What an interior and exterior. The best yet! Dunno how good the safari park photos will be, having to shoot through the cars glass though. Karen, my daughter-in-law who is rather squeemish about insects and small mammals, surprised us all by asking to hold a tarantula

Had chips 3 times since being here, none of them a patch on my local in Oz, and more ammo for the wolves, fish and chips is dearer, so when I'm paying for 7, quite a lot dearer. The steak and kidney pie at the local chippy here was 5 pence under 4 quid but was just how I remembered it though (lovely) but 8 bucks for a pie? Cod at 5.95 again, at my local Oz chippy is $7.95 , although it didn't taste like the cod I remembered. Old age must have knackered the taste buds, and yes, I know Australian Cod is a different species..

Yeah you are right the sea isn't the best ,but at the risk of repeating myself ....i have Europe on my doorstep ...the neighbours next door are in Sorrento Italy as we speak....the neighbours over the road are in Cyprus .....my mates have just been golfing in north wales for 4 days .....my other mate is off to his apartment in Spain at the weekend .....the couples in the pub have just been to marbella for a week ...and we are off to a tour of Italy in 3 weeks ...and we have the worlds capital 2 hours down the road.

The weather may be changeable ....the sea is cold for 12 months a year ....but we have do much more CHOICE here .....so much more to see .....so much more to do .....

I don't have any problem in finding things to do or places to go here in OZ or nearby if needed, but then again, like yourself, I have no problem in finding things to do in and around the UK either..............it is down to the individual really!

I don't have any problem in finding things to do or places to go here in OZ or nearby if needed, but then again, like yourself, I have no problem in finding things to do in and around the UK either..............it is down to the individual really!

Yeah I have only been to England, Scotland, Spain, Bali, Melbourne, Country VIC and NSW, Sydney, North QLD, Byron Bay, Gold Coast and Sunny Coast the last year. Stuck in my house in oz...

Longleat was brilliant as the weather cleared up nicely mid-day. Disappointed that the gorillas didn't come out but compensated for by the fact that the hippos swam right up to the boat. Jake was wetting himself feeding the sea lion. What an interior and exterior. The best yet! Dunno how good the safari park photos will be, having to shoot through the cars glass though. Karen, my daughter-in-law who is rather squeemish about insects and small mammals, surprised us all by asking to hold a tarantula

Had chips 3 times since being here, none of them a patch on my local in Oz, and more ammo for the wolves, fish and chips is dearer, so when I'm paying for 7, quite a lot dearer. The steak and kidney pie at the local chippy here was 5 pence under 4 quid but was just how I remembered it though (lovely) but 8 bucks for a pie? Cod at 5.95 again, at my local Oz chippy is $7.95 , although it didn't taste like the cod I remembered. Old age must have knackered the taste buds, and yes, I know Australian Cod is a different species..

You need to get out a bit more Kev:wink: go North my friend, go North:cool:.

PS eat Haddock!

OMG Kev :elvis: I shivered when I read that lol

My experience too. I don't think old age knackers the taste buds, I think we've got used to the different tastes in Oz.